2001 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Ten times around the globe
By rdthore on 03/23/13 09:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 220,000 miles on this car and only minor wear and tear repairs to this point. I bought this used with 18,000 miles in 2003 and have driven it in the harshest of ND and MN winters. There isn't a spot of rust anywhere on it. I've since handed it down to my daughter and have no qualms about her taking it to college. It's big, it's safe and with over 200k miles, it still gets almost 30 mpg at 75 mph and 20 in town.

Bonneville's are the BEST
By mightymouse75 on 07/03/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Bonneville. I love them. The SLE model with leather and heated seats and moonroof and remote start and the list goes on. I have owned it since 149,000 miles and now have 190,000 4 years later. GREAT car. Now I finally need valve cover gaskets. Not too shabby. I would buy another in a heartbeat. If you are considering one just do carfax and see what problems "it" has had. If it looks clean, then buy it , you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!

WORST CAR EVER !!!!!
By cantonjh on 04/03/12 21:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

From the day I got this car I had NOTHING but problems !!!! first the rack & pinion ( right passenger side ) goes out then back window regulator goes out then countless converter replacements then 2 coils replacements then A/C goes out then countless sensors replaced then front wheel bearings replaced and both tire rods replaced then front passenger window regulator goes out then water pump and raidtor repleaced had to replace the tension pully then valve cover gastets replaced and now my head gasgets are leaking my car has been in the repair shops more then on the road NEVER again will I buy crap like this SHAME on GM !!!!!

Worst Car I've ever owned!!
By allierockette on 12/07/11 03:28 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with low miles. LOVED the power and pep of the engine. but in a little over 30 days both back window motors broke at the same time. Then my gas and oil gauges quit working, the gas compartment hinge got stuck all the time, constantly replaced head/taillights, trunk leaked, transmission started shifting hard, had problems with front end alignment alot so new tires were needed more often than they shouldve been, front cv joint/axle replaced twice, and bc the gas gauge didnt work it constantly made the "warning" ringing sound. Was embarrased to be seen driving this. . .worst piece of crap ever!

my pontiac
By My pontiac on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2001 Pontiac Bonneville because I wanted a sporty family sedan I had a Mitsubishi diamante and let me tell you I've read some these reviews with problems with the Bonneville well go own a Mitsubishi. those cars were problems from the beginning my Bonneville currently has 140,000 miles on it I had to replace the catalytic converter other then that the cars dependable for me only thing it lacks is speed it seems slow but it is a big car I didn't think I'd ever own an American car I'm more of a foreign car owner but I thought I'd give it a shoot and haven't regretted it yet I wouldn't buy another American car again but I will keep this Bonneville running for as long as possible

Pontiac-One of Detroit's best.
By Dwayne on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for four years now and I have had absolute no problems at all. I purchased my Bonneville with almost exactly 60,000 miles on it and was expecting some sort of major issues, but so far they have not occurred. I live in a Downtown Metro area and drive both city (and I mean gridlock city) and highway. My average MPG is 24 which is very manageable. This car has handled everything I have thrown at it and I couldn't ask for anything more quality wise. Very well rounded competent vehicle with a wonderful blend of sport and practicality.

European Road Trip 2010
By Circo on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

What's all this about Bonni's with 35 K ? 75 K ?? 125 K? Mine has nearly 300 K on the clock and is still going strong - and as for those who don't think it's comfortable - get a sofa ! I've driven mine the whole way across the EU, have had it in Hungary for a few months and am about to roll it back to the UK this week in a 18 hr straight drive!

Wouldn't trade for the world
By Brandyrn on 08/05/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this car! Problems, a few but overall meets all my expectations and have no reason to trade for a newer model. I get 28 miles on the highway and 14 in the city. I have all the options where most cars today have a few. Power seats,10 disk changer,heated seats,heads up display,cd/tape player, onstar, you get the idea. Chrome wheels were pretty but crap. Front lighter a waste but the car still looks new and rides great. Easily would buy another.

great car
By njtravelguy on 01/25/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I consistently got 30 mpg on the highway. It never broke down. The only repairs were the right front ball joint and broken motor mount. Unfortunately my car was hit on the side and the insurance company declared it a total loss. Now I have to find a car. I have had 3 Pontiacs and don't know what to get now.

sharp car with dependability issues
By Wayne on 01/19/10 11:10 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the exterior styling of this car, very sporty. NO idea why GM ended its production. It handles well. The 3.8 engine is very dependable, but all the other attachments to it seem to go out. It started at 125,000 miles with a number of sensors, coil packs, alternator, starter, the plastic intake manifold, front ball joints, front wheel bearings, the list goes on. The same with my old 1989 Bonneville, only that started at 75,000 miles. And at 80,000 on my 1979 Pontiac Grand LeMans for that matter. I finally started to buy Toyota for dependability sake. GM may not have needed a bail out if they had adopted Toyota's model of quality control years ago. Daughter has it at college now.

1 2 3 4 5 next »