2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Review: Pre-Retirement Thrill

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Review

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

SLE Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Pre-Retirement Thrill
By slnews on

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

In my search for a comfortable, roomy car for a big and tall person like myself, the Bonneville was last on my short list. After driving it, I had to have it! Deceivingly roomy, yet drives and performs outstandingly. The creature features are just enough to pamper me but not too much to spoil me. I'd rather have a responsive "big" car in today's deteriorating roads, jam packed with inattentive (aka cell phone handicapped) drivers. The 3.8 liter V6 is the perfect bridge between typical 3.5's and less that cars around this weight class usually get, and the gas guzzling V8's. I don't know if it's on purpose, but Pontiac dual exhausts have always "growled", which you won't hear in a Buick!

Speed Controlled Volume (SCV) of the stereo system is awesome, and the steering wheel controls are wonderful. Full power, leather buckets fit me like a glove, and the bulges at the 10- 2 positions on the steering wheel are perfect for my hand grips. Abundance of analog displays great for old timers.

Trunk seal is easily damaged where you load objects, causing water seepage. Could have better protection for that. No option for front license plate - is that legal?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review