Pre-Retirement Thrill
By slnews on
2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan
In my search for a comfortable, roomy car for a big and tall person like myself, the Bonneville was last on my short list. After driving it, I had to have it! Deceivingly roomy, yet drives and performs outstandingly. The creature features are just enough to pamper me but not too much to spoil me. I'd rather have a responsive "big" car in today's deteriorating roads, jam packed with inattentive (aka cell phone handicapped) drivers. The 3.8 liter V6 is the perfect bridge between typical 3.5's and less that cars around this weight class usually get, and the gas guzzling V8's. I don't know if it's on purpose, but Pontiac dual exhausts have always "growled", which you won't hear in a Buick!
Favorite Features
Speed Controlled Volume (SCV) of the stereo system is awesome, and the steering wheel controls are wonderful. Full power, leather buckets fit me like a glove, and the bulges at the 10- 2 positions on the steering wheel are perfect for my hand grips. Abundance of analog displays great for old timers.
Suggested Improvements
Trunk seal is easily damaged where you load objects, causing water seepage. Could have better protection for that. No option for front license plate - is that legal?