Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

My First Pontiac
By Poor Boy

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Overall pretty good car. Steering rack was leaking, had it replaced under extended warranty. Window motor went out, again replaced under warranty. Great Gas Milage. Intermediate steering linkage has been a problem, fixed under recall but now acting up again. Purchased car almost three years old with 23,000 miles and bought it for half of new car sticker. Never owned a Pontiac before, thought I would give it a try.

Favorite Features

Sporty look..

2000 Bonneville SE - Great car!
By 2000 SE

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Dec 1999 when the new styling was introduced. I love this car. Lots of features, power and luxury that's hard to beat for the price. Very roomy interior, fun to drive. Great styling. Very reliable. Have had a few minor things repaired. I recently purchased a new 2004 GXP and love this car even more. My wife is now driving the 2000 SE.

Favorite Features

Very reliable, fund to drive.

Its alright
By Josh

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

this car looks very nice, looks a little like a race car. However I have had problems with this car also, struts make noise when you turn the wheel, outside temperture gauge, fog light switch, And even the passenger leather seat heater burnt a hole in the seat!! And drivers heating element burnt out completely, looks nice but if you plan on owning this car for a long time, dont dream of it. This car is only 3 years old, and I cant imagine whats going to go wrong next in another 3 years.

Favorite Features

looks, style, stereo, tires. HOT SEATS.

Suggested Improvements

this car makes america look like our workers are slackers. who ever put these cars together was obviously just concerned with output # than reliability.

Hope to buy another Bonne
By Great Car-Joleen

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Love this car! Hate green but bought this green car because it was worth the money. Husband wanted a Bonne so I relented. Now I wouldn't trade it off and hope to put 200,000 miles on it. I now have 120,000 miles on it and have had very little wrong with the car. The cup holders are somewhat small and I do hate the battery behind the back seat. Under warranty, the alternator had to be replaced but really has worked great since. Handling is a major plus! And the car has plenty of power with the 3.8 engine-pretty good fuel mileage (25- 30) too.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

Battery under the hood

Love the car/ditch the dash lights
By Kennndoll

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned overall; rides nice and solid, 30-32 mpg highway. Other than a brake rotor problem during warranty period, I've had nothing done to it except scheduled maintenance in 50,000+ miles of driving. Only problem is an annoying shimmy at 70mph which started in front and went to the rear after I rotated the tires, so it's either a bum tire or a wheel hole off center. This is a lot of car for the money. My only beef is with those annoying red dash lights that can only have been designed by someone under 40; too hard on older eyes!

Favorite Features

Ride quality, solid feel, steering wheel radio controls

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the red dash lights. Attention to detail is what makes imports a little better. GM markets this car to the 35-55 crowd but failed to understand the bi-focal crowd doesn't see red as well as other colors. Also cup holders too small; again, attention to detail!!!