2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE
By BJ Baker on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I love my Bonneville!!! Exterior styling is awesome for a 4- door.

good old bonnie
By woodsy on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This has a terrific car. It's fun to drive, has been reliable, and looks good. My only complaint is a small back seat. Very uncomfortable for adults, and definitely too small for 3 people.

It's just not my ol' 94 Bonneville
By It's for sale on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car, I was in hopes that it would compare to my 94 Bonneville. Didn't happen. The r&p steering has been replaced twice before fixed. Fan blower motor replaced, still chirps. Dealership trying to find clunking noise near glove box. Have installed a windshield and "three alternators" (not sure why)with the noise still there. Terrible wind/road interior noise in front and back. Front cup holders are too small.

driver and passenger comfort
By adm on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

The split bench seat is worthless due to console design. With the drivers seat up and forward you can hardly get in and out of the car. In general leg room is not what you would expect in a full size car. You get as much out of a Grand Prix

SSEI
By APS on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

$ well spent; you will not be disappointed; a great family sport sedan

pontiac
By alanna on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Very sporty car but for a family there is not enough leg room in the back.

Definitely Attitude
By Jam K on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car has been superb regardless of the trouble spots. At 1,400 miles the supercharger blew and took the engine with it. The dealer was more concerned as to what caused the problem rather than just fixing it. The heads-up display was scrambling and needed replaced as well. The StabiliTrak system is amazing and works well especially in the snow, although a sensor had to be replaced twice to keep it working. Other minor annoyances were the A-pillar trim panel keeps coming loose, the sunroof needs tightened occasionally but never leaks. Even still if you drive one you'd likely buy one! Truly Luxury With Attitude!

Disappointed
By Disappointed2 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Styling was underwelming. I appreciated the changes in the chassis. Interior is spacious and comfortable, the convience of the tire pump is great! Performance is adequate (I am waiting for the GTO , next year) First problem was electrical took dealer 3 times to fix. Verbal explaination of repairs, "you don't want to know!". Now have racheting noise in the steering I am told the car was bottomed out ... the "Craddle" is bent and the noise/popping we hear is body flex. We don't drive radically. Even though there are signs of the undercarraige being scraped there is no way that we impacted anything hard enough to warp the Craddle.

Great American Car
By Stephen on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Bonne; 88, 93, 97 and now 00. Great car with smooth quiet ride and handles well for a large sedan. Each one was trouble free with less than $200 maint. per year (excluding tires, since that's dependent on how you drive). Fun to drive. They just get better every year.

Fun, Sporty, Solid Value though...
By kevmark on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I was very impressed with this car. Have searched for a few months..so no quick decision here. I like almost everything about it except for the cup holders up front, they actually overlap each other so only two cans can fit, no large cups, or at least not for the two of you!! Pretty stupid design, what was up with that engineering quirk? Also, the middle of the radio/CD display is dark so some characters and numbers are unreadable. I'm hoping this is simply a bulb burned out behind the display.