2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Very nice car with a few problems
By WIdriver on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love the look. I love the handling. The 3.8 engine continues to prove its durability. BUT, they have to redesign the split-bench front seat. Very uncomfortable. I use a seat cushion and that helps. And, I remember a time when seats were comforatble enough to fall asleep in. Not this car! The steering column stick shift covers the radio controls when in "Drive." DUH! The back seats are too low unless your kids are six feet tall. But for the money and size, I can't find a better vehicle.

AWESOME
By StealthXtreme on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car has been one of the best sedans I've ever driven. And working at GM I've driven quite a few, since I get a new vehicle every three months. This has outperformed my son's friends in their 3000GT's ( SL's of course ) and their sporty little ricers. Awesome torque and power, especially when upgraded like ours is. Yes, only 12,500 mileage.

Sporty, Fun To Drive, Great Economy
By Leo-Bailey on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

What a great ride! I have 26000 miles on the car with none of the problems listed by other reviews. Did have a shaking problem between 65 & 70, but found the tires to be at fault. Goodyear replaced them free of charge-- Problem solved! Solid, great handling and fantastic fuel milage with great performance! Some girl followed my wife for 10 miles just to tell her the car was the best looking car she has seen. She wanted to know the make and model

SSEi = Super Special
By absbill on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car for my wife: a real looker, classy, excellent fuel economy considering how powerful the car is. She's been very happy with it.

Very Decieving
By Not Satisfied! on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

This car is not what you think you are getting. Have had to replace racking pionion 5 times, transmission had to be replaced, new brakes in less than 5000 miles, makes popping noise all the time, front end will not stay in in-linement, Tire Rods has had to be replaced 4 times, Tires are to expense to have to ahve replaced so often because of the rubbing of the tires. Do not recommend this car to ANYONE> It is a LEMON!

reliable, sturdy and comfortable
By little red vette on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Sturdy with lots of interior comforts. Very reliable, never a problem. Appears a bit bulky in the exterior design, but you can't compare the quality and reliability.

Expected ecitement and quality, oops
By UKFan on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

As a previous owner of a 1995 SEL, I really like the improvements in the 2000 model. I've had a few issues: replaced heater fan, water gathered under the spoiler and would spill into the trunk when I opened it, an A/C hose failed last year. But what really pissed me off, was both of the rear power window motors had to be replaced within two weeks of each other. This happend at just under 40,000 miles and the dealer nor GM would cover it under warranty. I had to go through a lenghty process to get 50% back from GM.

Looks can be deceiving!
By Not Impressed on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I love the looks of this car, However we have had to replace a lot of "things" on this car, no tire rods were on the car, rackingppion has had to be replaced 4 times, cadlic converter had to be replaced, several items, list to long to mention, in my opinion Pontiac should recall the models from the year 2000, to many "little" problems that have had to be replaced! Also the interior dash panel has had to be replaced because of peeling around the gear shift, radio, etc.

Switching from a Cadi to a Ponti
By NewBonnOwner on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Traded my 95' Black Deville for this 2000 Bonniville.....What a difference! The bonniville is much quicker and more agile but is quickly noted for a lack of styling and cosmetic appeal from my former car (according to friends). The gas mileage is great comparatively to other big cars and the driver feel/form is good. It doesnt ride like a hog nor quite or roomy but it rides damn good.

Fun to Drive
By Darth Vader on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I had a 1995 Bonneville SE previously that I traded in for this car. I love the Bonneville's for there size, performance, comfort, styling and just the simple fact that it's FUN to drive.