Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Jeff's 6 year itch
By Jeff's 6 year itch

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

New 2 year old with 32k in 2002. 2 mnths later trans went. Dealer replaced at their cost, but forgot a few bolts during the repair. Yup fluids all over the engine and driveway. Rear window came off the track 2x's. Sunroof was completely replaced(glass and all) because of wind noise. Wonderful steering noise started just after 39k miles(sorry warranty done). After that my ignition key doesn't always want to turn (happens to both of my keys), and leaves the million dollar question- will it start today. 2 alternators later and 4 weeks after the last one car died again. To make if even better it was on my Birth Day (9/16). I only have 57k miles on a 6yr old car-why I ask do I have so many issues.

Like the ride and style. Although mine is the SE, it has may bells and whistles (leather, track control, ABS).

GMAC reps told me they are seeing many issues with the redesigned models. Let's improve on quality folks. It would be ok if the purchase price was slightly higher as a result. In the end it is the same old story PAY OF IT NOW, OR PAY FOR IT LATER-I prefer up front. Hope redesign brings back quality.

Pre-Retirement Thrill
By slnews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan

In my search for a comfortable, roomy car for a big and tall person like myself, the Bonneville was last on my short list. After driving it, I had to have it! Deceivingly roomy, yet drives and performs outstandingly. The creature features are just enough to pamper me but not too much to spoil me. I'd rather have a responsive "big" car in today's deteriorating roads, jam packed with inattentive (aka cell phone handicapped) drivers. The 3.8 liter V6 is the perfect bridge between typical 3.5's and less that cars around this weight class usually get, and the gas guzzling V8's. I don't know if it's on purpose, but Pontiac dual exhausts have always "growled", which you won't hear in a Buick!

Speed Controlled Volume (SCV) of the stereo system is awesome, and the steering wheel controls are wonderful. Full power, leather buckets fit me like a glove, and the bulges at the 10- 2 positions on the steering wheel are perfect for my hand grips. Abundance of analog displays great for old timers.

Trunk seal is easily damaged where you load objects, causing water seepage. Could have better protection for that. No option for front license plate - is that legal?

Excellent Fun Vehicle
By David Craig

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a dream - love to take it on curvy roads. The power is awesome and has great fuel economy when driving normally. Get lots of compliments on the exterior still (2006). Like that there are very few of these on the road and it has outrun anything I have raced against. The interior is very roomy and comfy. Love the dash and lighting design.

The exterior look, Bose sound system, large car comfort.

Should have a recall on the steering problem. Everyone I know who owns this car has had it replaced at least once.

Buy a different car before warranty is up
By Brook

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new, I loved the inside/outside such a unique car & the heads up~wow!! But immediate problems, dealership gave me the go around & failed at their job, so took it elsewhere and the guys there do try! The car growls at approx. 13 mph in front. the spoiler holds water & leaks into the trunk. The wheel roters have been turned & replaced numerous times. The windows both broke within an hour of each other, $500 a pop to fix, extended warranty a must, now when I turn it/try to turn it over won't start, must turn part way wait 15 secs. before it will start. fuel filter & pump replaced, relay replaced, power steering pump replaced, sounds like crap back to shop, new foreign car!!

HEAD'S UP!!!! Wow!! Wow!! Great car, until around 30K!

Fix these problems and make it run!!! Better quality equipment means for better sales, now I am buying a foreign car, tired of cars only lasting through basic warranty!!

Fun, but.......
By Lotsamiles

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We purchased new, now have 94k+. Very fun to drive, good mileage for large car. Reliability has been lousy! Same problems with windows/motors. Had dealer print out repair history; it was 12 pages long. Injectors, tie rod, windows, steering column, and so forth. Afraid to pass on to our daughter! Steering column has to be taken apart and lubed...now at our cost...every 50k miles.

Ride, handling, and mpg