Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Excellent Fun Vehicle
By David Craig

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a dream - love to take it on curvy roads. The power is awesome and has great fuel economy when driving normally. Get lots of compliments on the exterior still (2006). Like that there are very few of these on the road and it has outrun anything I have raced against. The interior is very roomy and comfy. Love the dash and lighting design.

The exterior look, Bose sound system, large car comfort.

Should have a recall on the steering problem. Everyone I know who owns this car has had it replaced at least once.

Buy a different car before warranty is up
By Brook

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new, I loved the inside/outside such a unique car & the heads up~wow!! But immediate problems, dealership gave me the go around & failed at their job, so took it elsewhere and the guys there do try! The car growls at approx. 13 mph in front. the spoiler holds water & leaks into the trunk. The wheel roters have been turned & replaced numerous times. The windows both broke within an hour of each other, $500 a pop to fix, extended warranty a must, now when I turn it/try to turn it over won't start, must turn part way wait 15 secs. before it will start. fuel filter & pump replaced, relay replaced, power steering pump replaced, sounds like crap back to shop, new foreign car!!

HEAD'S UP!!!! Wow!! Wow!! Great car, until around 30K!

Fix these problems and make it run!!! Better quality equipment means for better sales, now I am buying a foreign car, tired of cars only lasting through basic warranty!!

Fun, but.......
By Lotsamiles

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We purchased new, now have 94k+. Very fun to drive, good mileage for large car. Reliability has been lousy! Same problems with windows/motors. Had dealer print out repair history; it was 12 pages long. Injectors, tie rod, windows, steering column, and so forth. Afraid to pass on to our daughter! Steering column has to be taken apart and lubed...now at our cost...every 50k miles.

Ride, handling, and mpg

Reliability!

This Car is a Nightmare
By dmh

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for two years and it was great at first. Now The passenger side window won't roll up the back window won't roll down, but it falls down. My headlights have started flashing on and off so I can't drive at night. My windshield wipers work intermittently. And my Traction, Anti-Lock, and Brake light all have come on at the same time. My warranty has run out. I took the car to an auto electric shop and he said I would need all four window regulators which are over 300.00 dollars a piece. That's just the beginning. Anybody want to buy a car?

I enjoyed the gas mileage and the look of this vehicle

Cup holders are retarded

For the dad who still likes excitement
By Snitz

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and got a 7/100K warranty that pd for itself. Great mileage and fun to drive. Typical American maintenance. That is why they lose their value quickly. But I knew this going into the deal. No serious problems with car. I think a fifth gear would be nice and a little more grumble from the exhaust. An aftermarket battery should be made available. As of now, you go to the dealership. It is either all or nothing with the stereo system too. Modular aftermarket components would be a nice option for upgrades. The leather is not up to Toyota standards and they do get hot in the summer. More front passenger leg room. The dash lights up like a cockpit (really like that!).

Heads Up Display, Supercharger, 10 disk CD changer, Steering wheel stereo control, heated front seats.

A little more pwr, modular stereo components, upgrade seat leather, optional ride comfort, hide wipers when not in use (are car manufacturers in cahoots with ANCO?). Auto-sensing wipers. Dual exhaust with the GRRRRRR!