Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was my third Bonnie after driving my `96 to 309,500 miles we decided to get another. I won't hit that on this one not because it won't go, but because I for what ever reason didn't drive as much. My wife drives them the first 4 years then I take them over. My `04 is coming to me to drive the heck out of it. It is well worth the money and quality is great. I am sad they don't make them anymore. I think I will have to buy a Buick now.

I love the controls on the steering wheel. MPG are very good for a car of it's size and speed. Duel zone climate control is a plus when driving with one's wife in the summer.

I have some paint flakes on the hood. Also a little bubbling now of the paint around the gas tank. I understand it took 8 years and 260,000 miles to get it but still not pleased about it.

I love my car!
By ItsmybabydaBonnevile

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had plenty of cars. By far this is the best one. I have a black one with tan leather seats and she rides like a dream. Great on gas but only thing is I've had problems with the back rear left side window. The gas hand floats real bad. Other than that she is perfect. I highly suggest anyone buy one.

Everything but tiny problems (i.e drink holders)

Larger cup holders light behind clock on radio needs to be brighter longer warranties don't stop making Bonnevilles!

Surprisingly Great Car
By sgrabin

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Last year we had just sold a vehicle and needed a "new" family car pretty quickly and at a reasonable price. Our prior car was an Accord, so I was wary about buying a GM product for quality reasons. Found our Bonneville with only 42K miles so I thought/hoped we wouldn't have any problems. We've been very pleasantly surprised after 1.5 years. The Bonneville is always reliable, runs smooth and powerful, and still has no squeaks or rattles at 59K miles now. MPG averages 24, mixed city and hwy, which is great for such a roomy car. Only weird thing is that GM did not put a remote trunk release in this car, so you have to use the key. I really recommend as a used car.

plenty of power, very reliable

needs a remote trunk release

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the greatest cars (and maybe the best engine) GM produces. I have 249,305 miles on it as of this morning and you couldn't ask for a better reliability report. That isn't to say I have never replaced anything on this car. I have. But it has the original "Big Ticket" items. No need to replace the trans or engine. Breaks, tires, oil filters. Almost as good as my 96 Bonnie with 309,000 miles. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Fuel. I still get 17-18/26. Not bad at all for an old car with a LOT of miles. Radio with CD is great so is controls on wheel. Wife likes warmer temp than me so that works great.

Would like compass and MPG settings. (comes later) Would like more power on the heating and cooling fan. Never seemed to push the air as much as I wanted. Defog seems to take forever. Seat should have rear power with base. But a great car...

Solid Value for the Money
By sclass_benz

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 Bonneville for 10 months now and have been very pleased. It always starts easily and runs strong. Being a previous Honda owner, I had some concerns about squeaks and rattles showing up in a GM product, but I've been pleasantly surprized, the ride is nice and quiet and there are no rattles. I am averaging 22+ miles per gallon (city/hwy combined) and there is definitely plenty of power. Only complaint is that a remote trunk release was an option that I don't have, so you have to turn off the motor, then use the key to open the trunk. Highly recommended and a great value.

Power, comfort, fuel economy.

Get an aftermarket keyless entry/trunk release.