Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Most Helpful|
My 2000 Bonniville
By cmorgan429

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This has been one of the best cars I have ever had. No mechanical problems in seven years except for a rear power window malfunction while under warranty. Great fuel mileage for a full sized car with the 3.8 V6. On trips I always get near or above 30mpg on the highway on regular fuel. Good power and smooth ride. Comfortable seating for my 6ft 4in frame. I only wish they still made them so I could get another new one.

Favorite Features

Great fuel mileage for a large car! Drives very nicely! Comfortable seating! Good sound system! Dependable! Exterior styling of the SE. SSEI nose was a little bizarre.

Suggested Improvements

Would have loved to see them revert this car to a V8 rear wheel drive platform rather than stoping production. Maybe the new G8 will suffice here.

We got the lemon
By Pink Arzora

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I've had many Bonne's & they've gone forever, but this one was a complete $$ pit. In 11 months and a total $7000 investment it sits in a junk yard. The ignition locked up, the gas gauge didn't work, the catalytic rattled, the struts - shot, the sunroof broke & leaked, the window motors were failing, and after 500 into trans to save it - still slipping, and then 700 into engine for it to throw a rod. It hurt to see such a beautiful car that we babied to go to sh*t. It had 129K when we bought it, Bose/Onstar/SuperCharge/Tinted/Leather - thought would be our reliable car, but my 94 Bonne turned out to live longer and WAY more reliable.

Favorite Features

The seats, roomy interior, can fit a family/kids comfortably, yet not feel like old lady.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage was really sad considering. 18-22

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was my third Bonnie after driving my `96 to 309,500 miles we decided to get another. I won't hit that on this one not because it won't go, but because I for what ever reason didn't drive as much. My wife drives them the first 4 years then I take them over. My `04 is coming to me to drive the heck out of it. It is well worth the money and quality is great. I am sad they don't make them anymore. I think I will have to buy a Buick now.

Favorite Features

I love the controls on the steering wheel. MPG are very good for a car of it's size and speed. Duel zone climate control is a plus when driving with one's wife in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

I have some paint flakes on the hood. Also a little bubbling now of the paint around the gas tank. I understand it took 8 years and 260,000 miles to get it but still not pleased about it.

2000 Bonneville
By jim

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan

I have used it to travel between WV and FL for 7 years. Excellent gas mileage, reliability and comfort. Absolutely no major problems- no major expenses.

A cut above for those who settle for no less
By pontibonnie

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan

This is a pretty great car, although i have had for a short time only. I bought it in Nov/2013 with 95,000km (57,000mi) it was completely rust free and fit the price, It needed new air ride shocks in the back, but other then that it was practically new. In the 2 months i have owned it, it has performed well, although the passenger rear door lock has stopped working, otherwise though nothing has broken. it does have it's issues, sure, what car doesn't. however, i think it is a great machine for a great price these days and i really am thrilled with my purchase and i encourage anyone looking for a fun, reliable cool looking car to not pass up the 2000-2005 Bonneville's, they're great :)

Favorite Features

I have the SLE model, so it has leather seats, dual-zone climate control with temp. display and steering wheel radio controls. However the sunroof, HUD, driver info centre and heated seats are absent, which is a bit of a shame. That said, it is equipped well enough and i enjoy the fine combination of luxury and sport (i've never seen a full sized 4 door saloon take an off ramp at 110/kph with almost no body roll!! :) I also like the full gauge cluster with volt and oil pressure, and of course all in Pontiac red lighting. I also love the styling; the definitive Bonneville tail lights and the actual word "Bonneville" etched into the plastic on the driver's headlight are all great touches!

Suggested Improvements

I wish they used a different system for lighting everything... it's all done by these little light bulbs, not led's so the display in the radio is very dim since 2 of the 3 lights that brighten it are blown as well, the button on the steering wheel for the radio on the left side are shorting; they only light up when they are really cold, like -15 or lower. i'm just worried i am going to lose more lights in the future. Also, i have the traditional Bonneville Steering shaft "clunk" (look it up) it's not hurting anything, but it can be annoying at times. it also attracts A LOT of snow in the wheel wells in the winter, i've never seen a car that holds this much snow up there