Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the greatest cars (and maybe the best engine) GM produces. I have 249,305 miles on it as of this morning and you couldn't ask for a better reliability report. That isn't to say I have never replaced anything on this car. I have. But it has the original "Big Ticket" items. No need to replace the trans or engine. Breaks, tires, oil filters. Almost as good as my 96 Bonnie with 309,000 miles. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Favorite Features

Fuel. I still get 17-18/26. Not bad at all for an old car with a LOT of miles. Radio with CD is great so is controls on wheel. Wife likes warmer temp than me so that works great.

Suggested Improvements

Would like compass and MPG settings. (comes later) Would like more power on the heating and cooling fan. Never seemed to push the air as much as I wanted. Defog seems to take forever. Seat should have rear power with base. But a great car...

Solid Value for the Money
By sclass_benz

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 Bonneville for 10 months now and have been very pleased. It always starts easily and runs strong. Being a previous Honda owner, I had some concerns about squeaks and rattles showing up in a GM product, but I've been pleasantly surprized, the ride is nice and quiet and there are no rattles. I am averaging 22+ miles per gallon (city/hwy combined) and there is definitely plenty of power. Only complaint is that a remote trunk release was an option that I don't have, so you have to turn off the motor, then use the key to open the trunk. Highly recommended and a great value.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Get an aftermarket keyless entry/trunk release.

Proud Owner
By Scooter

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is an overall beautiful car. Pontiac has built a keeper, once again. The powered leather seats, and leather steering wheel, dual climate zone, and sleek dash really set the interior off. The way the headlights and fog lamps are designed are harmonious. The car is astonishing in day or night. I wouldn't trade it back for my old Camaro, if I had to!

Favorite Features

The roomy interior, with leather everywhere. Safety features, like driver and passenger airbags, along with side-impact airbags, and alarm system. Needless to say, I love my car!

Suggested Improvements

Supercharged versions standard, with a V8 in the SSEI versions. Chrome 17" rims stock. Get rid of the Bose sound system...

Great Looking Full Size
By PNA 14

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I love the car for its great looks and full size features, yet it's still nimble handling and decent power. Also, despite its size, I average almost 25 mpg, and I'm not a light pedal pusher either. However, I have had similar issues as other owners. The steering shaft, brake rotors, power windows and flickering lights. I too bought an extended warranty and this helped. However, now that it's out of warranty things could get expensive. The steering and brake rotors are my biggest complaint. However, it is a great looking car, definitely fun to drive for a full size vehicle and thus far, reliability really hasn't been an issue, mostly a few modest annoyances.

Favorite Features

Styling, interior display and lighting, comfort and good handling and good mpg. It also has a nice exhaust sound.

Suggested Improvements

For GM - if you know you have a problem, don't just fix it under warranty -- admit there is a problem and fix it so the customers don't have to pay for it again when the vehicle goes out of warranty.

2000 Bonneville
By jim

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I have used it to travel between WV and FL for 7 years. Excellent gas mileage, reliability and comfort. Absolutely no major problems- no major expenses.