2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Buy a different car before warranty is up
By Brook on 02/11/06 16:30 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new, I loved the inside/outside such a unique car & the heads up~wow!! But immediate problems, dealership gave me the go around & failed at their job, so took it elsewhere and the guys there do try! The car growls at approx. 13 mph in front. the spoiler holds water & leaks into the trunk. The wheel roters have been turned & replaced numerous times. The windows both broke within an hour of each other, $500 a pop to fix, extended warranty a must, now when I turn it/try to turn it over won't start, must turn part way wait 15 secs. before it will start. fuel filter & pump replaced, relay replaced, power steering pump replaced, sounds like crap back to shop, new foreign car!!

Fun, but.......
By Lotsamiles on 01/11/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

We purchased new, now have 94k+. Very fun to drive, good mileage for large car. Reliability has been lousy! Same problems with windows/motors. Had dealer print out repair history; it was 12 pages long. Injectors, tie rod, windows, steering column, and so forth. Afraid to pass on to our daughter! Steering column has to be taken apart and lubed...now at our cost...every 50k miles.

This Car is a Nightmare
By dmh on 11/08/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for two years and it was great at first. Now The passenger side window won't roll up the back window won't roll down, but it falls down. My headlights have started flashing on and off so I can't drive at night. My windshield wipers work intermittently. And my Traction, Anti-Lock, and Brake light all have come on at the same time. My warranty has run out. I took the car to an auto electric shop and he said I would need all four window regulators which are over 300.00 dollars a piece. That's just the beginning. Anybody want to buy a car?

For the dad who still likes excitement
By Snitz on 10/23/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and got a 7/100K warranty that pd for itself. Great mileage and fun to drive. Typical American maintenance. That is why they lose their value quickly. But I knew this going into the deal. No serious problems with car. I think a fifth gear would be nice and a little more grumble from the exhaust. An aftermarket battery should be made available. As of now, you go to the dealership. It is either all or nothing with the stereo system too. Modular aftermarket components would be a nice option for upgrades. The leather is not up to Toyota standards and they do get hot in the summer. More front passenger leg room. The dash lights up like a cockpit (really like that!).

My Bonny
By Cadzilla_53 on 09/25/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 42,000 miles on it. It now has 120,000 miles on it. It has been a great performer, gets great gas mileage (30 mpg highway) and is still very solid and rattle free. The stereo has killer sound. Everything works on it like it was designed to do. Am thinking of buying another one, but this time the GXP.

My 3rd, and most likely last
By Josh Carter on 09/21/05 22:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

No service issues until 40K. Now @ 50K: Transmission, Wheel barings, CV Joints, Tie Rods, Steering rack, Window motor, Dash gauges & lights, Radio, Heated seats, Converter & Exhaust, Rotors, Calipers, Strut mounts, struts, 02 sensors, A/C, mass air flow sensor, injectors and some other engine parts. Now the supercharger is dying, and there is a strong vibration during acceleration that no dealerships can seem to figure out. Also, the car is rusting in spots.

2000 Pontiac boneville
By PAM AMATO on 08/12/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Lots of problems with this car. Window motors keep failing, ac went out, transmission problems. Looks good, put poor quality mechanical devices

Looks and drives better then built
By Michael02pb on 08/06/05 18:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy the design of the car, it is a very sporty for a full size car. It handles and accelerates with great ease. However I spend more on repairs then what I acutally spend on the car payment

Fun to Drive, but has mechanical issues
By RPM on 07/30/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this "used" car in March 2005. Very sharp and sporty looking car and very fun to drive. Plenty of power. Fully loaded, has all the bells and whistles that the SSEI has, but without the supecharged engine. But since we've bought this car, it had to go back to the garage 4 times now for minor, but annoying mechanical issues that shouldn't be happening on a 5 year old car. Now it has a water leak on the rear passenger floor. The wife really loves this car, but I wish we had waited and bought a Monte Carlo SS.

roberto
By roberto9088 on 05/25/05 09:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Engine and transmission very good, very good handing. Interior materials very cheap, the seats are horrible and very unconfortable. The body paint need to be improved the quality. The rust is coming out already. I changed two of the four electric motor windows already.