Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

built for the road
By gary mcgaffic

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

Great road handling ability, stabilitrak is fantastic but scary at first. Heads up display is great, day or night. The under side of the suspension system is built like a tank, extremely rugged. I get over 26 mpg on the highway which is great for a supercharged car of this size. As of 08/14/09 only 51,000 mile on it. Sill looks new...

Heads up display, heated seats, stabilitrak, magnasteer, traction control, supercharged engine, electronic level control, tire pressure monitor, Bose sound system, trunk accessory kit with tire inflation kit..

The good and the bad
By BCORTIS

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Overall I love my Bonneville! I love the way it handles. Lots of room for taller people like myself. Gas mileage is good for the size of the car. The engine has been reliable, The main problem I've had with this car is the windows! I have to replace both regulators in the back doors and the front passenger motor seems very sluggish. Some rusting right on the edge of the front hood not sure if that's normal for this model. I did have to have the trunk lock cylinder taken out and unjammed/cleaned. Of course brakes and rotors seem to wear quicker than normal. I also tried to convert radio/cassette to CD but couldn't because of factory settings. Otherwise I absolutely love my Bonneville.

Comfort, spacious, handling, very smooth ride, reliable running, looks, gas mileage

#1 complaint better quality windows/mechanisms. Braking system, trunk release button, cassettes were even old in 2000. Put in CD players.

Third Bonneville
By cap

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this Bonneville after owning a 1994 and a 1997. I enjoyed both prior cars for their gas mileage, size, and durability. This one has me worried, as I have already replaced both rear window regulators. I did find them online for $50 apiece, so it didn't hurt too bad. After reading other reviews, I am concerned about the steering and rotors. I plan to replace the front rotor soon. I would really like to find a decent repair manual, but can't locate one. I changed the wires and plugs, and it took three hours because of the back three cylinders. I hope this one works as well as the other two. I'll just have to wait and see.

The styling and gas mileage.

The ride is too bumpy. It is not as roomy as the older ones.

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was my third Bonnie after driving my `96 to 309,500 miles we decided to get another. I won't hit that on this one not because it won't go, but because I for what ever reason didn't drive as much. My wife drives them the first 4 years then I take them over. My `04 is coming to me to drive the heck out of it. It is well worth the money and quality is great. I am sad they don't make them anymore. I think I will have to buy a Buick now.

I love the controls on the steering wheel. MPG are very good for a car of it's size and speed. Duel zone climate control is a plus when driving with one's wife in the summer.

I have some paint flakes on the hood. Also a little bubbling now of the paint around the gas tank. I understand it took 8 years and 260,000 miles to get it but still not pleased about it.

I love my car!
By ItsmybabydaBonnevile

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had plenty of cars. By far this is the best one. I have a black one with tan leather seats and she rides like a dream. Great on gas but only thing is I've had problems with the back rear left side window. The gas hand floats real bad. Other than that she is perfect. I highly suggest anyone buy one.

Everything but tiny problems (i.e drink holders)

Larger cup holders light behind clock on radio needs to be brighter longer warranties don't stop making Bonnevilles!