2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Great Car
By JP on 04/24/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the greatest cars (and maybe the best engine) GM produces. I have 249,305 miles on it as of this morning and you couldn't ask for a better reliability report. That isn't to say I have never replaced anything on this car. I have. But it has the original "Big Ticket" items. No need to replace the trans or engine. Breaks, tires, oil filters. Almost as good as my 96 Bonnie with 309,000 miles. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Solid Value for the Money
By sclass_benz on 12/20/07 08:21 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 Bonneville for 10 months now and have been very pleased. It always starts easily and runs strong. Being a previous Honda owner, I had some concerns about squeaks and rattles showing up in a GM product, but I've been pleasantly surprized, the ride is nice and quiet and there are no rattles. I am averaging 22+ miles per gallon (city/hwy combined) and there is definitely plenty of power. Only complaint is that a remote trunk release was an option that I don't have, so you have to turn off the motor, then use the key to open the trunk. Highly recommended and a great value.

Proud Owner
By Scooter on 08/19/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is an overall beautiful car. Pontiac has built a keeper, once again. The powered leather seats, and leather steering wheel, dual climate zone, and sleek dash really set the interior off. The way the headlights and fog lamps are designed are harmonious. The car is astonishing in day or night. I wouldn't trade it back for my old Camaro, if I had to!

Great Looking Full Size
By PNA 14 on 08/16/07 08:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I love the car for its great looks and full size features, yet it's still nimble handling and decent power. Also, despite its size, I average almost 25 mpg, and I'm not a light pedal pusher either. However, I have had similar issues as other owners. The steering shaft, brake rotors, power windows and flickering lights. I too bought an extended warranty and this helped. However, now that it's out of warranty things could get expensive. The steering and brake rotors are my biggest complaint. However, it is a great looking car, definitely fun to drive for a full size vehicle and thus far, reliability really hasn't been an issue, mostly a few modest annoyances.

2000 Bonneville
By jim on 07/02/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I have used it to travel between WV and FL for 7 years. Excellent gas mileage, reliability and comfort. Absolutely no major problems- no major expenses.

My 2000 Bonniville
By cmorgan429 on 06/22/07 16:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This has been one of the best cars I have ever had. No mechanical problems in seven years except for a rear power window malfunction while under warranty. Great fuel mileage for a full sized car with the 3.8 V6. On trips I always get near or above 30mpg on the highway on regular fuel. Good power and smooth ride. Comfortable seating for my 6ft 4in frame. I only wish they still made them so I could get another new one.

OK , But not great!
By SeniorSooner on 12/28/06 09:18 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle new. Replaced water pump at 17000 mi, replaced ABS system at 38000 mi. Replaced tie rod ends, brakes at 52,000 mi. Replaced right rear window power motor about 55,000 mi. Radio has a mind of its own sometimes. Steering column continuously makes clunking noise when turning. GM says it needs to be serviced, but OK/safe to drive with the noise. Overall, I've spent less than $2000 out of pocket in 6 years. Engine and transmission seems to be the best part of this vehicle.

Jeff's 6 year itch
By Jeff's 6 year itch on 09/17/06 04:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

New 2 year old with 32k in 2002. 2 mnths later trans went. Dealer replaced at their cost, but forgot a few bolts during the repair. Yup fluids all over the engine and driveway. Rear window came off the track 2x's. Sunroof was completely replaced(glass and all) because of wind noise. Wonderful steering noise started just after 39k miles(sorry warranty done). After that my ignition key doesn't always want to turn (happens to both of my keys), and leaves the million dollar question- will it start today. 2 alternators later and 4 weeks after the last one car died again. To make if even better it was on my Birth Day (9/16). I only have 57k miles on a 6yr old car-why I ask do I have so many issues.

Pre-Retirement Thrill
By slnews on 06/03/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

In my search for a comfortable, roomy car for a big and tall person like myself, the Bonneville was last on my short list. After driving it, I had to have it! Deceivingly roomy, yet drives and performs outstandingly. The creature features are just enough to pamper me but not too much to spoil me. I'd rather have a responsive "big" car in today's deteriorating roads, jam packed with inattentive (aka cell phone handicapped) drivers. The 3.8 liter V6 is the perfect bridge between typical 3.5's and less that cars around this weight class usually get, and the gas guzzling V8's. I don't know if it's on purpose, but Pontiac dual exhausts have always "growled", which you won't hear in a Buick!

Excellent Fun Vehicle
By David Craig on 06/01/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a dream - love to take it on curvy roads. The power is awesome and has great fuel economy when driving normally. Get lots of compliments on the exterior still (2006). Like that there are very few of these on the road and it has outrun anything I have raced against. The interior is very roomy and comfy. Love the dash and lighting design.