Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

The good and the bad
By BCORTIS

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Overall I love my Bonneville! I love the way it handles. Lots of room for taller people like myself. Gas mileage is good for the size of the car. The engine has been reliable, The main problem I've had with this car is the windows! I have to replace both regulators in the back doors and the front passenger motor seems very sluggish. Some rusting right on the edge of the front hood not sure if that's normal for this model. I did have to have the trunk lock cylinder taken out and unjammed/cleaned. Of course brakes and rotors seem to wear quicker than normal. I also tried to convert radio/cassette to CD but couldn't because of factory settings. Otherwise I absolutely love my Bonneville.

Favorite Features

Comfort, spacious, handling, very smooth ride, reliable running, looks, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

#1 complaint better quality windows/mechanisms. Braking system, trunk release button, cassettes were even old in 2000. Put in CD players.

Third Bonneville
By cap

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this Bonneville after owning a 1994 and a 1997. I enjoyed both prior cars for their gas mileage, size, and durability. This one has me worried, as I have already replaced both rear window regulators. I did find them online for $50 apiece, so it didn't hurt too bad. After reading other reviews, I am concerned about the steering and rotors. I plan to replace the front rotor soon. I would really like to find a decent repair manual, but can't locate one. I changed the wires and plugs, and it took three hours because of the back three cylinders. I hope this one works as well as the other two. I'll just have to wait and see.

Favorite Features

The styling and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The ride is too bumpy. It is not as roomy as the older ones.

Great Car
By JP

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This was my third Bonnie after driving my `96 to 309,500 miles we decided to get another. I won't hit that on this one not because it won't go, but because I for what ever reason didn't drive as much. My wife drives them the first 4 years then I take them over. My `04 is coming to me to drive the heck out of it. It is well worth the money and quality is great. I am sad they don't make them anymore. I think I will have to buy a Buick now.

Favorite Features

I love the controls on the steering wheel. MPG are very good for a car of it's size and speed. Duel zone climate control is a plus when driving with one's wife in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

I have some paint flakes on the hood. Also a little bubbling now of the paint around the gas tank. I understand it took 8 years and 260,000 miles to get it but still not pleased about it.

I love my car!
By ItsmybabydaBonnevile

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I have had plenty of cars. By far this is the best one. I have a black one with tan leather seats and she rides like a dream. Great on gas but only thing is I've had problems with the back rear left side window. The gas hand floats real bad. Other than that she is perfect. I highly suggest anyone buy one.

Favorite Features

Everything but tiny problems (i.e drink holders)

Suggested Improvements

Larger cup holders light behind clock on radio needs to be brighter longer warranties don't stop making Bonnevilles!

Surprisingly Great Car
By sgrabin

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Last year we had just sold a vehicle and needed a "new" family car pretty quickly and at a reasonable price. Our prior car was an Accord, so I was wary about buying a GM product for quality reasons. Found our Bonneville with only 42K miles so I thought/hoped we wouldn't have any problems. We've been very pleasantly surprised after 1.5 years. The Bonneville is always reliable, runs smooth and powerful, and still has no squeaks or rattles at 59K miles now. MPG averages 24, mixed city and hwy, which is great for such a roomy car. Only weird thing is that GM did not put a remote trunk release in this car, so you have to use the key. I really recommend as a used car.

Favorite Features

plenty of power, very reliable

Suggested Improvements

needs a remote trunk release