2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Best Car I have owned
By otax on 10/09/14 00:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Bonne SSEi in dark red with about 97K miles on it. It still is an excellent car a lot of fun to drive. It performs like it was still new. If I were to ever fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be the one.

A cut above for those who settle for no less
By pontibonnie on 01/07/14 23:28 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan

This is a pretty great car, although i have had for a short time only. I bought it in Nov/2013 with 95,000km (57,000mi) it was completely rust free and fit the price, It needed new air ride shocks in the back, but other then that it was practically new. In the 2 months i have owned it, it has performed well, although the passenger rear door lock has stopped working, otherwise though nothing has broken. it does have it's issues, sure, what car doesn't. however, i think it is a great machine for a great price these days and i really am thrilled with my purchase and i encourage anyone looking for a fun, reliable cool looking car to not pass up the 2000-2005 Bonneville's, they're great :)

2000 Bonneville
By thargarther on 09/24/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love the car but it has been a little bit of a money pit. I hate how it rust right under the gas cap and on the hood. The front end is clunking and I can not figure out why. Every time i accelerate kinda hard it starts to shake up front and it feels unsafe. The gas gauge is messed up, every time it gets bellow half, it goes to full.

We got the lemon
By Pink Arzora on 01/30/10 06:50 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

I've had many Bonne's & they've gone forever, but this one was a complete $$ pit. In 11 months and a total $7000 investment it sits in a junk yard. The ignition locked up, the gas gauge didn't work, the catalytic rattled, the struts - shot, the sunroof broke & leaked, the window motors were failing, and after 500 into trans to save it - still slipping, and then 700 into engine for it to throw a rod. It hurt to see such a beautiful car that we babied to go to sh*t. It had 129K when we bought it, Bose/Onstar/SuperCharge/Tinted/Leather - thought would be our reliable car, but my 94 Bonne turned out to live longer and WAY more reliable.

built for the road
By gary mcgaffic on 08/15/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSEi 4dr Sedan

Great road handling ability, stabilitrak is fantastic but scary at first. Heads up display is great, day or night. The under side of the suspension system is built like a tank, extremely rugged. I get over 26 mpg on the highway which is great for a supercharged car of this size. As of 08/14/09 only 51,000 mile on it. Sill looks new...

The good and the bad
By BCORTIS on 02/12/09 10:58 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Overall I love my Bonneville! I love the way it handles. Lots of room for taller people like myself. Gas mileage is good for the size of the car. The engine has been reliable, The main problem I've had with this car is the windows! I have to replace both regulators in the back doors and the front passenger motor seems very sluggish. Some rusting right on the edge of the front hood not sure if that's normal for this model. I did have to have the trunk lock cylinder taken out and unjammed/cleaned. Of course brakes and rotors seem to wear quicker than normal. I also tried to convert radio/cassette to CD but couldn't because of factory settings. Otherwise I absolutely love my Bonneville.

Third Bonneville
By cap on 10/06/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just purchased this Bonneville after owning a 1994 and a 1997. I enjoyed both prior cars for their gas mileage, size, and durability. This one has me worried, as I have already replaced both rear window regulators. I did find them online for $50 apiece, so it didn't hurt too bad. After reading other reviews, I am concerned about the steering and rotors. I plan to replace the front rotor soon. I would really like to find a decent repair manual, but can't locate one. I changed the wires and plugs, and it took three hours because of the back three cylinders. I hope this one works as well as the other two. I'll just have to wait and see.

Great Car
By JP on 08/13/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was my third Bonnie after driving my `96 to 309,500 miles we decided to get another. I won't hit that on this one not because it won't go, but because I for what ever reason didn't drive as much. My wife drives them the first 4 years then I take them over. My `04 is coming to me to drive the heck out of it. It is well worth the money and quality is great. I am sad they don't make them anymore. I think I will have to buy a Buick now.

I love my car!
By ItsmybabydaBonnevile on 07/06/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have had plenty of cars. By far this is the best one. I have a black one with tan leather seats and she rides like a dream. Great on gas but only thing is I've had problems with the back rear left side window. The gas hand floats real bad. Other than that she is perfect. I highly suggest anyone buy one.

Surprisingly Great Car
By sgrabin on 06/25/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Last year we had just sold a vehicle and needed a "new" family car pretty quickly and at a reasonable price. Our prior car was an Accord, so I was wary about buying a GM product for quality reasons. Found our Bonneville with only 42K miles so I thought/hoped we wouldn't have any problems. We've been very pleasantly surprised after 1.5 years. The Bonneville is always reliable, runs smooth and powerful, and still has no squeaks or rattles at 59K miles now. MPG averages 24, mixed city and hwy, which is great for such a roomy car. Only weird thing is that GM did not put a remote trunk release in this car, so you have to use the key. I really recommend as a used car.