2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Best Car I have owned
By otax on 10/09/14 00:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Bonne SSEi in dark red with about 97K miles on it. It still is an excellent car a lot of fun to drive. It performs like it was still new. If I were to ever fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be the one.

We got the lemon
By Pink Arzora on 01/30/10 06:50 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I've had many Bonne's & they've gone forever, but this one was a complete $$ pit. In 11 months and a total $7000 investment it sits in a junk yard. The ignition locked up, the gas gauge didn't work, the catalytic rattled, the struts - shot, the sunroof broke & leaked, the window motors were failing, and after 500 into trans to save it - still slipping, and then 700 into engine for it to throw a rod. It hurt to see such a beautiful car that we babied to go to sh*t. It had 129K when we bought it, Bose/Onstar/SuperCharge/Tinted/Leather - thought would be our reliable car, but my 94 Bonne turned out to live longer and WAY more reliable.

built for the road
By gary mcgaffic on 08/15/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Great road handling ability, stabilitrak is fantastic but scary at first. Heads up display is great, day or night. The under side of the suspension system is built like a tank, extremely rugged. I get over 26 mpg on the highway which is great for a supercharged car of this size. As of 08/14/09 only 51,000 mile on it. Sill looks new...

Excellent Fun Vehicle
By David Craig on 06/01/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a dream - love to take it on curvy roads. The power is awesome and has great fuel economy when driving normally. Get lots of compliments on the exterior still (2006). Like that there are very few of these on the road and it has outrun anything I have raced against. The interior is very roomy and comfy. Love the dash and lighting design.

Buy a different car before warranty is up
By Brook on 02/11/06 16:30 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new, I loved the inside/outside such a unique car & the heads up~wow!! But immediate problems, dealership gave me the go around & failed at their job, so took it elsewhere and the guys there do try! The car growls at approx. 13 mph in front. the spoiler holds water & leaks into the trunk. The wheel roters have been turned & replaced numerous times. The windows both broke within an hour of each other, $500 a pop to fix, extended warranty a must, now when I turn it/try to turn it over won't start, must turn part way wait 15 secs. before it will start. fuel filter & pump replaced, relay replaced, power steering pump replaced, sounds like crap back to shop, new foreign car!!

For the dad who still likes excitement
By Snitz on 10/23/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and got a 7/100K warranty that pd for itself. Great mileage and fun to drive. Typical American maintenance. That is why they lose their value quickly. But I knew this going into the deal. No serious problems with car. I think a fifth gear would be nice and a little more grumble from the exhaust. An aftermarket battery should be made available. As of now, you go to the dealership. It is either all or nothing with the stereo system too. Modular aftermarket components would be a nice option for upgrades. The leather is not up to Toyota standards and they do get hot in the summer. More front passenger leg room. The dash lights up like a cockpit (really like that!).

My 3rd, and most likely last
By Josh Carter on 09/21/05 22:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

No service issues until 40K. Now @ 50K: Transmission, Wheel barings, CV Joints, Tie Rods, Steering rack, Window motor, Dash gauges & lights, Radio, Heated seats, Converter & Exhaust, Rotors, Calipers, Strut mounts, struts, 02 sensors, A/C, mass air flow sensor, injectors and some other engine parts. Now the supercharger is dying, and there is a strong vibration during acceleration that no dealerships can seem to figure out. Also, the car is rusting in spots.

my first but not my last bonneville
By rshaw on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

bought in 2003 with 17000 miles; great car; need time to understand all the bells & whistles. got extended warranty thrown in by the dealer; good thing, it didn't cost me a dime to have rear window motor replaced. would definitely buy another.

Sweet ride for a great price
By SteveG2000 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Found one of these with low mileage, and I feel like I paid twice as much, this is a great car.. The outside design has hardly changed in four years so it still looks like a brand new car.

Must have been a monday car
By wanna import edition on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Where to start... driving home from the dealer suspension was knocking - turned out to be broken bolt. Engine kept stalling while driving - bad crank sensor (towed 3 times before diagnosed) Engine soft plugs poped while driving Steering column was replaced twice. Door panel replaced twice Seatbelt mechanism rattled and squeaked. Transmission failed after 38 months and 27000 miles. Now exhaust flange has cracked (no impact marks per dealer - it just failed) Dealer and GM have been great in fixing the clunker - it just my time that is wasted and nerves that are being wracked.