Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Best Car I have owned
By otax

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Bonne SSEi in dark red with about 97K miles on it. It still is an excellent car a lot of fun to drive. It performs like it was still new. If I were to ever fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be the one.

There are many: Comfort, handling, sound system, turbo (or is that under handling). I think my favorite is the responsiveness of the turbo followed closely by the sound system and the comfort of the seats. When you drive it on the freeway, it stays glued to the road just like a sports car but still providing excellent comfort. Its ride is not for everyone (perhaps a little stiff for some) but for me it is perfect. If you stomp on the gas, you need to be alert in order to keep it in the lane -- the torque through the front wheels is that powerful. If you have not yet guessed, I really kind of like the car and will be distressed when I must replace her.

None at all.

We got the lemon
By Pink Arzora

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I've had many Bonne's & they've gone forever, but this one was a complete $$ pit. In 11 months and a total $7000 investment it sits in a junk yard. The ignition locked up, the gas gauge didn't work, the catalytic rattled, the struts - shot, the sunroof broke & leaked, the window motors were failing, and after 500 into trans to save it - still slipping, and then 700 into engine for it to throw a rod. It hurt to see such a beautiful car that we babied to go to sh*t. It had 129K when we bought it, Bose/Onstar/SuperCharge/Tinted/Leather - thought would be our reliable car, but my 94 Bonne turned out to live longer and WAY more reliable.

The seats, roomy interior, can fit a family/kids comfortably, yet not feel like old lady.

Gas mileage was really sad considering. 18-22

built for the road
By gary mcgaffic

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Great road handling ability, stabilitrak is fantastic but scary at first. Heads up display is great, day or night. The under side of the suspension system is built like a tank, extremely rugged. I get over 26 mpg on the highway which is great for a supercharged car of this size. As of 08/14/09 only 51,000 mile on it. Sill looks new...

Heads up display, heated seats, stabilitrak, magnasteer, traction control, supercharged engine, electronic level control, tire pressure monitor, Bose sound system, trunk accessory kit with tire inflation kit..

Excellent Fun Vehicle
By David Craig

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car handles like a dream - love to take it on curvy roads. The power is awesome and has great fuel economy when driving normally. Get lots of compliments on the exterior still (2006). Like that there are very few of these on the road and it has outrun anything I have raced against. The interior is very roomy and comfy. Love the dash and lighting design.

The exterior look, Bose sound system, large car comfort.

Should have a recall on the steering problem. Everyone I know who owns this car has had it replaced at least once.

Buy a different car before warranty is up
By Brook

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new, I loved the inside/outside such a unique car & the heads up~wow!! But immediate problems, dealership gave me the go around & failed at their job, so took it elsewhere and the guys there do try! The car growls at approx. 13 mph in front. the spoiler holds water & leaks into the trunk. The wheel roters have been turned & replaced numerous times. The windows both broke within an hour of each other, $500 a pop to fix, extended warranty a must, now when I turn it/try to turn it over won't start, must turn part way wait 15 secs. before it will start. fuel filter & pump replaced, relay replaced, power steering pump replaced, sounds like crap back to shop, new foreign car!!

HEAD'S UP!!!! Wow!! Wow!! Great car, until around 30K!

Fix these problems and make it run!!! Better quality equipment means for better sales, now I am buying a foreign car, tired of cars only lasting through basic warranty!!