Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

I'm curious
By Adam trainer

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Obviously make sure nothing is wrong with it before you buy it .I knew better or atleast I thought .I was in too big of a hurry .paid 950 for it I overpaid the last few owners didn't take care of nothing .And these guys are saying it worth well over a thousand in the worst condition.even though it barely gets up to any speed now .cant be too good to be true.im gonna have to check elsewhere. . Do some more diggin.

Good Car for Families and New Drivers
By Edwin U

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

The problem with this car is that so many things break. The transmission. Some of the belts. Sound system. Inside ceiling fabric falling down. Door panels coming loose. All 4 windows broke. The back 2 broke 2-3 times each (Went down and stayed down). Some of the wiring is off. But in all, the car handles pretty well. And since I am a new driver, it was an easy car because we've had the car for over 11 years, and I am used to the feel of how it rides. But try to avoid pot holes because they can shut the car off.

I loved my bonneville
By jfranks83

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

but I bought mine with 140,000 miles on it and it would shut down all the time and even got to the point where it would shut down for hours then just start back up. Took a while but figured out it was the crank sensor, but also within having the car a week I had to replace, front struts, back shocks,both control arms, both sway bars, latterall links in the back, the fuel pump, and the ignition. This car was beautiful but it killed me money wise. Also rack and pinion was bad and was going to change it only to find out the rear end was rusted to the point that only the floor boards were holding it together!I bought another and also has the same front shake, anybody know why?Also window prob.

This car is beautiful, I love the inside and the design of the whole car in general. They ride very nice before they start the bonneville death shake, that they all seem to have!

I wish they did not rust so easily, and they could use improvements on how everything goes bad after they hit 100,000 miles. I really would like to know what is causing it to shake so I can fix it. If anyone has answers please help. Thank you

Best Car I have owned
By otax

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Bonne SSEi in dark red with about 97K miles on it. It still is an excellent car a lot of fun to drive. It performs like it was still new. If I were to ever fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be the one.

There are many: Comfort, handling, sound system, turbo (or is that under handling). I think my favorite is the responsiveness of the turbo followed closely by the sound system and the comfort of the seats. When you drive it on the freeway, it stays glued to the road just like a sports car but still providing excellent comfort. Its ride is not for everyone (perhaps a little stiff for some) but for me it is perfect. If you stomp on the gas, you need to be alert in order to keep it in the lane -- the torque through the front wheels is that powerful. If you have not yet guessed, I really kind of like the car and will be distressed when I must replace her.

None at all.

A cut above for those who settle for no less
By pontibonnie

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

This is a pretty great car, although i have had for a short time only. I bought it in Nov/2013 with 95,000km (57,000mi) it was completely rust free and fit the price, It needed new air ride shocks in the back, but other then that it was practically new. In the 2 months i have owned it, it has performed well, although the passenger rear door lock has stopped working, otherwise though nothing has broken. it does have it's issues, sure, what car doesn't. however, i think it is a great machine for a great price these days and i really am thrilled with my purchase and i encourage anyone looking for a fun, reliable cool looking car to not pass up the 2000-2005 Bonneville's, they're great :)

I have the SLE model, so it has leather seats, dual-zone climate control with temp. display and steering wheel radio controls. However the sunroof, HUD, driver info centre and heated seats are absent, which is a bit of a shame. That said, it is equipped well enough and i enjoy the fine combination of luxury and sport (i've never seen a full sized 4 door saloon take an off ramp at 110/kph with almost no body roll!! :) I also like the full gauge cluster with volt and oil pressure, and of course all in Pontiac red lighting. I also love the styling; the definitive Bonneville tail lights and the actual word "Bonneville" etched into the plastic on the driver's headlight are all great touches!

I wish they used a different system for lighting everything... it's all done by these little light bulbs, not led's so the display in the radio is very dim since 2 of the 3 lights that brighten it are blown as well, the button on the steering wheel for the radio on the left side are shorting; they only light up when they are really cold, like -15 or lower. i'm just worried i am going to lose more lights in the future. Also, i have the traditional Bonneville Steering shaft "clunk" (look it up) it's not hurting anything, but it can be annoying at times. it also attracts A LOT of snow in the wheel wells in the winter, i've never seen a car that holds this much snow up there