Used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Best Car I have owned
By otax

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Bonne SSEi in dark red with about 97K miles on it. It still is an excellent car a lot of fun to drive. It performs like it was still new. If I were to ever fall in love with an inanimate object, this would be the one.

Favorite Features

There are many: Comfort, handling, sound system, turbo (or is that under handling). I think my favorite is the responsiveness of the turbo followed closely by the sound system and the comfort of the seats. When you drive it on the freeway, it stays glued to the road just like a sports car but still providing excellent comfort. Its ride is not for everyone (perhaps a little stiff for some) but for me it is perfect. If you stomp on the gas, you need to be alert in order to keep it in the lane -- the torque through the front wheels is that powerful. If you have not yet guessed, I really kind of like the car and will be distressed when I must replace her.

Suggested Improvements

None at all.

A cut above for those who settle for no less
By pontibonnie

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

This is a pretty great car, although i have had for a short time only. I bought it in Nov/2013 with 95,000km (57,000mi) it was completely rust free and fit the price, It needed new air ride shocks in the back, but other then that it was practically new. In the 2 months i have owned it, it has performed well, although the passenger rear door lock has stopped working, otherwise though nothing has broken. it does have it's issues, sure, what car doesn't. however, i think it is a great machine for a great price these days and i really am thrilled with my purchase and i encourage anyone looking for a fun, reliable cool looking car to not pass up the 2000-2005 Bonneville's, they're great :)

Favorite Features

I have the SLE model, so it has leather seats, dual-zone climate control with temp. display and steering wheel radio controls. However the sunroof, HUD, driver info centre and heated seats are absent, which is a bit of a shame. That said, it is equipped well enough and i enjoy the fine combination of luxury and sport (i've never seen a full sized 4 door saloon take an off ramp at 110/kph with almost no body roll!! :) I also like the full gauge cluster with volt and oil pressure, and of course all in Pontiac red lighting. I also love the styling; the definitive Bonneville tail lights and the actual word "Bonneville" etched into the plastic on the driver's headlight are all great touches!

Suggested Improvements

I wish they used a different system for lighting everything... it's all done by these little light bulbs, not led's so the display in the radio is very dim since 2 of the 3 lights that brighten it are blown as well, the button on the steering wheel for the radio on the left side are shorting; they only light up when they are really cold, like -15 or lower. i'm just worried i am going to lose more lights in the future. Also, i have the traditional Bonneville Steering shaft "clunk" (look it up) it's not hurting anything, but it can be annoying at times. it also attracts A LOT of snow in the wheel wells in the winter, i've never seen a car that holds this much snow up there

2000 Bonneville
By thargarther

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love the car but it has been a little bit of a money pit. I hate how it rust right under the gas cap and on the hood. The front end is clunking and I can not figure out why. Every time i accelerate kinda hard it starts to shake up front and it feels unsafe. The gas gauge is messed up, every time it gets bellow half, it goes to full.

Favorite Features

I like the size of the car

Suggested Improvements

Fix the clunking in the front, cup holders need a different design

We got the lemon
By Pink Arzora

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I've had many Bonne's & they've gone forever, but this one was a complete $$ pit. In 11 months and a total $7000 investment it sits in a junk yard. The ignition locked up, the gas gauge didn't work, the catalytic rattled, the struts - shot, the sunroof broke & leaked, the window motors were failing, and after 500 into trans to save it - still slipping, and then 700 into engine for it to throw a rod. It hurt to see such a beautiful car that we babied to go to sh*t. It had 129K when we bought it, Bose/Onstar/SuperCharge/Tinted/Leather - thought would be our reliable car, but my 94 Bonne turned out to live longer and WAY more reliable.

Favorite Features

The seats, roomy interior, can fit a family/kids comfortably, yet not feel like old lady.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage was really sad considering. 18-22

built for the road
By gary mcgaffic

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Great road handling ability, stabilitrak is fantastic but scary at first. Heads up display is great, day or night. The under side of the suspension system is built like a tank, extremely rugged. I get over 26 mpg on the highway which is great for a supercharged car of this size. As of 08/14/09 only 51,000 mile on it. Sill looks new...

Favorite Features

Heads up display, heated seats, stabilitrak, magnasteer, traction control, supercharged engine, electronic level control, tire pressure monitor, Bose sound system, trunk accessory kit with tire inflation kit..