1999 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
First Car
By bonneville99 on 05/06/12 19:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car August 2009 w/ 127k miles as my first car. Now has 145k and still purrs like a kitten. Ride is amazing; like driving on a cross between a couch and a cloud. Power is great - I do a lot of highway driving and this car is way better than my mother's old Stratus. Really nice looking too - paint has held up well for being outside its whole life and the chrome rims make it look really sharp. Seats are very comfortable and the leather has held up really well considering the age. Awesome sound system. Replaced EGR valve and fuel pump, but we expected that one when we bought it (really common on these), but other than that it's only been regular maintenance.

BONNEVILLE OWNERS
By njpontiaclover on 02/17/12 08:20 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle since 2003 the vehicle is very reliable as I have had problems as with any vehicle the biggest problem that these vehicles have are the intakes I have replaced it 2x i have maintained the vehicle very well and it has 170000 and still going I have replaced serveral items as alternator starter struts brakes belts wires hoses ac system I too had the leak problem but solved it as it was the rear wheel well that rotted out and fixed the problem the other leaks could be from sun roof drains that may be plugged up Vehicle has great handling and rides well with nice tires and new struts wish GM never abolished pontiac as no car runs like this

The best car I've ever owned,however,
By godawgs2013 on 02/18/10 13:53 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great except it leaks in the back floor board.When we bought this car we were not aware of the leaks. We have tried to figure out where it is coming from.If you buy this car ask the owners if it has had problems with leaking.

A Keeper until it Dies
By WylieCoyote on 10/30/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1999, with 5,000 miles on it and I knew it would be a keeper. We have had absolutely no serious problems with this vehicle in the 10 years we have owned it. Was considering trading it in until I realized that there was nothing really wrong with it except a leak from someone putting a new front window in badly. That could be fixed, and it would not cost 25,000 like a new vehicle would. I would miss all the room we have in it if I bought a new vehicle. So we will keep her till she just lays down and dies. She is still pretty, fast, clean, and people still notice this type of car. Sorry they are not making any more. A shame indeed.

Solid reliable performer
By chev9644 on 10/13/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car from my dad that he had since it was new. The only repairs done on it have been regular maintenance and recently the mass air flow sensor went bad. I just rolled over 200,000 miles and it still runs and drives great.

The light bright
By Bhart1990 on 08/18/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Bonneville, with 100,300, it now has 107,000 miles on it and since has been pretty solid. Shorty after i bought it wouldn't start, replaced the fuel pump and thinking that was it, turned out to be a air/fuel mix sensor, and haven't had a problem since. knock on wood. I did think the tumbler went out but after some searching i discovered the shifter boot was blocking the park thing from releasing the key. What could have been an expense fix turned out to be nothing. Other than that this car has been fantastic. It hasn't had another problem since, no cursed manifold trouble yet. doesn't really rattle until i hit a bump really hard and even then it's from time to time.

First cr
By Bill88nc on 04/28/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and it is great. I am a Ford fan but this Pontiac is awesome its powerful looks good and is a nice first car.

Great Car
By Bill Paterson on 12/20/07 20:24 PM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2002 with about 30,000 miles. It is a beautiful car. It is very comfortable, handles great, gets very good mileage, and has been very reliable. I have only had to tune it at about 90,000 mi. and nothing else mechanical. I have a friend with an older model with over 200,000 mi. and he has had only had to replace the alternator on his at about 150,000 mi. The only bad thing is that they do not hold their value well. My car is valued at about $3000 but I won't let it go for less than $8000. Looks like I may have to keep it forever!

Bonneville
By djfarren on 01/28/06 09:19 AM (PST)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This was our second Bonneville. The '99 was a big improvement over the '91 which we kept 8 years. We spent very little on it for repairs. We did maintain it as recommended. The ride is a bit stiff, but it has good handling and control in evasive maneuvering. It has good road feel and takes curves and corners extremely well. The seats are very comfortable. We had the optional 60/40 split bench seat and were the only ones of our friends who could take two other couples out to dinner in the same car. We averaged about 25mpg highway (65mph) with the overdrive (auto) transmission. Not shifting into OD would lower gas mileage considerably. We averaged around 20mpg around town.

This bonneville is pleasure to drive
By J.ALLEN on 06/06/05 12:15 PM (PDT)

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2000 with 22,000 miles for 15k. It has been a terrific car. Very roomy and good acceleration. I have had no major issues except the abs light has come on and off since about 35000 miles. I took it to the dealer few times they would reset it and about 2 months later, back on again. I have the brakes regulary checked and no problems . Overall this car has been one the best i have ever had. A great work and family car. I plan on keeping this one for a long time. American cars have had a bad reputation as not being reliable. I belive cars like this bonneville are closing the gap at a price that the average person could afford