Used 1999 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

First Car
By bonneville99

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car August 2009 w/ 127k miles as my first car. Now has 145k and still purrs like a kitten. Ride is amazing; like driving on a cross between a couch and a cloud. Power is great - I do a lot of highway driving and this car is way better than my mother's old Stratus. Really nice looking too - paint has held up well for being outside its whole life and the chrome rims make it look really sharp. Seats are very comfortable and the leather has held up really well considering the age. Awesome sound system. Replaced EGR valve and fuel pump, but we expected that one when we bought it (really common on these), but other than that it's only been regular maintenance.

Gets great gas mileage w/o sacrificing power Has held up really well for 13 years/145k miles Great ride and really sharp, yet classy looking car - drives like a Buick but looks like a high end Pontiac Comfy for long drives Steering wheel audio controls Digital climate control Great sound system Extremely reliable - we bought this used and have only done regular maintenance (besides fuel pump). My father is meticulous about his cars, yet the '02 Dodge Stratus my parents have owned since new has problems every 10K miles Great for someone 6ft1 - lots of legroom/headroom front and back Glass headlights (no fogging) Mean looking front end Very big, safe car yet nimble Storage console on ceiling

Really nothing major - the car is fantastic...just a few little things. Cup holders are weird. The ones in the doors are too large so when you close the door your drink goes flying. The two in the pull down armrest in the back seat are too shallow to hold anything while turning. Fuel pump goes on all of them There was a leak onto the driver's side floor (after windshield was replaced, leak stopped) Plastic is kind of cheap (very brittle ~ can't tell if it's from age or just the way it is) Really nice car!!

BONNEVILLE OWNERS
By njpontiaclover

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this vehicle since 2003 the vehicle is very reliable as I have had problems as with any vehicle the biggest problem that these vehicles have are the intakes I have replaced it 2x i have maintained the vehicle very well and it has 170000 and still going I have replaced serveral items as alternator starter struts brakes belts wires hoses ac system I too had the leak problem but solved it as it was the rear wheel well that rotted out and fixed the problem the other leaks could be from sun roof drains that may be plugged up Vehicle has great handling and rides well with nice tires and new struts wish GM never abolished pontiac as no car runs like this

I like the sun roof, and the seats are comfortable and vehicle is very roomy plus dash is great to have guages for all items. Trunk is very roomy and able to store quite a bit of items in it.

change the antifreeze back to the green instead of the orange as the orange may be to faulting of several replacements of intakes. Vehicle should have hooks installed in rear for child seat as does not come with it but is available thru dealer if needed.

The best car I've ever owned,however,
By godawgs2013

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great except it leaks in the back floor board.When we bought this car we were not aware of the leaks. We have tried to figure out where it is coming from.If you buy this car ask the owners if it has had problems with leaking.

comfort,reliability, and power

fix leaks

A Keeper until it Dies
By WylieCoyote

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in 1999, with 5,000 miles on it and I knew it would be a keeper. We have had absolutely no serious problems with this vehicle in the 10 years we have owned it. Was considering trading it in until I realized that there was nothing really wrong with it except a leak from someone putting a new front window in badly. That could be fixed, and it would not cost 25,000 like a new vehicle would. I would miss all the room we have in it if I bought a new vehicle. So we will keep her till she just lays down and dies. She is still pretty, fast, clean, and people still notice this type of car. Sorry they are not making any more. A shame indeed.

Extra room in front. Lots of leg room in back. Air tight when driving on highway. Very smooth drive. Could put you to sleep.

If they had kept this model or Pontiac itself, they could improve the drink dispensor that broke too easily. I really needed that darn thing.

Solid reliable performer
By chev9644

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car from my dad that he had since it was new. The only repairs done on it have been regular maintenance and recently the mass air flow sensor went bad. I just rolled over 200,000 miles and it still runs and drives great.

power moonroof, 3800 engine.

more cupholders