Great Car
By bflbarlow on
1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan
I bought this car with 155,000 miles on it for a straight $2000 in 2008. I loved my Bonnie, but I was a pretty brutal driver. Although some things broke (lever for high beams, speakers, side mirrors, etc), I'm actually surprised more didn't break under some pretty heavy use. The only engine problem I had was serpentine belt snapping that lead to a few other problems such as a blown radiator and teaked power steering. I took this car to DC and back a few times and had an extremely comfy ride. This car is HUGE and great for moving. Has great pickup and gets to 100 easily. Bad city mpg, but great hwy mpg approaching 28-30mpg (lazy 5th gear). Heavy handling, but fun enough to drive. Great Car.
Favorite Features
Huge!! Lots of room in trunk and back seats! By far more room than any vehicle I've seen. Responsive accel. Highway mpg. Strong engine for some decent towing. Comfortable for long distance driving. Engine Reliability. Really easy to fix for most problems. Only reason it quit was an accident that totaled the car at 190,000 miles. Nothing hinted at it quitting before 200,000 and beyond.
Suggested Improvements
Awkward interior design. Inconsistent durability (some things broke easily, others could take a beating). A little heavy handling. A little tough to park. Turning radius really sucks. Side mirrors don't give and suck to fix. City mpg is terrible. Resale value. Get an independent mechanics opinion since lemons still squeeze through.