Used 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Great car!
By Daniel

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from my boss with 180 thousand mls car ran great for him w/no problems and all I've done is put in a new waterpump and synthetic oil I get 30mpg hwy and I can fly by mustangs and bmws with no ease. The car handles well at any speed and the traction control is quite admirable for the vehicle. Heads up display is great but it takes getting used to driving other cars that dont have it. I couldnt be happier with this car. I hate debating over getting something new even with the "high" mileage. The engine certainly doesn't know it has that kind of mileage on it.

SUPERCHARGER, heads up display, 12 way adjustable power seats, I sink into the interior, very comftorble for long trips, air ride

not a big fan of the wheel styles but they rotate just fine, the back window hangs pretty far over the trunk and it makes it hard to clean off the back deck under the window.

Black 98 SLE
By windowsxp

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Good about of power for a full-sized car. Transmission shifts smooth. Rides very smooth and handles pretty good for a big car. The bucket seats are quite comfy.

Orange lighting for the dashboard at night is very easy on the eyes. Smooth ride.

Put the Fog light control near the highlight control, not on the overhead console

Excellent
By natalie

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Excellent in the snow and very reliable. Even with over 100,000 k miles, it has get up and go.Very roomy for 4 people. Lots of trunk room. Not to many problems, just a few minor ones. The check engine light comes on if the gas cap isn't on right. That can be a nuisance. Other than that, I love this car!

Fold down back seat

SSEi review
By Scott85

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car is alot of fun to drive. It will definatly surprise some people on the road and it really pulls good on the highway. The gas mileage is OK for the supercharged engine, just wish it was a little better. I've only put about 8K on it since buying and the only thing I've had to do to it was to change the plugs & wires(it has 117K on it). The car handles well for how big it is .

Supercharged engine, comfortable leather seats with plently of adjustment, every option available.

Memory/heated seats, get rid of the hinges on the trunk and go to struts (like on the 97-03 Grand Prixs).

Best used car for my money
By Andrew A

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought a '92 Bonneville after meeting a real estate agent who has owned the $60K Corvette, a Lexus, a Mercedes, 2 BMW's, and 2 Bonnevilles (SE and supercharged SSEi). He said that of all of the vehicles he has owned, he likes the Bonneville best. I can see why. He did comment that he preferred the SE for its smoother ride. After the '92 Bonneville I upgraded to a '98 SE. I rented a 2000 once & just didn't like it as much as the '98. I love my '98. I bought an SUV recently & prefer the Bonneville. So far, no mechanical problems in the 35K miles I've had it. I'm no featherfoot on the accelerator, either.

Solid performance, not bad gas mileage, radio controls in steering wheel, comfortable back seats.

I sold my '92 to an in-law. At 210K it now has burned valves, most likely from cheap gas. The driver's seat should raise another inch or two higher than it does. My wife is 5'5" & complains that she feels like the car is "swallowing" her. I'm 5'9" & it feels perfect for me.

• SUV