Used 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

1998 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

My Bonnie
By cecilio perez

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 with 24,625 miles. I now have a little over 36000. Yesterday I was in a small fender- bender. I've got a Dodge Avenger as a rental car. I can't wait for my Bonnie to be fixed. I miss the power, the confort, the instrument panel. Did I mention the comfort? Iv'e gone on a couple trips after I bought it. can not complain abt anything. My wife thinks that I am crazy because now I keep looking for a spare car and guess what I want? When the time comes to get a new car for me, it will be a Pontiac G8 or a 2005 Bonnie GXP. I know I have ways to go because this Bonnie is going to last a while.

Favorite Features

Power. I truly think that either the HP is underrated, or the 2007 Toyota Avalon is overrated (I whoop one at a red light) The 3800 Series II is super. Comfort. Soft ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.

Awesome car
By Bonneville Scott

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My Bonneville has 288,000 miles and it is still going strong! My 96 had 203,000 when I wrecked it. Extremely reliable car that fits my family of 5 comfortably and gets better gas mileage than some of the compact cars its age.

Favorite Features

Extremely reliable V6

Suggested Improvements

I'd prefer bucket seats in mine.

Great
By ryan w

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I feel my '98 has held up better than most cars half it's age. I work at a car dealership and the Bonneville has a much roomier interior than any '06 Impala. The interior is quiet, although less wind noise would be preferable, and The interior had a tenancy to creak and rattle in colder conditions. Overall, this is a good car and I wish more cars were built like this.

Favorite Features

Red Dash Lights, Roomy Interior, Stylish Exterior and Interior

Suggested Improvements

Feweer Creaks and Rattles, Less Wind Noise

Great American Car
By Kevin

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about a year ago from a private party with 70k miles on it. Now have over 90K miles Always liked the style but never owned a Pontiac. Wanted a large car for golf with a somewhat sporty look. The inside leather is luxurious. The response and handling is great with the 3.8 V6. Just a great car. The mileage on trips has never been less that 30 mpg at 70 mph. I have a 95 Lexus ES 300 and a 2006 Corolla S. Both the wife and I enjoy this car as much as either of them. I can only say this vehicle is very well built and an overall great value.

Favorite Features

Inside leather and styling. Seats are very comfortable. Solid build and sound to the car.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad discontinued.

A Reliable Machine
By Wes

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Very few, very minimal issues. Drives better 3 years later than it did when I bought it. 2 thumbs up.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage