Used 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Great car!
By Daniel on 01/25/06 21:13 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from my boss with 180 thousand mls car ran great for him w/no problems and all I've done is put in a new waterpump and synthetic oil I get 30mpg hwy and I can fly by mustangs and bmws with no ease. The car handles well at any speed and the traction control is quite admirable for the vehicle. Heads up display is great but it takes getting used to driving other cars that dont have it. I couldnt be happier with this car. I hate debating over getting something new even with the "high" mileage. The engine certainly doesn't know it has that kind of mileage on it.

Black 98 SLE
By windowsxp on 12/18/05 18:06 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

Good about of power for a full-sized car. Transmission shifts smooth. Rides very smooth and handles pretty good for a big car. The bucket seats are quite comfy.

Excellent
By natalie on 03/04/05 13:44 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. Excellent in the snow and very reliable. Even with over 100,000 k miles, it has get up and go.Very roomy for 4 people. Lots of trunk room. Not to many problems, just a few minor ones. The check engine light comes on if the gas cap isn't on right. That can be a nuisance. Other than that, I love this car!

SSEi review
By Scott85 on 01/16/05 03:37 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This car is alot of fun to drive. It will definatly surprise some people on the road and it really pulls good on the highway. The gas mileage is OK for the supercharged engine, just wish it was a little better. I've only put about 8K on it since buying and the only thing I've had to do to it was to change the plugs & wires(it has 117K on it). The car handles well for how big it is .

Best used car for my money
By Andrew A on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought a '92 Bonneville after meeting a real estate agent who has owned the $60K Corvette, a Lexus, a Mercedes, 2 BMW's, and 2 Bonnevilles (SE and supercharged SSEi). He said that of all of the vehicles he has owned, he likes the Bonneville best. I can see why. He did comment that he preferred the SE for its smoother ride. After the '92 Bonneville I upgraded to a '98 SE. I rented a 2000 once & just didn't like it as much as the '98. I love my '98. I bought an SUV recently & prefer the Bonneville. So far, no mechanical problems in the 35K miles I've had it. I'm no featherfoot on the accelerator, either.

This car rocks!
By ciahra on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Fell in love with this car after reading review in 1995. Bought it used in 2002. Drove 90 mins to find it, and bought it days later. Power is incredible, handling is great after putting high performance tires on, corners well, brakes well, looks sharp. At 70K miles, car runs great. I am a firm believer in manual shifting, but this car has me thinking otherwise. Quick, responsive, comfortable, spacious. Best car I've owned to date. Plan to keep it for a long time.

Nice Reliable transportation
By Pontiac fan on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car based on the positive experience I had with my last Bonneville. I am happy to report that I have put 93K on it & have had to do only routine maintenance :=) I wish it had more cup-holders, and the trunk- spoiler design was better, but overall, I feel I have a good-looking roomy 4 door car that doesn't look like an old lady's car. I use the car like it is my "living room," and it is holding up well. I hope it continues to do so.

I'm spoiled now
By Builtforcomfort on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used. The dealer had purchased it in a Florida auction. The ride is smooth and comfortable, second only to an older Oldsmobile. The wide seats are extremely comfortable, with plenty of room in the back. It came with every option that Pontiac makes for this car, and I've never had any trouble with any of them. I definitely prefer the power of the SSEi - I felt I didn't have quite enough power in the SE.

1998 Bonneville SE
By Canicuss on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I ran into a man who traded his 98 Bonneville for a newer Bonneville and was sorry he had. We both agree it's a reliable car, stylish and fun to drive. I've only invested in routine maintenance and haven't had any problems mechanically and the body is sound.

I'm not alone
By Charlie B on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle because it looked good, had great acceleration, a smooth ride, and comfortable seats. I liked the layout of the interior and the the sound quality of the stereo. Since owning it, I have also had to replace the intake manifold. It caused about $800 worth of damage. And I have a main seal oil leak, too. Aside from this, I still like the car a lot and will consider a newer Bonneville when the time comes to replace this one.