1998 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Project Bonneville
By Trent on 04/12/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from family a year ago, first of three. My first car at seventeen, my Bonneville is one of thirty or forty cars I've drove and I'm beyond happy with it. I underestimated the performance before I owned it; I've ran the car in about twenty races, losing twice- once to a 2004 v8 mustang and a second time to a v6 celica. The cars been modded to be a sleeper and has as much performance add ons as possible without ridding comfort. I love it but am considering a full ssei conversion, or maybe even reinforcing the entire car and putting in a gto or ls1 engine along with new transmission and exhaust layouts. I love this car and am extremely satisfied with it.

My Bonnie
By Cecilio A. Perez on 05/02/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a used car that was comfortable and reliable. I've got it. Responsive, comfortable, nice looking. I want to soup up the performance a little bit by adding aftermarket items like a high performance air filter and a better exhaust.

Warning!
By VincentModrak on 03/17/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago off my Dad and ever since it has been a nightmare. Shutting off randomly at first. Then the water pump blew out in October, $300. One month later my Upper Intake Manifold cracked for a second time in 3 years flooding the engine with coolant causing my starter to blow as well when trying to restart. The Upper Intake Manifolds on these cars are made of cheap plastic. They will crack on your car around 100k to 130k. Its a 1200 dollar repair bill as well. After happily owning a 95 Grand Prix, 94 Trans Am and an 02 Grand Am I was very disappointed by the Bonneville..

150,000 and still willing
By 601Sunset on 02/12/08 16:59 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Bought this because my wife thought it was nice. Then she kept it for herself and wouldn't share except on weekends. Had to much fun with it so I ended up buying her a new car just so I could keep it all to myself. So I just had to make a decision whether to save it's life or DNR but I decided to have the tranny fixed, cost me $3100.00. Call me crazy but I had it fixed, so what's that say about the car. It's been a great affair with it and hopefully it continues once it gets healthy. It's amazing what your willing to do for a loved one.

My Bonnie
By cecilio perez on 10/30/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 with 24,625 miles. I now have a little over 36000. Yesterday I was in a small fender- bender. I've got a Dodge Avenger as a rental car. I can't wait for my Bonnie to be fixed. I miss the power, the confort, the instrument panel. Did I mention the comfort? Iv'e gone on a couple trips after I bought it. can not complain abt anything. My wife thinks that I am crazy because now I keep looking for a spare car and guess what I want? When the time comes to get a new car for me, it will be a Pontiac G8 or a 2005 Bonnie GXP. I know I have ways to go because this Bonnie is going to last a while.

Awesome car
By Bonneville Scott on 01/27/07 12:41 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My Bonneville has 288,000 miles and it is still going strong! My 96 had 203,000 when I wrecked it. Extremely reliable car that fits my family of 5 comfortably and gets better gas mileage than some of the compact cars its age.

Great
By ryan w on 12/07/06 10:24 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I feel my '98 has held up better than most cars half it's age. I work at a car dealership and the Bonneville has a much roomier interior than any '06 Impala. The interior is quiet, although less wind noise would be preferable, and The interior had a tenancy to creak and rattle in colder conditions. Overall, this is a good car and I wish more cars were built like this.

Great American Car
By Kevin on 08/05/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about a year ago from a private party with 70k miles on it. Now have over 90K miles Always liked the style but never owned a Pontiac. Wanted a large car for golf with a somewhat sporty look. The inside leather is luxurious. The response and handling is great with the 3.8 V6. Just a great car. The mileage on trips has never been less that 30 mpg at 70 mph. I have a 95 Lexus ES 300 and a 2006 Corolla S. Both the wife and I enjoy this car as much as either of them. I can only say this vehicle is very well built and an overall great value.

A Reliable Machine
By Wes on 05/22/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Very few, very minimal issues. Drives better 3 years later than it did when I bought it. 2 thumbs up.

Great car!
By Daniel on 01/25/06 21:13 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from my boss with 180 thousand mls car ran great for him w/no problems and all I've done is put in a new waterpump and synthetic oil I get 30mpg hwy and I can fly by mustangs and bmws with no ease. The car handles well at any speed and the traction control is quite admirable for the vehicle. Heads up display is great but it takes getting used to driving other cars that dont have it. I couldnt be happier with this car. I hate debating over getting something new even with the "high" mileage. The engine certainly doesn't know it has that kind of mileage on it.