1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Great Car! I love my Bonneville
By 1998bonnie on 07/05/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 Bonneville SE in 2004 with 76,000 on it, now it has over 143,000. Being that it was sitting on a Chicago used car lot for I don't know how long, I didn't know if it was a good deal or not buying through Ebay. After I got it, I have several things done to it. It's still a good over all great car. In 2011 I had the anti-freeze problem fix with gaskets replaced, upper plenum (Upper air intake) replaced, water pump, radiator, spark plugs, wires, all hoses, all sensors, and starter replaced. Even though nothing was wrong, I still wanted to be safe than sorry. The new radiator sprung a leak and I fixed that with Bar's Leak. I also replaced the stock muffler with a Flowmaster.

Great Car
By bflbarlow on 12/04/11 16:33 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 155,000 miles on it for a straight $2000 in 2008. I loved my Bonnie, but I was a pretty brutal driver. Although some things broke (lever for high beams, speakers, side mirrors, etc), I'm actually surprised more didn't break under some pretty heavy use. The only engine problem I had was serpentine belt snapping that lead to a few other problems such as a blown radiator and teaked power steering. I took this car to DC and back a few times and had an extremely comfy ride. This car is HUGE and great for moving. Has great pickup and gets to 100 easily. Bad city mpg, but great hwy mpg approaching 28-30mpg (lazy 5th gear). Heavy handling, but fun enough to drive. Great Car.

Great Car
By Cassie on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Bonneville with 140,000 miles on it. It now has 158,000. The person I bought it from replaced the transmission and struts. It's a really great car. I had to replace the water pump (really cheap part, and fairly easy to repair). I love driving it. It's been extremely reliable, and it's nice and roomy.

Amazing
By Jared T on 02/06/10 08:50 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for $222 after taxes from my dealership about a year ago. A fillup of chevron gas and a dose of Mystery Oil and she is running like a brand new car with 322,000 miles!!!! Best buy I have ever made. It gets better gas mileage than my 4 cyl camry, and it has more power than any V6 I have ever owned. It runs 90mph without any effort. The ride is smooth and fairly responsive, but it does lack the grip my camry has, which might have somthing to do with the cheap tires it is riding on. Overall I love this car best $222 I have ever spent!

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!
By Feyee on 01/25/10 13:52 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is a fantastic car, drives like a dream, corners well, handles well in ALL weather conditions. Have driven 14+ hours a day, could never do that in most vehicles. Seats are unbelievable comfortable for driver & passengers. Have enjoyed having a sunroof. VERY Reliable, if could would buy the same car over again!!!LOVE IT!!! With over 121,000 miles on it trying to decide to sell or not?? Hate to let it go.

I'll miss this car
By Karl on 08/27/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 44,000 miles on it and will be selling it at over 203,000. This car has provided me with safety (through 2 deer accidents), reliability (only one major engine problem- a gasket recall) and comfort (the a/c went but everything else still works fine). The performance was never top notch but it could more than get out of its own way (and past the occasional highway fool). Some rust here and there but I still walk out, stop and admire the way it looks; the lines of the car never get old. Unfortunately, the signs of old age have arrived all at once. Problems with the gas tank and filler and some big maintenance hurdles. Don't know what to buy now. Too bad GM axed Pontiac.

Project Bonneville
By Trent on 04/12/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from family a year ago, first of three. My first car at seventeen, my Bonneville is one of thirty or forty cars I've drove and I'm beyond happy with it. I underestimated the performance before I owned it; I've ran the car in about twenty races, losing twice- once to a 2004 v8 mustang and a second time to a v6 celica. The cars been modded to be a sleeper and has as much performance add ons as possible without ridding comfort. I love it but am considering a full ssei conversion, or maybe even reinforcing the entire car and putting in a gto or ls1 engine along with new transmission and exhaust layouts. I love this car and am extremely satisfied with it.

My Bonnie
By Cecilio A. Perez on 05/02/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a used car that was comfortable and reliable. I've got it. Responsive, comfortable, nice looking. I want to soup up the performance a little bit by adding aftermarket items like a high performance air filter and a better exhaust.

My Bonnie
By cecilio perez on 10/30/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2007 with 24,625 miles. I now have a little over 36000. Yesterday I was in a small fender- bender. I've got a Dodge Avenger as a rental car. I can't wait for my Bonnie to be fixed. I miss the power, the confort, the instrument panel. Did I mention the comfort? Iv'e gone on a couple trips after I bought it. can not complain abt anything. My wife thinks that I am crazy because now I keep looking for a spare car and guess what I want? When the time comes to get a new car for me, it will be a Pontiac G8 or a 2005 Bonnie GXP. I know I have ways to go because this Bonnie is going to last a while.

Awesome car
By Bonneville Scott on 01/27/07 12:41 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My Bonneville has 288,000 miles and it is still going strong! My 96 had 203,000 when I wrecked it. Extremely reliable car that fits my family of 5 comfortably and gets better gas mileage than some of the compact cars its age.