1998 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Great Car! I love my Bonneville
By 1998bonnie on 07/05/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 Bonneville SE in 2004 with 76,000 on it, now it has over 143,000. Being that it was sitting on a Chicago used car lot for I don't know how long, I didn't know if it was a good deal or not buying through Ebay. After I got it, I have several things done to it. It's still a good over all great car. In 2011 I had the anti-freeze problem fix with gaskets replaced, upper plenum (Upper air intake) replaced, water pump, radiator, spark plugs, wires, all hoses, all sensors, and starter replaced. Even though nothing was wrong, I still wanted to be safe than sorry. The new radiator sprung a leak and I fixed that with Bar's Leak. I also replaced the stock muffler with a Flowmaster.

Great Car
By bflbarlow on 12/04/11 16:33 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 155,000 miles on it for a straight $2000 in 2008. I loved my Bonnie, but I was a pretty brutal driver. Although some things broke (lever for high beams, speakers, side mirrors, etc), I'm actually surprised more didn't break under some pretty heavy use. The only engine problem I had was serpentine belt snapping that lead to a few other problems such as a blown radiator and teaked power steering. I took this car to DC and back a few times and had an extremely comfy ride. This car is HUGE and great for moving. Has great pickup and gets to 100 easily. Bad city mpg, but great hwy mpg approaching 28-30mpg (lazy 5th gear). Heavy handling, but fun enough to drive. Great Car.

I love this car
By lillovebug09 on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

It was a great car I have it right now but will be trading it for a newer car, haven't had any problems with it :)

Great Car
By Cassie on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Bonneville with 140,000 miles on it. It now has 158,000. The person I bought it from replaced the transmission and struts. It's a really great car. I had to replace the water pump (really cheap part, and fairly easy to repair). I love driving it. It's been extremely reliable, and it's nice and roomy.

My Bonnie is the best car I've ever had
By Stephiey13 on 05/13/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an individual, and I am ashamed to say that I was very ruluctant to buy it because of a Grand Am I had before, which was a big piece of junk, but now I am so glad that I did. It's the best and most dependable car that I have ever owned. Rides smooth, the seat adjustments are awesome, very comfortable, has a lot of kick when you need it. She has 230,000 miles on her and shows no signs of stopping. I have had to replace the water pump, a pulley and the belt, and the radiator hose, thats it. Awesome car, and I would love to buy another one but they are getting hard to come by anymore, the 98 models are the best in my opinion.

Amazing
By Jared T on 02/06/10 08:50 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for $222 after taxes from my dealership about a year ago. A fillup of chevron gas and a dose of Mystery Oil and she is running like a brand new car with 322,000 miles!!!! Best buy I have ever made. It gets better gas mileage than my 4 cyl camry, and it has more power than any V6 I have ever owned. It runs 90mph without any effort. The ride is smooth and fairly responsive, but it does lack the grip my camry has, which might have somthing to do with the cheap tires it is riding on. Overall I love this car best $222 I have ever spent!

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!
By Feyee on 01/25/10 13:52 PM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is a fantastic car, drives like a dream, corners well, handles well in ALL weather conditions. Have driven 14+ hours a day, could never do that in most vehicles. Seats are unbelievable comfortable for driver & passengers. Have enjoyed having a sunroof. VERY Reliable, if could would buy the same car over again!!!LOVE IT!!! With over 121,000 miles on it trying to decide to sell or not?? Hate to let it go.

I'll miss this car
By Karl on 08/27/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 44,000 miles on it and will be selling it at over 203,000. This car has provided me with safety (through 2 deer accidents), reliability (only one major engine problem- a gasket recall) and comfort (the a/c went but everything else still works fine). The performance was never top notch but it could more than get out of its own way (and past the occasional highway fool). Some rust here and there but I still walk out, stop and admire the way it looks; the lines of the car never get old. Unfortunately, the signs of old age have arrived all at once. Problems with the gas tank and filler and some big maintenance hurdles. Don't know what to buy now. Too bad GM axed Pontiac.

Solid Car
By Ben on 08/05/09 21:55 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle last year. It has 237,000 miles on it and still drives great. I have put over 20,000 miles on it. Just needed oil changes and tires so far. There is a small whining noise under the hood, and the paint on top of hood peeling. But for the high mileage, still has plenty of V6 power and very comfortable.

Big Green Lemon
By haugent on 06/24/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

Bought this used, with clean CarFax and low miles. Put few miles on per year, and keep up with routine maintenance. Thank God I got an extended warranty. Thousands in repairs of all sorts in the 4 year warranty period, including a replaced engine - which lasted 5500 miles before the 3rd engine. Add'l items not covered by warranty, like sunroof, gauges, fuel lines, starter, and on. Rusting in odd locations - under fuel fill, window pillar on driver's door. HUD is cool, but invisible on sunny days. Power is inadequate - couldn't outrun anything but a heavy truck.

1 2 3 4 5 next »