Used 1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

SSEI
By roman_gibson

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

I absolutely love this car. I am a little taller. I have plenty of room, the seat adjust to your comfort. The supercharged motor is excellent.

Favorite Features

Heads-up Display Air compressor built into the trunk so I can actually air my tire up from anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

The heater on Bonneville's seem to have a history of problems. If this could e changed it would be great.

Can't stop it
By Mark

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SSE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

This is my 3rd Bonneville and I couldn't be happier, currently at 346000 miles with little trouble. I did have to replace transmission at 289000 miles but a use one has served me well since. A number of pulleys and belts 2 water pumps an egr valve and a fuel pump struts are the repairs I have done (well brakes and tires, but they are a given) Infallible car, dependable and comfortable. I will be sad when it is gone but I am replacing it at 400000 miles.

power enough
By Randy

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car. Sporty enough, power enough, roomy enough. Only problem, and a real problem, was that it would collect water in the rear driver's side floor pan after a rain. Not after every rain, but after a driving rain. No one could figure out where it came from.

Favorite Features

Engine was a definite plus. Also, the climate control and cruise control were dead on.

The BEST car!
By Speed Demon2488

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car is my first car and it is far better than the cars I was looking at. It is so much fun driving in the snow. The ride is smooth and sharp. I have put over 1,000 miles on it. I have experience driving all kinds of cars and the Bonneville has the best ride of them all. This car can move! I just wish people would stop calling it an old persons car. I enjoy taking it on the interstate just so I can see it move. The trunk is massive!

Favorite Features

I love its style, its performance, and its interior.

Suggested Improvements

The flip out cup holder is nice but I wish the compartment was bigger.

Almost 300,000 miles and still reliable
By 12 yrs of a great ca

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car! My husband thought it was incredible when the odometer was turning over to 250,000. Now it has 299,210 miles and our Pontiac is still running with very few problems. We did put in a new starter a while back but what can you expect after nearly 300,000 miles. We had a few problems with the oxygen sensor many miles back but nothing expensive. We wonder how many more miles we will get out of our Bonny. The check engine light has been blinking for about 20,000 miles but we decided after having it looked at that we would just drive it until it died. It has nine lives!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable with plenty of get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest would not open up after owning it for a very short time. Cheaply built but not a huge problem.