1996 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews

1996 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
SSEI
By roman_gibson on 03/05/10 06:40 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

I absolutely love this car. I am a little taller. I have plenty of room, the seat adjust to your comfort. The supercharged motor is excellent.

Can't stop it
By Mark on 12/11/09 10:32 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

This is my 3rd Bonneville and I couldn't be happier, currently at 346000 miles with little trouble. I did have to replace transmission at 289000 miles but a use one has served me well since. A number of pulleys and belts 2 water pumps an egr valve and a fuel pump struts are the repairs I have done (well brakes and tires, but they are a given) Infallible car, dependable and comfortable. I will be sad when it is gone but I am replacing it at 400000 miles.

power enough
By Randy on 10/09/09 05:33 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car. Sporty enough, power enough, roomy enough. Only problem, and a real problem, was that it would collect water in the rear driver's side floor pan after a rain. Not after every rain, but after a driving rain. No one could figure out where it came from.

The BEST car!
By Speed Demon2488 on 02/08/09 18:29 PM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car is my first car and it is far better than the cars I was looking at. It is so much fun driving in the snow. The ride is smooth and sharp. I have put over 1,000 miles on it. I have experience driving all kinds of cars and the Bonneville has the best ride of them all. This car can move! I just wish people would stop calling it an old persons car. I enjoy taking it on the interstate just so I can see it move. The trunk is massive!

Almost 300,000 miles and still reliable
By 12 yrs of a great ca on 01/17/09 00:40 AM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Great car! My husband thought it was incredible when the odometer was turning over to 250,000. Now it has 299,210 miles and our Pontiac is still running with very few problems. We did put in a new starter a while back but what can you expect after nearly 300,000 miles. We had a few problems with the oxygen sensor many miles back but nothing expensive. We wonder how many more miles we will get out of our Bonny. The check engine light has been blinking for about 20,000 miles but we decided after having it looked at that we would just drive it until it died. It has nine lives!

Great Car
By Great Car! on 08/12/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new and have had very few problems. It drives and looks almost brand new. Love the looks and it's engine, great interior, auto air, auto lights, and comfort and room.

It Compensates for Its Shortfalls
By Comfortable Ride on 03/31/08 02:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car almost 3 years ago with 100k for $3800. It just went over 200K. Great car and comfortable to drive. Engine still strong. Transmission started to shimmy at about 72 MPH at 145K and transmission company said it should be changed right away, letting off the gas solves the issue and it's been running fine without changing (flushed changed tranny fluid again at 50K). One frustrating issue has been that the car stalls or won't start all of a sudden. I brought it to the dealer and other places and of course the issue doesn't appear. It will start back up in a minute or so. This issue happens so randomly. It can go 2 months without happening and then happen once a day for a month.

se
By cliff on 07/10/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

good on gas, good pick up, feels like a plane ride, fun to drive, great radio system.

Bonnie has 150,000 miles and still going
By My Bonnie on 11/08/05 17:21 PM (PST)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

The 1996 Pontiac Bonneville is a great car. It has a great design both inside and out. The only drawback was dealing with dealers for repair. One time I took it to 3 diff dealers each one said something different was wrong. At 100,000 miles I lost the trasmission but rebuilt one is still going strong at 150,000 miles.

nice car
By vwbigchris on 10/22/05 01:53 AM (PDT)

1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

SE is a nice looking car that offers a comfortable ride, sort of like a caddy. The bucket seats are an option that is a must. The engine is very responsive and the back seat has space for a person thats 6'4. Like most 6 cylinder vehicles the bonny is a gas eater. Overall the bonny is a good buy.