1995 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Safest car I ever had
By bonneville9599 on 01/28/11 07:51 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was the '95 Bonneville SE, and I loved it! I went in the service and GAVE my car to my brother (he needed a car that fit him & 5 kids). He was drinking one night and crashed dead on into a cement wall at 100 mph (no kids with him). All he had was a bruise on his chest. I saw the car a few days later and was amazed because even though the entire front end was destroyed, the passenger compartment was relatively undamaged. The doors wouldn't open and there was glass all over the front seat as the passenger window broke, and the engine had pushed the passenger side of the dash forward about 6 in. The backseat was untouched. Just bought a '99 and I love it.

Great First Car
By Dan Dupree on 08/15/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I'm a 16 year old senior this year and just got rid of my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. My Bonneville was the most dependable ride ever. I could fit 5 comfortably when heading to the beach but had 8 in a one time. This car accelerated very fast for such a heavy car. The only thing I could not stand/ afford was the gas mileage. it was terrible. Besides that i'll def by another Bonneville. I got a new car now its a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi. I hope its has reliable has my Bonneville.

Good car
By April on 04/03/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 6 years ago with 50000 miles on it. Runs like a dream. Replaced motor at 90000 miles not because the motor was bad but because the intake manifold line busted and leaked all over the motor. Would recommend anyone who had this vehicle to replace the original intake manifold line.

Bonnys best
By RASHONE CARTER on 05/21/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love my Bonny and now I've got two. Bonny can outperform any Caprice because of the accelerator takes off like a Cadillac I love my Bonny and I've always got the horse is what we call Bonny I keep my Bonny hogging up the lane both of them one since I graduated and the other was 300 dollars

Not the best car out there
By Jamie Davis on 10/08/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 8 months as of this writing and I'm not impressed with this car from GM. I've had to replace the water pump, UIM gasket, ECM, and have delt with a persistent water leak into the interior (now solved). I've always purchased GM cars and this one doesn't add a great mark for them in my book. Fuel economy is not as high as previous 3800 powered cars I've owned. I average about 24.9 in my Bonneville. That's what my V8 powered Oldsmobile Aurora averages. The engine/transaxle combination feels somewhat taxed in this big front- weheel-drive. It is as bout as fun as my Aurora to drive though. Good firm suspension.

bonnie review
By justin on 05/16/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

the bonnevilles are great cars. the fuel economy isn't the best but it's good for its size. the top speed isn't what i though it would be, 110mph@4500rpm's then the car shuts down. other than that i love my car.

It's been great ... so long
By Mike on 09/12/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Plastic Lower intake manifold had to be replaced at 100k ... Luckily I do my own work so I saved the $350 labor bill. I also had some minor brake issues. Great Car ! Just tired of driving it ... had it since my nine yr old twin boys were born. Selling the car now ... has 125k and still runs strong

I love my Bonneville!!
By Jo Kulwicki on 03/26/05 12:05 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car has had NO major problems and it now has 115,000 miles on it. Aside from a plugged gas filter, it has never broken down, has driven with race car precision through Chicago traffic and has been comfortable on long hauls. It's the best car I have ever owned; I have owned 11 cars or trucks. I can't say enough good about the car!!

One good car for first timers
By 1 Great Car! on 12/04/04 23:31 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

besides the regular maintnence and replacing things like the intake manifold and tires 1nce not much to worry about. it has about 157,000 now and is still pushing great.

Best ride I've owned
By Bill Marlowe on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 31K miles, turns out to be the best car I've ever owned. Until 162,000 miles have replaced only intake manifold and water pump in addition to periodic maintenance schedule. Many 1100-1500 mile straight-shot drives. Absolutely reliable, fun to drive, cruise at highway ++ speeds all day, and this with 24-26 mpg average. Extremely safe and handles like a champ in water and snow. Superb car in every respect. Engine called it quits at 162K and I am replacing it as car is still a tremendous, safe, smooth and solid ride. My overall rating is a full 9 out of 10.