Used 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

1995 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Safest car I ever had
By bonneville9599

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was the '95 Bonneville SE, and I loved it! I went in the service and GAVE my car to my brother (he needed a car that fit him & 5 kids). He was drinking one night and crashed dead on into a cement wall at 100 mph (no kids with him). All he had was a bruise on his chest. I saw the car a few days later and was amazed because even though the entire front end was destroyed, the passenger compartment was relatively undamaged. The doors wouldn't open and there was glass all over the front seat as the passenger window broke, and the engine had pushed the passenger side of the dash forward about 6 in. The backseat was untouched. Just bought a '99 and I love it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, very safe, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Take the cup holders out of the door!! Every time I get out of my car I have to remember to move my can from the door to the floor so I dont get Mt. Dew all over the door. Who's dumb idea was this?!

Great First Car
By Dan Dupree

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I'm a 16 year old senior this year and just got rid of my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. My Bonneville was the most dependable ride ever. I could fit 5 comfortably when heading to the beach but had 8 in a one time. This car accelerated very fast for such a heavy car. The only thing I could not stand/ afford was the gas mileage. it was terrible. Besides that i'll def by another Bonneville. I got a new car now its a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi. I hope its has reliable has my Bonneville.

Favorite Features

The Comfort of the seats. The engine power, very fast. the size it perfect. everyone has room. The looks, even though mine was a little beaten up.

Suggested Improvements

Took to much gas. but then again I did drive about 450 Miles a week. Besides the gas everything was perfect!

Good car
By April

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 6 years ago with 50000 miles on it. Runs like a dream. Replaced motor at 90000 miles not because the motor was bad but because the intake manifold line busted and leaked all over the motor. Would recommend anyone who had this vehicle to replace the original intake manifold line.

Favorite Features

Comfort and power!

Suggested Improvements

Better longer lasting paint.

Bonnys best
By RASHONE CARTER

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love my Bonny and now I've got two. Bonny can outperform any Caprice because of the accelerator takes off like a Cadillac I love my Bonny and I've always got the horse is what we call Bonny I keep my Bonny hogging up the lane both of them one since I graduated and the other was 300 dollars

Favorite Features

The gas pedal and I can put a lot of people in the trunk I can hog up the lane

Suggested Improvements

Better paint could have been made for this year but nothing wrong my horse and its White

Not the best car out there
By Jamie Davis

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 8 months as of this writing and I'm not impressed with this car from GM. I've had to replace the water pump, UIM gasket, ECM, and have delt with a persistent water leak into the interior (now solved). I've always purchased GM cars and this one doesn't add a great mark for them in my book. Fuel economy is not as high as previous 3800 powered cars I've owned. I average about 24.9 in my Bonneville. That's what my V8 powered Oldsmobile Aurora averages. The engine/transaxle combination feels somewhat taxed in this big front- weheel-drive. It is as bout as fun as my Aurora to drive though. Good firm suspension.

Favorite Features

Interior design and room, easily accessible engine bay and components, decent ride for big performance sedan

Suggested Improvements

Better engine/transaxle combo, higher fuel mileage, get rid of the plastic UIM