1995 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Safest car I ever had
By bonneville9599 on 01/28/11 07:51 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was the '95 Bonneville SE, and I loved it! I went in the service and GAVE my car to my brother (he needed a car that fit him & 5 kids). He was drinking one night and crashed dead on into a cement wall at 100 mph (no kids with him). All he had was a bruise on his chest. I saw the car a few days later and was amazed because even though the entire front end was destroyed, the passenger compartment was relatively undamaged. The doors wouldn't open and there was glass all over the front seat as the passenger window broke, and the engine had pushed the passenger side of the dash forward about 6 in. The backseat was untouched. Just bought a '99 and I love it.

Great First Car
By Dan Dupree on 08/15/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I'm a 16 year old senior this year and just got rid of my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. My Bonneville was the most dependable ride ever. I could fit 5 comfortably when heading to the beach but had 8 in a one time. This car accelerated very fast for such a heavy car. The only thing I could not stand/ afford was the gas mileage. it was terrible. Besides that i'll def by another Bonneville. I got a new car now its a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi. I hope its has reliable has my Bonneville.

30,993 of 30,993 people found this review helpful
me bonne lass
By lionel on 04/13/10 14:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

The car overall is a gem, it's older so i obviously expect repairs. Think of it this way get a newer car that looks ordinary and is basic or get an older car and spend a little money to make good as new and it'll be different in so many ways compared to the new ordinary ones. overall very solid, always getting compliments on it.

A disaster in disguise
By Wldntulike2kno on 04/20/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Best and worst car I've ever owned. Has all the speed and features I could want but a long repair list. Transmission went twice, engine once, radiator and hoses, all major brake components (computer, valve, etc.). Gas lines leaked, fuel pump and sender shot, tail lights leak like crazy causing shorts, suspension bit the dust twice, several electrical problems, interior leaked like crazy, cd player has broken more times than I can count, The supercharger went even with good maintenance. Now the wheel hub/bearings need to be replaced because t bearings are bad and 2 abs sensors went. If you want to throw your money to the wind this is the car for you!

Good car
By April on 04/03/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 6 years ago with 50000 miles on it. Runs like a dream. Replaced motor at 90000 miles not because the motor was bad but because the intake manifold line busted and leaked all over the motor. Would recommend anyone who had this vehicle to replace the original intake manifold line.

Bonnys best
By RASHONE CARTER on 05/21/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I love my Bonny and now I've got two. Bonny can outperform any Caprice because of the accelerator takes off like a Cadillac I love my Bonny and I've always got the horse is what we call Bonny I keep my Bonny hogging up the lane both of them one since I graduated and the other was 300 dollars

My Dream car
By Terabyte on 01/13/07 21:21 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I sold this car after 2 years and it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. I'm trying to find an Identical one to restore

Not the best car out there
By Jamie Davis on 10/08/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 8 months as of this writing and I'm not impressed with this car from GM. I've had to replace the water pump, UIM gasket, ECM, and have delt with a persistent water leak into the interior (now solved). I've always purchased GM cars and this one doesn't add a great mark for them in my book. Fuel economy is not as high as previous 3800 powered cars I've owned. I average about 24.9 in my Bonneville. That's what my V8 powered Oldsmobile Aurora averages. The engine/transaxle combination feels somewhat taxed in this big front- weheel-drive. It is as bout as fun as my Aurora to drive though. Good firm suspension.

One of the best !
By Arizona Bob on 09/10/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Around town I get 21 mpg, on the Interstate at 75-80 I get 27 mpg. It is one of the best driving cars I have owned. It has 111,000 miles now and have only done routine maintenence, change oil, filters, tires, brakes when required. Use the best oil and tires. I'll probably give it to one of my kids, who are 45,52, and 54.

bonnie review
By justin on 05/16/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

the bonnevilles are great cars. the fuel economy isn't the best but it's good for its size. the top speed isn't what i though it would be, 110mph@4500rpm's then the car shuts down. other than that i love my car.