Used 1995 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Safest car I ever had
By bonneville9599

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was the '95 Bonneville SE, and I loved it! I went in the service and GAVE my car to my brother (he needed a car that fit him & 5 kids). He was drinking one night and crashed dead on into a cement wall at 100 mph (no kids with him). All he had was a bruise on his chest. I saw the car a few days later and was amazed because even though the entire front end was destroyed, the passenger compartment was relatively undamaged. The doors wouldn't open and there was glass all over the front seat as the passenger window broke, and the engine had pushed the passenger side of the dash forward about 6 in. The backseat was untouched. Just bought a '99 and I love it.

Lots of room, very safe, comfortable seats.

Take the cup holders out of the door!! Every time I get out of my car I have to remember to move my can from the door to the floor so I dont get Mt. Dew all over the door. Who's dumb idea was this?!

Great First Car
By Dan Dupree

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I'm a 16 year old senior this year and just got rid of my 1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE. My Bonneville was the most dependable ride ever. I could fit 5 comfortably when heading to the beach but had 8 in a one time. This car accelerated very fast for such a heavy car. The only thing I could not stand/ afford was the gas mileage. it was terrible. Besides that i'll def by another Bonneville. I got a new car now its a 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi. I hope its has reliable has my Bonneville.

The Comfort of the seats. The engine power, very fast. the size it perfect. everyone has room. The looks, even though mine was a little beaten up.

Took to much gas. but then again I did drive about 450 Miles a week. Besides the gas everything was perfect!

me bonne lass
113,294 of 113,294 people found this review helpful
By lionel

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan w/Supercharger

The car overall is a gem, it's older so i obviously expect repairs. Think of it this way get a newer car that looks ordinary and is basic or get an older car and spend a little money to make good as new and it'll be different in so many ways compared to the new ordinary ones. overall very solid, always getting compliments on it.

Love the supercharger and the boost gauge, the lumbar supports, the heads up display, the layout of the dash. Not to mention the interior is like you're in a Cadillac. Smooth ride and you really feel compelled to take long road-trips.

the electronics on the car can be a nightmare from elm street. watch for water leaks, and most importantly better intake manifold gaskets. can be a very pricey job to fix.

A disaster in disguise
By Wldntulike2kno

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

Best and worst car I've ever owned. Has all the speed and features I could want but a long repair list. Transmission went twice, engine once, radiator and hoses, all major brake components (computer, valve, etc.). Gas lines leaked, fuel pump and sender shot, tail lights leak like crazy causing shorts, suspension bit the dust twice, several electrical problems, interior leaked like crazy, cd player has broken more times than I can count, The supercharger went even with good maintenance. Now the wheel hub/bearings need to be replaced because t bearings are bad and 2 abs sensors went. If you want to throw your money to the wind this is the car for you!

Love the supercharger! Spacious and has all the luxury features though the air ride control is worthless, poorly put together though its neat when it works.

Wow how about build a reliable car?!

Good car
By April

1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 6 years ago with 50000 miles on it. Runs like a dream. Replaced motor at 90000 miles not because the motor was bad but because the intake manifold line busted and leaked all over the motor. Would recommend anyone who had this vehicle to replace the original intake manifold line.

Comfort and power!

Better longer lasting paint.

• SUV