1994 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Bonnie
By LT on 01/17/06 02:24 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Factory-installed alternator burned out, replacement did too; only when I upgraded to heavy-duty alternator did probs go away. No other engine probs with this Bonnie. The driver's side outside panel was loose when I purchased car and was ripped off by water on the first wash job--dealer replaced at no cost. Feel this is a solid car; even with bumps and scratches, it runs and runs. "Mom's Bomb" will not quit!

What an incredible car!!!
By cholschlag on 10/19/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I bought this car with 35,000 miles on it. It was our first "newer" car. My wife drove 90 miles a day round trip to work. 7 years later, it has 210,000 miles on and still runs incredibly well. The only thing we have replaced on the car is the alternator, that's it. Other than oil changes every 3,000 miles, we have really done nothing else. This car has taken us through the colorado mountains packed full and has survived the midwest winters in Iowa and Minnesota. My wife is going to finish school in 5 months and we are thinking about getting her a newer vehicle, but we have talked about driving this until it finally dies, problem is, I dont know when that will be, 300,000???

Like GM
By RCCOMBER on 02/13/05 11:54 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Wife bought it used with 70K miles. Reliable car. Replaced master brake cylinder & fuel pump. Both seem to be a GM issue. Doesn't like to run smooth with less than 1/8 tank of gas. Great reminder to put gas in. Other than that - very low maintenance. Now 114,000 miles & still reliable - keep loaning it to family while their cars are being fixed. Body has no rust. Wife thinks it is really comfortable.

father & son
By sr & jr on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

bought 4 years old with 62k and probably pd a little much (dealer for $8600. drove to work daily 100 miles round trip; very reliable ( of course replaced alternator, buy the lifetime warranty 1st time, not 2nd like me! 2 1/2 yrs. sold to my 16 yr old boy (yes, he got a deal!) has been very safe, reliable starter car. traction control and abs will always be a neccessity for him in ohio snow. cd/stereo replacement almost immediately blew speakers, drivers inside door panel failing, pass window cicking, cup holders broke, console door latch broke (used velcro; better than new!)......boys have bee rough on it. has been a good car

Not too Bad
By anita808 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought brand new. American cars just don't hold up well, we all know that. But I hate Hondas/Toyotas b/c of lack of individuality! My car needs a drivers side motor fixed, it broke down on me due to alternator failure (EMBARASSING) the speakers are blown, and one side works, the steering controls for the radio don't work, the car's frame makes creeks when you shut the heavy doors, the pass.dr lock doesn't work..but the body still looks alright! I have to say, 24K new. 10years later, worth 1K. SUCKS! But honestly, I expected it. American JUNK. But I still love it. My heyday was the 1970's when I drove LTD's and Continentals, a Caddy's.

best car I have ever owned!!!!
By carley02 on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 94 bonne in 2000 and it had 85k on it,it now has 141k on it,it has been the best car I have ever owned.I have only replaced alternator,serpentine belt,battery,and drivers window motor.you know the normal wear and tear things.I love my car,but now it has some surface rust so its time to get rid of it,any one interested??????

LOOK AT THIS!!!
By FENNY on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My 1994 Bonneville currently has 273,000 miles on it and still running great! Had to rebuild the transmission at 218,000 and hasn't been the same since. The engine still doesn't use oil. Great car!

Good Bang for your Buck
By YamahaMV on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car, however, I have had to replace the master cylinder and, egr valve, and the alternator (which is typical). The car does not get very good gas mileage due to its supercharged engine, which is why I am now trying to sell the vehicle. The 30 minute commute to school is killing me in gas. However, this is a great car, fun to drive, and is extremely fast.

Feels great!
By vinney1369 on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Just bought it a few weeks ago, but I bought it with 72000 miles in 2002, and have no problems with noise, its has great get up and go, and the stereo system is good too, but I'm looking forward to a CD player. A great car, and plenty of room!

General Motors = General CRAP!
By lafayette_la_boy on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the Car brand new and glad to say we just traded it for a new Infiniti! The Cutest moment was when the car wreck itself! The Tire rod broke when the car was only three years old with 28,000 miles on it. Needless to say the front passenger wheel fell off when the tire rod broke. The last straw was when the car rolled 100,000 miles; we were on I-10 in Houston going about 80 to 85 mph (not fast, just goin' with the follow, back before they lowered the speed limit) and the car turned itself off! TRY to get across six lanes of construction in Houston. Yepp, it is impossible!