1993 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
The Bonnie just won't die!
By Kyle S. on 02/09/05 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car with 142k on it, it's been a little over a year and I'm about to break the 150k mile barrier. I can only say good things about my beloved Bonnie; she's never failed me. This car is great; I give it my full recommendation. If you're looking for a good car that will last with you through thick and thin, then this is the car for you.

One of the best ever
By SCBonnyOwner on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My 93 Pontiac Bonneville has been the best car I've ever owned. When newer, 36 MPGs were possible when highway driving. Now with 203K, 22-24 is average. I've replaced evey major engine appendage (alternator, power steering, tensioner, etc.), but the engine itself is still going strong. A/C has been the most problematic. I've spent 1k over the years in A/C repairs, but a new factory compressor at 175K miles seemed to solve the problem. For an American car, the Bonneville is one of the best.

Best car I ever had.
By thenry on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

The best car i have owned yet. 1 alternator change but the 4wheel anti lock brake has gone out twice. I use castrol oil in it ever 3,000 miles. 133k miles and she still has all the pep as when i first got it. The car is mechanically awesome.

Good Car!
By MARKB on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I have had real good luck with my Bonneville. I bought it used in 94' with 40k miles on it. I was a little skeptical about it but it was loaded with all the features I wanted. So here I am 10 years and 150K miles later. All I have done is routine care and maint for the most part. I did have some brake work (master cylinder and reservoir) as well as alternator replacement.

Great for high mileage drivers
By HighMileageUser on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I drive close to 40,000 miles a year. Combined HWY/CITY driving. I get oil changes every 3,000 miles, and have to replace the brake pads once a year. That's absolutely all for maintenance! I love this car. Close to 200,000 miles and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Very pleased owner. Have driven cross country, and easily averaged 450+ miles per tank!! Normal city/hwy for me is 325 per tank. Safe car too!

My car
By soccer19tx on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent vehicle. I got it with 126,000 miles on it and in 2.5 years have only put up to 147,000 miles on it. I have had to make only minor repairs and it is extremely reliable.

10 year old SSE and still going strong
By 74wiu75 on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

When I bought this SSE, the dealer 2 red Grand Prix 2-doors, 5 red Grand Am 2-doors and a the white SSE. Dom "The Snake" Purdome drove the car during his farewell visit to the Sears Nationals in Topeka, Ks. We took delivery on the car. The first 30,000 miles were put on the car between Topeka and KC driving to and from work. The car got broken in right. The Great White has gotten 34 miles per gallon on long trips. At 131,000 miles she has gone through 4 alternators, three sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, and two sets of struts and shocks. The car still has the original computer and everything else.

A car I'm Glad I owned
By remmmmmm on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and now I have over 315,000 miles On it and it still looks and runs great. I think it has to do with how hard or easy you drive as well as certain up keep. I use castrol full syntec oil and change every 9,000 miles. Burn the same reg. gas Texaco. And put neww spark plugs in every 30,000 as well as change the air filter. Just drive normal and it will last.

great
By ZOROO2505 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

great car .10 years withouth any problems.

Hopefully A Lemon
By Useless Spender on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I had to replace the engine, fuel pump, front suspension, alternater(twice), radiator. The car has sprung leaks on me 5 different times. The climate control is broken. Steering wheel controls only work if the temperature is below 50 degrees. The only gages that work are the spedometer and tach. All the interior light casings have fallen off. I've been through two brake jobs. Front stabilizers have gone 3 times causing brand new $125 tires to wear improperly. The car will not accelerate for three minutes after ignition. Wipers will not turn off, must always have on the lowest delay setting.