Used 1992 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

1992 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Bonnes for Life
By Bonne Lover

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Bonneville or Bonne as I call her, from a friend of the family. I have been driving this car for 4 years and even though it has over 200,000 miles on it, it's still going strong. I love my Bonneville! I've had zero problems with it and boy does it have power for an old car that's been around the block a few times. Whenever my friends and I road trip they beg me to take my car because it is soooooooo comfortable. They don't make them like they used to. They're not attractive cars, but once you've had one, you'll absolutely be in love. My friend once said it was like a couch on wheels. It is extremely spacious!! I love my Bonneville!!!!

Favorite Features

the seats!!! oh the seats are to die for. great for those nights when you shouldn't drive home. almost prefer it over my mattress. the smoothness, the reliablility would be the best feature. i feel safe and completely at ease in my bonneville.

Suggested Improvements

the style, the look does nothing to reel the customer in. but the car is soooooo worth it

92 Bonny SE won't die out
By jwk

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 100k, right away the tranny 'slipped', mechanic said tranny needed replacement? Got a full TUNEUP (plugs,wires,etc) instead! NO MORE TRANNY SLIP! Saved $3000! It now has 218000 with original tranny, SHOCKS, and engine; no oil loss, great power. No sign of dieing from this old goat.

Favorite Features

Runs forever with usual maintance.

Suggested Improvements

Many have said pre 2000 Bonny's are better than new style.

92' Bonneville, the perfect commuter car
By megk1

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 92' SE in November of 2003 for 2,300 from the estate of a relative of my Dad's boss. Only 65,000 miles on the odometer and lots of options. This car has proved to be a great car for this full time student/part time cashier. Great gas mileage and reliablitiy for the 200+ miles a week I drive. The handling over icy roads is superb! I drove 10 miles over ice in blizzard 2 weeks ago without a problem! It was the first time I'd ever driven in any accumulation of snow. It has great take off. Just a touch of the gas and you're gone! Its not a sports car but the insurance is cheap and it serves its purpose! Definitely a car I plan on driving for at least the next five years.

Favorite Features

Power seats are very comfortable for the long drives. Love the keyless entry! All steel construction makes it crush proof at low speeds.

92' Bonneville, the perfect commuter car
By megk1

Still Going Strong
By Margie2555

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

The moment I sat in this car on January 31, 1992 I knew it was special! I bought it that day. It has been a pleasure owning this car. It's the most reliable car I've ever had & it has nearly 227,000 miles on it. Even though it's almost 13 years old, the body style is still modern and looks good. In fact, I like the way it looks better than most newer cars and I'm deciding now whether to get a newer Bonneville or put a little money into this one and drive it till it won't go any further! I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the radio controls on the steering wheel and the electric seat controls for the front seats. Anyone can find a seat position that's comfortable. The sunroof is nice and the backseat console folds down and can open to the trunk making it easy to carry long objects in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't test driven a new Bonneville, so these may have all ready been incorporated in the newer ones, but I would add memory to the electric seats; I wouldn't put a cupholder over the seat controls; and, I'd make the backseat air conditioning more powerful.