Used 1992 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

1992 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

My beautiful bonneville
By RON JEFFRIES

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $1000.00 and has been the best 3.8 liter i have owned, this is now my 4th 3.8 liter in the 25 years i have been driving.. This car has been great and i hope to find another one to buy, love this car .... I have now 245000 miles and still drive from jackson michigan to gainesville florida every other month....And i wont think twice about doing it...

Favorite Features

Love the deep green and the power when i need it on the highway

I Miss My Car
By mesoismyhero

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I think it was funny reading a lot of the comments because I was thinking yup that sounded like my car like when you step on that gas it felt like you could almost out drive anyone even thou it was an older car. If you wanted to know if it's reliability I have to say its great I was a new driver I'm 19 so it was my first car it did awesome in the snow for my first time driving in it. Also I just got into a car accident with this car because a drunk driver ran through a red light so we hit head on to her and I'm thankful for this car because if I had a smaller car I might not be here right now it was a tank and I'm gonna miss it. So if you're looking to buy one it's amazing.

Favorite Features

Good in snow, power seat, lots of room since my b/f is in a band I used to put all his guitars and stuff on the back seat and all,

Suggested Improvements

The radio was a little crappy when I got it until my b/f put a cd player into for x-mas, power seating on passenger side too

Tough 6 cylinder with 3.8L engine
By Angela

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 9 years. The engine is awesome and still going strong at 240,000 miles with minor oil usage. When they made this engine, they made it to last. Interior items broke along the way. A/C died only after 2 years use. Too expensive to fix. Just a little rust starting on the passenger side rear wheel well. You see many of these cars on the road still today (white, like mine!).

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and after 240,000 miles she'll still take off like a rocket if I put down the gas pedal...love it.

A Remarkable Car
By Art

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Bonneville in !996 and it had 70,000 miles. It now has passed 238,000. This has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. Yes, there have been the expected repairs and regular maintenance. But the engine and transaxle are still fine and it uses no oil and leaks no transaxle fluid. This car has plenty of comfort and power and great economy... 29 miles to the gallon. Considering the safety, reliability, and economy of this automobile, I will continue to drive it and replace the engine and trans whenever that occurs. It is stylish, safe, and the savings on insurance and registration make whatever repairs are required minimal.

Favorite Features

Safety, economy,power and low maintenance cost.

Suggested Improvements

A firmer driver's seat.

Worst Car Ever
By reaction2k3

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is the worst car that I have ever owned. Had problems with it from week one. Had to put three new alternators on it, 2 wheel bearings, 1 water pump, 1 computer, and 1 transaxle. When the transmission finally went, that was it. I am glad that I have finally gotten rid of that lemon. Not only that, the plastic interior fell apart quickly too. It is not a kid friendly car. The only good thing about it was the engine and how it handled on the snow.