1992 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Bonneville great
By swentod on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

It's great I'm buying another Pontiac. I was never disappointed.

Great car
By JackMac on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from a little old man 3 years ago with 40000 miles on it. While I have replaced standard items like the alternator, water pump brakes etc, this family car has performed well for around town commutes and 300-500 mile road trips. It has a sporty feel and can climb the mountains in Western PA with the best of them. It's great in snow also. Looks are classic and I have no problem driving it as far as it takes me.

My twelve year young beauty
By Robert-ABS on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 92, drove it then passed to my first child when he got his license. He gave it back later and then I drove it again. I then gave it to my teenage daughter to drive and enjoy. Now it is time to sell it to another lucky owner and I hate to let it go. My wife said hang on to it but alas 125000 I think it is time to move one. This has been one of my all time favorite cars. I liked the way it handled (with the touring package), the wayt she looked (lots of compliments) and most of all her dependability and safety.

1992 pontiac bonneville ssei
By bandit00365 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan

lot of expensive repairs!!! but a very nice car so its worth every cent!!! A very solid drive train.

92 Bonniville
By rhino on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 1995, with approximately 26,000 miles. Has been very reliable car, with little exceptional maintenance required. Had transmission (4 spd O/D automic) rebuilt at approximately 146,000 miles, and have just replaced water pump and timing chain at 150,000 miles. Car continues to drive well, and looks good. Can't complain for an 11-year old car. I plan to buy another Bonneville a little farther down the road.

Bi Al's 92 Bonneville SE
By Big Alberto on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Im 51 & have owned a few cars in my day. This is one of the best that stand out from the pack. Does not drip, smoke, or burn (or even use)oil. Starts so fast and positively that I have had only 1 other car that was as good, a Ford Torino 351 Cleveland. Fast enough to be respectable and very smooth and quiet. Interior is superior design and comfortable. Lighting package and orange color choice is very informative and designed to please with subtle things like lighted key locks, all gages, fog lites, etc. Radio in Steering wheel is awesome and safer, cruise is simple stalk & pushbutton, all that you really need. A great car highly recommended! Big Al.

Solid Car
By Fast2kTA on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

An overall solid car. owned for 2 years A few repairs including a new alternator, water pump, new brakes. The usuall older car fixes. Owning the base model with a few upgrades including tachometer, aluminum wheels, and few other guages to list them all is not that bad.(Less stuff to wear out)This car has a bad problem with rust especailly the rear wheel wells and rocker panels. successfully drivin through about 10 Buffalo winters where they dump more salt on the road than there is snow. Comfortable seats Good for first car. Because I Cant afford an LS1 Trans Am

bonneville
By kiara on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

My car is a 1992, great car. Can out drive the best of them. Inside is falling apart though.

My Bonny Bonneville
By AshN on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

Great car! Fabulous 3.8/4spd automatic. Regretfully moving on at 190k after years of cheap commuting. Pulled the ABS fuse due to weird behavior and had several annoying coolant leaks. But the rest was routine accessory stuff (alternator, starter, water pump etc). Best piece of Detroit heavy metal I've seen.

Best car yet
By blonde on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this car for a year but have become a Bonniville lifer. I have only had one problem with this car, that being the shift button stuck in and wouldn't allow the key to be turned fully off- cost $50. It is a joy to drive. I will need to buy a new one in about 3 years as my son and daughter have laid claim to this one when they get a license (we have 3 other vehicles, but they want this one).It's a great car.