1992 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
My beautiful bonneville
By RON JEFFRIES on 03/14/08 20:53 PM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I bought this for $1000.00 and has been the best 3.8 liter i have owned, this is now my 4th 3.8 liter in the 25 years i have been driving.. This car has been great and i hope to find another one to buy, love this car .... I have now 245000 miles and still drive from jackson michigan to gainesville florida every other month....And i wont think twice about doing it...

I Miss My Car
By mesoismyhero on 09/10/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I think it was funny reading a lot of the comments because I was thinking yup that sounded like my car like when you step on that gas it felt like you could almost out drive anyone even thou it was an older car. If you wanted to know if it's reliability I have to say its great I was a new driver I'm 19 so it was my first car it did awesome in the snow for my first time driving in it. Also I just got into a car accident with this car because a drunk driver ran through a red light so we hit head on to her and I'm thankful for this car because if I had a smaller car I might not be here right now it was a tank and I'm gonna miss it. So if you're looking to buy one it's amazing.

Tough 6 cylinder with 3.8L engine
By Angela on 05/18/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 9 years. The engine is awesome and still going strong at 240,000 miles with minor oil usage. When they made this engine, they made it to last. Interior items broke along the way. A/C died only after 2 years use. Too expensive to fix. Just a little rust starting on the passenger side rear wheel well. You see many of these cars on the road still today (white, like mine!).

A Remarkable Car
By Art on 02/18/07 18:29 PM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Bonneville in !996 and it had 70,000 miles. It now has passed 238,000. This has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. Yes, there have been the expected repairs and regular maintenance. But the engine and transaxle are still fine and it uses no oil and leaks no transaxle fluid. This car has plenty of comfort and power and great economy... 29 miles to the gallon. Considering the safety, reliability, and economy of this automobile, I will continue to drive it and replace the engine and trans whenever that occurs. It is stylish, safe, and the savings on insurance and registration make whatever repairs are required minimal.

Worst Car Ever
By reaction2k3 on 01/22/07 20:37 PM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This is the worst car that I have ever owned. Had problems with it from week one. Had to put three new alternators on it, 2 wheel bearings, 1 water pump, 1 computer, and 1 transaxle. When the transmission finally went, that was it. I am glad that I have finally gotten rid of that lemon. Not only that, the plastic interior fell apart quickly too. It is not a kid friendly car. The only good thing about it was the engine and how it handled on the snow.

Bonnes for Life
By Bonne Lover on 09/29/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Bonneville or Bonne as I call her, from a friend of the family. I have been driving this car for 4 years and even though it has over 200,000 miles on it, it's still going strong. I love my Bonneville! I've had zero problems with it and boy does it have power for an old car that's been around the block a few times. Whenever my friends and I road trip they beg me to take my car because it is soooooooo comfortable. They don't make them like they used to. They're not attractive cars, but once you've had one, you'll absolutely be in love. My friend once said it was like a couch on wheels. It is extremely spacious!! I love my Bonneville!!!!

92 Bonny SE won't die out
By jwk on 05/09/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used with 100k, right away the tranny 'slipped', mechanic said tranny needed replacement? Got a full TUNEUP (plugs,wires,etc) instead! NO MORE TRANNY SLIP! Saved $3000! It now has 218000 with original tranny, SHOCKS, and engine; no oil loss, great power. No sign of dieing from this old goat.

92' Bonneville, the perfect commuter car
By megk1 on 02/04/05 10:50 AM (PST)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 92' SE in November of 2003 for 2,300 from the estate of a relative of my Dad's boss. Only 65,000 miles on the odometer and lots of options. This car has proved to be a great car for this full time student/part time cashier. Great gas mileage and reliablitiy for the 200+ miles a week I drive. The handling over icy roads is superb! I drove 10 miles over ice in blizzard 2 weeks ago without a problem! It was the first time I'd ever driven in any accumulation of snow. It has great take off. Just a touch of the gas and you're gone! Its not a sports car but the insurance is cheap and it serves its purpose! Definitely a car I plan on driving for at least the next five years.

92' Bonneville, the perfect commuter car
By megk1 on 02/04/05 10:50 AM (PST)

Still Going Strong
By Margie2555 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

The moment I sat in this car on January 31, 1992 I knew it was special! I bought it that day. It has been a pleasure owning this car. It's the most reliable car I've ever had & it has nearly 227,000 miles on it. Even though it's almost 13 years old, the body style is still modern and looks good. In fact, I like the way it looks better than most newer cars and I'm deciding now whether to get a newer Bonneville or put a little money into this one and drive it till it won't go any further! I would recommend this car to anyone.