Used 1992 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

400,000 Mile Bonneville
By Marcus

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 1992 Bonneville from my brother-in-law,who purchased it new. My wife still drives this car every day to and from work. It now has 407,000 miles on it. I had the transmission rebuilt at 375,000 miles. Never been inside the engine. Has had 3 radiators, 4 A/C compressors, 4 alternators, and other minor things. Still runs great, plenty of power, still handles well. My wife says that she intends to get at least 500,000 miles out of it before she gets herself another car. This has been a very good car for us. Thanks, Pontiac.

Bonne's beat all!!
By George

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 92 bonneville in 1997 when it was 5 years old and had 80,000. I drove it until 2006 when I turned it over to my teenage daughter. As someone else said, the air conditioning hasn't work since I got it and too expensive to fix, not a big deal for me. Other then that this has been a great car, of course things break, but never anything big, mostly just regular things like brakes, starter, and alternator. The car is old so you have to expect to replace some things. Before this car I had a 1985 Bonne that had over 300,000 miles on it and still ran like a dream. Unfortunately the body couldn't keep up and rusted so bad I had to put it out to pasture. I now have a 2003 bonne!

Smooth ride, good gas mileage, plenty of power.

Best car i have owned
By Joe

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car is great. Just bought it with 88,000 miles on it. Its the best car I have owned, the seats are comfortable enough for a cross country drive, the fuel economy is great, it rides very smooth. I would reccomend this car to anyone and everyone!

Comfort of seats, smooth ride, fuel economy

More options available for the SE edition

A great car!
By Art La Cues

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Bonneville in 1997 with 70,000 miles. It now has 254,000 miles and it still has the original engine and transmission. Neither has been overhauled. It uses no oil and consistently gets 28 miles to the gallon. It has probably been the best car I have ever owned. It is safe,comfortable, durable, and quite economical to own and operate. I will probably keep it until it stops running and then replace it with another GM automobile with the 3.8 liter engine. This engine is powerful,smooth, and stingy with gas.

Engine performance, 28 mpg, and overall quality, and safety

None

Stil have her
By dan

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for my wife in 1992, she drove everyday to work and we took it on every vacation. In 2000 she got a new car and I took over the Pontiac. I drove until 2005, when it was passed to my daughter at age 16, my daughter drove it for two years, until she got a new car, it was then passed onto my 16 year old son. The car is still going strong and still looks good, still drives and handles like a dream.