Used 1991 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

1991 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

a Champion that never let me down
By Ray

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $1800 cash in a hurry because I needed something quick at the time. Never dreamed it would still be running. The car saved my life once in a highway situation where many cars would've gone out of control---it held the road. Never had a breakdown or ever had to call AAA. Most reliable car. Got 24 mpg burning 100% gasoline. Normal maintenance is all I ever spent on it. Great car! Taking off from a red light was always out front without even trying. Solid, holds the road. A champion.

Favorite Features

reliability, ease of driving in all kinds of traffic and weather. Good on ice. (passed many newer cars and suvs in snow and ice). Inexpensive and minimal repairs--just the expected usual maintenance. Brakes lasted and lasted. Had to replaced a window motor--that was the only non-maintenance repair.

Suggested Improvements

bring it back.

Why Did They Stop Makin' Bonnies???
By Jonathan

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for a year. Taken it to Georgia three times. No major problems besides regular work. This thing can roll! I treat my car good, I take care of it, but I believe an engine was made to be driven, not coddled. Bonnie never lets me down she's down for what ever. For an old car it handles well- accelerates well. It's a poor mans sports car.

Favorite Features

Engine(3-8 v-6) is tight! the best GM has ever made! Just the right size, easy to drive, fun to drive. This thing can whip.(u-turns, no problem)Easy to take care of. Speakers bang, wake the dead. Heavy but not too heavy. Smooth quiet. Take on a road trip, turn off the radio, and listen. Hmmmmmm.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive stinks in inclimate weather. Just be careful when braking, if you stop too abruptly on icy road it will yaw.(at least mine did)Nowhere to put stuff inside car, besides on the floor. No cupholders.

love the bonnie
By Brett

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

Great car, got it free from my parents who purchased a new car. Love it all around and it's saving me about 400 dollars a month that I was paying on leasing a 03 Toyota 4Runner. Wouldn't trade it for the world

Favorite Features

The comfort of the ride. I also own a 2006 Dodge Charger and my 91 Bonnie is a far more comfortable ride and it's getting 24 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Looks likes granny's car but then again it's nearly 18 years old, what do you expect?

First Car
By Andrew

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year in may of '07. It was my first car and I paid 2900 for it with 105,000 miles on it. I love it and Its really fun to drive. The interior is great. I get about 20 miles per gallon give or take. I've only had minor problems and repairs with it. Since I've bought it a year ago I've only maybe thrown out 400 dollars in repairs that were necessary. But Overall I wouldn't trade my Bonneville for anything. I"m gonna drive her till she dies,

The Best!
By Driving Excitement!

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used in August of 1991 with 32k on the odometer. I still own the Bonneville with a current odometer reading of 196,000. I have had no complaints since I purchased this car. I have had to replace the A/C blower, A/C components (complete overhaul), gauge cluster, alternator, harmonic balancer, right front wheel bearing, and the transmission. The costly repair was the transmission at an average $750 around 106k miles. I wish the still made the Series 1 3800 V-6.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, and the 22-28 MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Improve interior plastics to keep from fading and warping.