1990 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
A Very Good Car
By Peter Dash on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car every day.I feel very comfortable and it is very reliable.Replaced a few parts but nothing major.I plan to take this car from New York to Florida and back to New York . I believe this car can make it.If anybody has this car take care of it , it will last you forever.

1990 Pontiac Bonneville
By US Car Lover on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

This is a well built car by GM. I bought it in 1997 from a retired couple (they only put 32000 miles on it) and I still drive it today with 85000. Solid engine, the 3800 series is probably the best fuel injection engine on the market today. The combination of power, fuel economy and smoothness is fantastic. My only real problems have been with the transmission. It was rebuit recently and it has always shifted rough. It has a hard time determining what to do during mid-range speeds (40-50 mph) with regards to the overdrive. Other than that, it's a great car to motor around town in.

a really good car
By nsb2007 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

this car has been a very good car for traviling. i have bee driving it for about 3 years, this year to college about 150 miles. plus going on vacation to texas and new mexico.

Greatest Ride of the 90's
By Ambidexterous on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

This car is a sleeper. It handles better than most sports cars of the nineties and still is luxurious and cool for parading through town. The engine is surprisingly hot and has more pick-up than George Clooney.

can not go below a 10 rating
By old farm on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 1990 and have enjoyed driving it ever since.

why me
By kris hop on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

way to many problems electronic problems (power locks, mirriors) transmission bad entrie exhaust system fell off. slowly coming apart

Great Car!!!
By 80knight on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I only had this car for about 2 or 3 months, had to sell it due to money restraints, but she was a great automobile. Remote Keyless Entry, and Trunk, Leather Seats, Sunroof, D.I.C., Digital Compass, 3.8L V6. VERY fun to drive, and handles almost as good as my Trans Am did.

What a disaster!
By I-Man on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

Based on the experience I've had with my Bonneville, I would not recommend buying this car. I have put in more than 3 times the amount I've paid for it in repairs. The underside of the car was so corroded I couldn't even jack it up to replace a flat tire. The muffler was rusty, as well as many other parts under the car. The rear doors won't open at all, and the alternater has been replaced a few times. The battery also had corroded cables. The engine required some work as well. I can't speak for everyone, but I have certainly had my share of bad luck with this car.

awesome american car 232,000 miles
By rich from howell on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1990. I still own the car today. People come up and ask about the car. I tell them to guess the mileage. They usually guess around 150k. I laugh and say i have 232k on it. It is in such good shape. The paint still shines brighter than most 3 year old cars. i have had no major problems with it except for the transmission. IT was rebuilt at 230k miles. The interior is also in awesome shape, everything on the car works properly as it did in 1990. The engine starts up right away with no hesitation.The 3800cc engine provides enough power.This is an excellent car that is built from the best car company in the world GM.

1990 SSE
By dmens on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

We have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle. It looks like the day we purchased it. Still turns heads when we drive around town.