1990 Pontiac Bonneville.. can't go wrong
By braden007 on
1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan
I'm 17 and this is my first car. I worked hard and saved my money and 850 dollars later I was driving home in a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville. Now after owning this car for almost a year it has done nothing but been good and preformed great I put in probably 300 bucks into it and another 400 "nitpickiness" and Ill have myself a car that'll get me going for a while. The ignition module box went bad but after a 130 dollar replacement I was driving again with no worries of my car randomly dieing on the road when i stopped. This car is great, very roomy, good sound and speakers, just not an average car a teen looks at but none the less I couldn't ask for more.
Favorite Features
I love the room of this car and it's got the approval of my massive 6'8" 250 pound friend. Dead of winter? No worries starts up every time and gets warm - fast. Want that nice sound system everyone wants? yup this has it. I want to go to the lake with friends.. ya talk about quiet on the highway, nice trunk space and enough breathing space inside the cabin you don't want to get out. This car is just incredibly reliable and are known to go for 200k+ miles like any GM car you take care of. Oh mpg bothering you? I probably push 20mpg+ in city. Ya a little honda or toyota would be cool for mpg but those dinky things can't take on snow like my Bonneville can.
Suggested Improvements
My improvements have just been fixing what bothers me.. I need to put in a new ac compressor and clutch, new turn signal lever, new igntion cause my key is almost completely gone, I put in a new radio head and 2 12inch subwoofers sit comfortably in the back cause well I'm a teen haha. This car has cost me in total almost 1150 on what needed to be done and the car itself almost another 400 and I'll officially have a perfect car.. besides the fading paint, oh well. Honestly, I got a great deal on a great car.