Used 1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

1990 Pontiac SSE
By Grumpy Old Man

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I just recently sold my 2002 Pontiac SSEi for a mini van. Wasn't my choice but needed a van carry my wife's power wheel chair around. I still have my 1990 Pontiac SSE in the garage. It was a hard decision as to which one to trade. I really liked the Bonneville because of all the high tech features. Too bad GM decided to discontinue the model. The only thing I regret is the governments decision to discontinue the use of Freon for the A/C. I can't see paying $2000+ for another A/C - so I drive it without one. Damn government. The car has never had any work on the engine, transmission, electrical, exhaust or mechanical systems other than routine maintenance. Still love the car.

Plush leather seats. Controls on the steering wheel. Never failed to start engine. No body problems. Overall decent gas mileage.

Things I miss after trading in the 2002 SSEi Heads up display CD player Orange digital display Compass Working A/C I might miss these things but most weren't available in 1990. That's progress. The G4 might be a good car but the decision by GM to stop production on the Bonneville was bad.

My Bonnie
By C. Bryson

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

This series of the Pontiac SSE was one of the best. Designed way ahead of its time, has plenty of built in confort and instramentality equipped. Some of the features on this car didn't appear on other car for a few years down the road. Transmission could have been stronger, had mine rebuild and "beefed up". I bought the car (my second SSE) in 2000 and have a love affair with it. To my sorry I will be selling it soon, must buy a rear wheel drive to pull my bass boat. This is the longest I have ever kept a car, it is fun to drive.

The instrument panel, with it's green and red lighting, compass, information center, steering wheel controls, nine controls for seats (both front). Car is a real pleasure.

Make them like this again.

A Very Good Car
By Peter Dash

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car every day.I
feel very comfortable and it is very
reliable.Replaced a few parts but
nothing major.I plan to take this car
from New York to Florida and back to
New York . I believe this car can make
it.If anybody has this car take care of
it , it will last you forever.

Leather Seats , Instrumental Panel , Body Style ,

More horsepower and a transmission that can handle the power.

a really good car
By nsb2007

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

this car has been a very good car for
traviling. i have bee driving it for
about 3 years, this year to college
about 150 miles. plus going on
vacation to texas and new mexico.

i love the controls on the stering wheel. it is so nive not having to look down to change the radio while i'm driving.

i love the car except it looks like a granny car, but it is a very reliable car.

Great Car!!!
By 80knight

I only had this car for about 2 or 3
months, had to sell it due to money
restraints, but she was a great
automobile. Remote Keyless Entry, and
Trunk, Leather Seats, Sunroof, D.I.C.,
Digital Compass, 3.8L V6. VERY fun to
drive, and handles almost as good as my
Trans Am did.

D.I.C. (Driver Information Center: GREAT feature that allows you to view any problems with the car. Coolant levels, door's open, light's burnt out, hood, or trunk open. Everything. Digital Compass: Does, what a Compass does!!! ;-)

Not such a "squarish" body shape. Liked the 1992 and above body shape much better.