1990 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
1990 Pontiac SSE
By Grumpy Old Man on 05/31/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I just recently sold my 2002 Pontiac SSEi for a mini van. Wasn't my choice but needed a van carry my wife's power wheel chair around. I still have my 1990 Pontiac SSE in the garage. It was a hard decision as to which one to trade. I really liked the Bonneville because of all the high tech features. Too bad GM decided to discontinue the model. The only thing I regret is the governments decision to discontinue the use of Freon for the A/C. I can't see paying $2000+ for another A/C - so I drive it without one. Damn government. The car has never had any work on the engine, transmission, electrical, exhaust or mechanical systems other than routine maintenance. Still love the car.

My Bonnie
By C. Bryson on 03/06/08 09:20 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

This series of the Pontiac SSE was one of the best. Designed way ahead of its time, has plenty of built in confort and instramentality equipped. Some of the features on this car didn't appear on other car for a few years down the road. Transmission could have been stronger, had mine rebuild and "beefed up". I bought the car (my second SSE) in 2000 and have a love affair with it. To my sorry I will be selling it soon, must buy a rear wheel drive to pull my bass boat. This is the longest I have ever kept a car, it is fun to drive.

A Very Good Car
By Peter Dash on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car every day.I feel very comfortable and it is very reliable.Replaced a few parts but nothing major.I plan to take this car from New York to Florida and back to New York . I believe this car can make it.If anybody has this car take care of it , it will last you forever.

a really good car
By nsb2007 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

this car has been a very good car for traviling. i have bee driving it for about 3 years, this year to college about 150 miles. plus going on vacation to texas and new mexico.

Great Car!!!
By 80knight on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

I only had this car for about 2 or 3 months, had to sell it due to money restraints, but she was a great automobile. Remote Keyless Entry, and Trunk, Leather Seats, Sunroof, D.I.C., Digital Compass, 3.8L V6. VERY fun to drive, and handles almost as good as my Trans Am did.

1990 SSE
By dmens on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

We have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle. It looks like the day we purchased it. Still turns heads when we drive around town.

Great Bonney
By Hockey Tigger99 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan

My wife drives the car everyday and we have not had a problem with it, it gets great gas mileage highway 35 mpg and roughly 22mpg. I would recommend to a young family a Bonneville if they are looking for great style, comfortable, roomy and enjoyable ride for a reasonable price for the age of the vehicle. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give the Bonneville an overall score of 8 and my wife gives it a 9 since it has a really big trunk for the baby stroller, groceries and sports equipment.