Used 1990 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

1990 Pontiac Bonneville.. can't go wrong
By braden007

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I'm 17 and this is my first car. I worked hard and saved my money and 850 dollars later I was driving home in a 1990 Pontiac Bonneville. Now after owning this car for almost a year it has done nothing but been good and preformed great I put in probably 300 bucks into it and another 400 "nitpickiness" and Ill have myself a car that'll get me going for a while. The ignition module box went bad but after a 130 dollar replacement I was driving again with no worries of my car randomly dieing on the road when i stopped. This car is great, very roomy, good sound and speakers, just not an average car a teen looks at but none the less I couldn't ask for more.

I love the room of this car and it's got the approval of my massive 6'8" 250 pound friend. Dead of winter? No worries starts up every time and gets warm - fast. Want that nice sound system everyone wants? yup this has it. I want to go to the lake with friends.. ya talk about quiet on the highway, nice trunk space and enough breathing space inside the cabin you don't want to get out. This car is just incredibly reliable and are known to go for 200k+ miles like any GM car you take care of. Oh mpg bothering you? I probably push 20mpg+ in city. Ya a little honda or toyota would be cool for mpg but those dinky things can't take on snow like my Bonneville can.

My improvements have just been fixing what bothers me.. I need to put in a new ac compressor and clutch, new turn signal lever, new igntion cause my key is almost completely gone, I put in a new radio head and 2 12inch subwoofers sit comfortably in the back cause well I'm a teen haha. This car has cost me in total almost 1150 on what needed to be done and the car itself almost another 400 and I'll officially have a perfect car.. besides the fading paint, oh well. Honestly, I got a great deal on a great car.

This Old Bonneville
By volcanaustin

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this bonneville back in December used from a friend who owns a used car lot. Car is Rather reliable, getting almost 31 mph on highway (covered 300 miles on a half tank of gas). Idles very quiet, and one of the few old cars that cold-starts well. I have had to replace the rear brake lines, fuel pump and ignition control module and the paint is fading. Very clean w/no viewable rust and undercarriage has held up well. Transmission shifts very well, and at 70 mph, the transmission holds the engine to a modest 1900 rpm, great for highway travel. Overall a great car.

I love the 3800 V6 engine, I also like the roominess of the interior.

well, I cannot really say since this model isn't made anymore.

My Bonneville
By mike

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

1990 LE, bought it in 94 with 40k. its now 2010 with 173k. always dependable and a sharp looker. wish I could post pics. Looks as good as it did when if came off the showroom floor. have put money into it repaint and sound system, but mechanically very sound. They have plenty of get up and go. very smooth, quiet and sexy design, one of their best. I swear by this car. Old enough to handle most of repairs/maintenance yourself and mileage is fantastic; with mods (simple ones) I'm getting 35 highway. Hard to beat that. But it does seem to eat up power antennas for some reason. With the sound system and new paint I wont let it go for under $5K.

looks, drivabiliy, performance. Lots of legroom (I'm 6'4") and never felt cramped even on long trips. power seats and split front does help tho. good trunk room as well (the sub cabinet does eat up some room though - houses two 12" subs with amps etc).

goes through power antennas every couple years.

440 T 4 Transmissions Stinks!!
By Del

1990 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this Car in 2002. I was impressed with the get up and go the 3800 is a wonderfull power plant.other then the oil pump that dropped out of it in case was the death of this car at about 140,000 miles. the (440 t 4) Transmission stinks I went threw 2 tranny's in this car and the owner before me just had it rebuilt. Over all handle-ing was nice gotta love the independent rear susp. I would not buy another Pontiac they are well known for eating up trannys

Nice sound system (8 spe) and over all handling. NOt to bad looking..

Best car I ever bought
By carl

1990 Pontiac Bonneville LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new. This car still drives like a new car, always a smooth ride with plenty of pep. Last time I checked I got 25mpg.

Styling still looks great. Fun to drive. The dash still looks modern

Defroster cover on dash twisted up from the sun, plastic covers on taillights cloudy and cracked. Front seat adjustment, broke cover, it was put in a bad spot.