Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

I Love It
By Syzio

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Aztek in Jan. I do not regret this purchase at all. I love it. It is roomy and I love the design. I would recommend this SUV to anyone. It is also good on gas mileage.

I love the everything about my Aztek.

Awesome Ride
By Jeff Kelsey

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. I haul lots of scuba gear and it has no problem holding it all. I can also take 3 adults with me with plenty of room and comfort. It really moves on the road too. Very snappy response to get around slow movers fast and safely. Handles like a dream on corners and on the open road. I love it. Plus, it's ugly and nobody will steal it.

Lots of baggage room. Roomy passenger seats and comfy driver seat. Good leg room too. I'm 6'3" and need lots of leg room. It's got it.

better fuel economy

Pontiac Aztek
By WILLIAM MICHAUD

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Despite the negative reviews I have read, I find this vehicle to be a great handling SUV. It is quiet, has great features, gives decent mileage, and is fairly comfortable. The only problem I have encountered to date is the rear hatch release, sometimes requiring 2 or three clicks to open.

Interior room,and quite ride.

Get rid of the rear tailgate

We like it
By Cleo Clark

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've previously always had a van because of the convenience in traveling so was reluctant to get the Aztek. Shortly after purchasing, we took an approximate 3500 mile trip. It was great. We especially liked the convenience of back access. We also have luxury feataures of DVD, heated seats, built in ice chest, etc. and especially felt much safer with the Onstar. In fact, used it to get directions and when couldn't find the keys they opened it for us from wherever. So far, we are very pleased with our Aztek.

Ease of handling, safety of Onstar, short turn around, easy to get in and out of,convenience of back hatch window opening, smooth ride, and luxury features.

Gas tank cover and wipers for back hatch.

AZTEC PERFORMANCE
By AZTEK

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Cons are rear view visability which you learn to compensate for. However, the small turning radius, power and agility as well as good gas milage make this a really fun car to drive. Overall visibility is very good, and the car's overall performance is very good. Everyone who drives it, loves it!

small turning radius, good gas mileage, good overall visibility in heavy traffic, V6 engine powerful when needed, runs very well

rear window bar/hatch design could improve