Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Very disappointed
By Ebony Green

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been nothing but trouble since purchased. Has experience several problems each month since I purchased it. Problems such as stalling, loss of power, gear shift not going into gear at all, cruise control not working, paint chipping, car running hot, burining smell and smell of gas, gas tank rattling. I have been out of the vehicle for a total of 70 days. I would advise any consumer to check with the department of transportation before purchasingthis vehicle. This vehicle has shut down on major highway more than once and could have cuased my family and I to be killed.

Favorite Features

Sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Every thing about the vehicle should be improved. Service techs need to be improved by general motors so they can not be able to continuoulsy tell the consumer that their vehicle concern can't be diagnosed.

PONTIAC AZTEK- Get 1 Before They're Gone
By Susan Skinner

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our first Aztek in 2001 and found it to be a joy to own - no maintenance. no problems! When my husband read they were discontining them this year (05) we drove from Georgia to Ohio to get the model we wanted...they are so comfortable, have so many included features that cost more on other makes, are such fun to drive...we love our Aztek! Who cares if Jay Leno makes fun of them!

Favorite Features

heads up display, camping tent, pull out cargo tray, heated seats, great paint which stays glossy forever!

Suggested Improvements

Won't matter since this is the last model...- but the spoiler in the middle of the back window looks okay but reduces rear-view vision somewhat.

Really love it
By K moore

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had one for a company car. I had alot of long trips and noticed how comfortable the ride was and got great gas milage. I went out and bought onr for the family.It has alot of head room and is great for pulling our boat. Great for tailgating as well.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, low noise, lots of space and head room. Great cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

change it looks a little.

2005 Aztek
By Donna Wesse

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, fairly good on gas, good acceleration, very comfortable, plenty of storage room, extremely good looking layout of dash, especially at night.

Favorite Features

sunroof, ten-speaker radio with in dash CD that holds six CDs and sattelite radio, backseats fold forward and removable for more storage.

Suggested Improvements

Make a better looking vinyl seat, make it a little less square in backend.

I Love It
By Syzio

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Aztek in Jan. I do not regret this purchase at all. I love it. It is roomy and I love the design. I would recommend this SUV to anyone. It is also good on gas mileage.

Favorite Features

I love the everything about my Aztek.