2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Under-Rated
By Keith on 01/01/05 06:18 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Pontiac Aztek is a great vehicle -- one of the best SUVs on the market. The simpletons in the automotive press could not get past the admittedly awkward-looking exterior. Get inside and experience the functional interior, great for hauling people, equipment, groceries, anything. Drive it to experience exceptional ride and handling. Quality is outstanding. I have had zero reliability or maintenance problems; only regular oil changes. And with the cash incentive I received, I think it is one of the best hidden values on the market.

unbeatable price
By clintonjohn on 12/28/04 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

With the GM redtag clearance and other rebates, we got our 2005 Aztek out the door for under $15000-new. Had looked at the Vibe and Suzuki Aerio, but the Aztek came out cheaper, with the same features and lots more room. Very comfortable ride and acceleration is sufficient. May not be comparable quality to foreign competition, but the price was absolutely unbeatable.

Neat SUV
By A.R. on 12/22/04 07:12 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Haven't had this much fun driving a vehical,since my 60's+70's VW "bug"days.I hope Pontiac keeps this SUV around as I wouldn't trade it for the most expensive SUV on the market.I camp out with this Aztec often. It's great outdoor fun. My canoe fits nicely on the roof rack. In the city I make U- turns I wouldn't even try with a much smaller car. I'll buy a new one each year. Pontiac please keep this engineering marvel alive, "its great".

luvmytek
By orangefire on 12/11/04 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my tek because i was tired of my Hyundai and was on a limited budget. I did my homework on the vehicle: GM was offering 4,000 rebates, plus one for 1,000 that the dealer didn't tell me about. Total vehicle price out the door 18,000. For the space, handling, comfort and compliments that this vehicle gets, you would think that I paid over 30,000. Aztek is Pontiac's best kept secret. I love this car so much that i will trade my other Hyundai and get one for my wife before all of the 05's are gone.The equinox (aztek replacement) cannot hold a candle to this vehicle in style, features, or PRICE. My mom has an 03 trailblazer (she paid 32,000 for it) that isn't as roomy, versatile or good on gas as my tek.

Aztek?
By Craig on 12/11/04 10:24 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yes we bought an Aztek. We went with the rally package. It makes a big difference in appearance. It still has a huge back end but overall I think its a really great vehicle. They even thought of a shoulder belt that can drop down for someone riding in the middle of the back seat. It turns really well for a SUV. The only draw back I have seen so far is that there is not a lot of places to mount extra's. Even though it is a SUV it has a great step in height for children.

Love it! so why don't others
By ianearthstarr on 11/12/04 00:06 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just Love my Aztek and the dealer tells me Aztek owners all feel strongly about them. I like the "Tiger ready to pounce" exterior look and so does my fiance. She bought a Red Vibe and now that I have this vehicle she keeps trying to drive it and leave me withthe smaller car. We can fold the seats all the way up and stow 2 bicycles in the back to go riding on the Cedar Valley Nature trail, and then fold them down and take anotrher couple out to eat that nite. It handles well and has enough get-up to meet my needs and the gas milkage is acceptable. I fail to understand why reviewers say it is awkward to handle as most owners like the interior comfort and handling.

I love the look of this car
By reedrat on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wish they had kept the body cladding of the earlier models, but this is one cool looking car. It is fun to drive, safe, and comfortable. Interior quality is much improved over 2001, which haf poor fabric. I'm surprised some find it ugly or weird looking, but that makes it a great used car buy.

A POSITIVE REVIEW
By cordle on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this automobile because it was the only one offered in the price range that I could afford. After owning and driving this auto for the past year, I am so glad that it was the one I bought. I have driven it on the highway and in town and could not be more comfortable now feel more safe than in the Aztec. It is not the most beautiful design but everyone knows where I am in this town! I needed an auto that was easy to get in and out of and this has been ideal. I hope that more people will look for quality and not beauty and try this auto.

2005 aztec
By cowboys25 on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this new aztec on the 14th of sept..I have 4 kids and we have driven this on 2 trips and love the way it drives..I owned a 2002 explorer that i traded for this and the aztec is more comfortable,rides better and is alot more fun to drive..The only draw back is the placement of the rear spoiler..

ugly but beautiful
By potsietp on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

unique vehicle. Had no intention on buying it. Test drive sold me. Check out the price because there is a low market for these vehicles and you can almost name your price.