2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Awesome Ride
By Jeff Kelsey on 03/08/05 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car. I haul lots of scuba gear and it has no problem holding it all. I can also take 3 adults with me with plenty of room and comfort. It really moves on the road too. Very snappy response to get around slow movers fast and safely. Handles like a dream on corners and on the open road. I love it. Plus, it's ugly and nobody will steal it.

Pontiac Aztek
By WILLIAM MICHAUD on 03/05/05 09:45 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Despite the negative reviews I have read, I find this vehicle to be a great handling SUV. It is quiet, has great features, gives decent mileage, and is fairly comfortable. The only problem I have encountered to date is the rear hatch release, sometimes requiring 2 or three clicks to open.

We like it
By Cleo Clark on 02/27/05 11:41 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've previously always had a van because of the convenience in traveling so was reluctant to get the Aztek. Shortly after purchasing, we took an approximate 3500 mile trip. It was great. We especially liked the convenience of back access. We also have luxury feataures of DVD, heated seats, built in ice chest, etc. and especially felt much safer with the Onstar. In fact, used it to get directions and when couldn't find the keys they opened it for us from wherever. So far, we are very pleased with our Aztek.

AZTEC PERFORMANCE
By AZTEK on 02/19/05 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Cons are rear view visability which you learn to compensate for. However, the small turning radius, power and agility as well as good gas milage make this a really fun car to drive. Overall visibility is very good, and the car's overall performance is very good. Everyone who drives it, loves it!

I love my Aztek!!
By snippy on 02/13/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most practical vehicle I've ever owned by far! It is very comfy, even the back seat. over all awesome car!!

great suv
By Larry on 02/12/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Vibe for the Aztek. Great car for a great price. Rides great, plenty of room. Sits up high, great radio. Could not pass up the price. Always hated the look of the car. I have the rally package and love the car and look now. Great car, get one before they discontinue it. You will love the car and the price!!!!!!!!

ugly but awesome
By potsie on 02/06/05 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

never intended to buy. dealer gave me the deal of a lifetime 15106.00 out the door, taxes license the works! I test drove the Aztek but really was looking at the Buick Rendevous. The ride in the Aztek was just as good as the Buick and $6500 cheaper. I love driving the Aztek and the pickup is great and the versatility is just what I needed. My son is 16 and can't wait to get his hands on it !!!

I love it
By fredericka on 02/04/05 21:52 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it ! I have never driven a new car that glides quite like this. It is so comfortable. I love the way I can't feel anything or hear the outside noise while driving it. I have always been a Minivan lover until I cheated with this car.

good value
By clint on 01/15/05 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We hadn't even considered the Aztek when shopping for a new car. Figured that an economy car was the only thing in our budget. Went looking at the Pontiac Vibe and saw the Aztek in the showroom. With the GM redtag clearance and other discounts, we got our 2005 FWD Aztek out the door for under $15000. Excellent value, a lot of features, outstanding interior room. The only unknown is how it will hold up over the years. Right now I'm quite happy with it. The exterior appearance takes a bit getting used to. If you can get over the outward appearance, the Aztek is quite a good deal. It's not a Vette, so I don't buy the complaints about power-it's power and acceleration are just fine.

owner
By kathey sisemore on 01/11/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the handling and the versatility and the over all performance of the Aztek. The only thing is I have had a lot of problems with the car locking in park due to the(bitsy) part of the braking system and the block ( brain with the fuses) being loose and then melting. My family and myself was stranded in Mississippi for a day and a half because of the block. Now the wires have melted, unknown reason. I would keep the car except I have driven a rental more than I have driven mine. So I am trading my Aztek for another Aztek. Just to see if i got a lemon the first time. My whole family loves the Aztek. Correct the problems of the Aztek and I will buy more of them in the future.