Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Aztek

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Me and my Azzy!
By Doreen

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I researched this car before buying it, I'm happy that I made the decision to do so, It's easy to handle, the ride is smooth and the look of it fits my personality. People feel they need to talk to me and tell me how cute my car is! I hope others who have it feel the same as I do. Unfortunately, It takes $40 to fill the tank but I'm not worried. I will still drive my Azzy around town.

Favorite Features

The cooler is perfect for my change and cd's. Also the cupholders on tbe back door are perfect.

Suggested Improvements

The bar across the rear window could be changed but you get use to it. Backing out of supermarket spaces is hard due to blind spot. The removable cupholders are stuck in the cupholder compartments. The two minute open the hatch up rule is tough at times.

Just got mine
By DG

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like it. My sisters say its ugly, but I love the look of it. It's very unique and very sporty. It's kind of got a truck feel on the interior, sporty, but definitely smooth ride and handles great. Can't wait to go off-roading with it.

Favorite Features

Stylish and sporty. Great for 20 and 30's. Great for camping or moving with pullout back seats.

Suggested Improvements

View from rearview mirror. That's it so far.

most fun to drive
By Alice

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

To most people this vechicle is ugly. In our area this car is driven predomanitly by 30 somethings. All I can say is BOY are they missing out! We have a 2 wheel drive version and it does great in the snow, mountians and everywhere. The handling is very responsive . It corners fantastic and I absolutly love curves.There is no rollover effect.

Favorite Features

Overall styling, handling and just plain FUN!

Suggested Improvements

Better viewing from the back side windows. Better grade of vynal on the steering wheel and more padding in the back of front seats where the hinges are located. Also the taillight covers are fading.

Great Little SUV
By Steve

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In 18,000 miles no problems. Dealer service has been excellent. Have had many POSITIVE comments about the style. Style is not as awkward as it used to be in comparison to the half painted Honda Element or Scion wagons. Cargo area has a pull out table, great for picnics. AWD works very well. Fun car to drive and be seen in.

Favorite Features

Pull out cargo table/tray, unique style, AWD, dependability

Suggested Improvements

Cargo hatch is very heavy and needs either/or power assist or some way to pull it down easier

my pontiac
By 2004 Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace wheel covers while under 12000 miles feels kinda top heavy when applying sudden break

Favorite Features

roomy functional great music systom lots of power

Suggested Improvements

better wheel covers