Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Aztek
By Cambre65

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Runs great, would recommend it to anyone. Definitely designed for the 20 something crowd.

HUD!

More space between the front and rear seats.

Love It !!! Sad It"sGoing Away..
By Love my Aztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First car I picked out myself and the best of both worlds. Easy to get in and out of and fun to drive. Aways asked by people how I like it and I am forever showing off the inside. The space is awsome. This is our second one and was sadend to hear that I won't be able to get my huband a new one for himself next year. We have a New Yorker that my husband drives but it doesn't get any miles on it if we are going together. We always jump in the AZTEK. Would really like to see a few more years of this car around. This year along in our small town we have gone from our Aztek driving the streets of 3500 people to seeing 8. Love my Aztek Sue.

The ease of making U turns. Setting up high so you can see some distance ahead of you. The carrying space I have is great. Stepping in and out of it is so easy. Handle in front seat is helpful for shorter people. (Not my problem) but some friends.

Back seat needs the hanger hooks back. The driver seat need a map compartment on the back like the other seat has. The black trim put back on the side like the older ones had. Needs more leg room getting in and out of back seat. Arms on both sides of the front seats.

Love My Aztek
By whiteaztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I use to have a ford explorer and now I know what a real car is like. The ONLY problem I see with this car is the spoiler on the back. Extreme blind spot. However you do get use to it. I have recently had problem with rattling while applying my brakes especially down hill. Took it in and fixed for free. I have not tried out the camping package yet however hopefully next year. I think Pontiac should change their commercial. I would of never of thought to buy this car. The commercial makes it look so small and only concentrate of the cooler between the front seat. Show this car off it is hugh on the inside. I put 2 twin boxsprings & 2 mattresses in the back end

Everything. I love the automatic light system. They come on in slight darkness. I love the space. It is a little cramped between the back and front seat but doable. There is so much leg room and space altogether in this car. Beats spending $40,000 on the Mercadez or others that look the same.

Definitely the spoiler on the back and it could use a windshield wiper on the back top window. Oh yeah and Pontiac if you want to sell this car you need to do a way better commercial. You are leaving out what this car can actually do and carry. Compare it to the explorer and bury Ford.

Watch out for breakdowns
By Lex

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Aztek small community makes it difficult to learn and share with other drivers. My odometer came out reading "error"... if a small light on the dash breaks, you must send in the entire unit loosing your car for 3 + days to change a tiny lightbulb... the battery change requires a 2 hour job by a professional mechanic whereas in previous cars i could easily do so myself... the mirror fell off in 100 degree heat... the resale value is down to 6000 at carmax after just 3 years.. i would love to hear from other buyers so i can prepare myself for other aspects which i might put some prevention into to avoid repeating your finds, i would be happy to share my experience.

the room, i can fit a full size twin bed in the back for road trips, it has great moving room, you can move couches etc, the sports package keeps seats clean when you have babies

improve the quality, so not everything breaks.. hard to replace a $1000 air compressor, on a car which can only resell for $6000

Good Buy but Ugly Car
By LuvnDodge

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fast Car that hugs curves. No need to work about flipping this one over like many other inport mini-SUV's, Great Gas mileage for the power in this cars engine. Expect to be peeling out frequently if you have a lead foot. Passing up cars is a breeze. This car is very responsive. the only complaint is the design. My friend calls it the tin can, but a better look would have taken away the huge cargo area.

Speed!!! Very responsive. Excellent around corners.

The Styling. That's about it.