2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
My Fishing Family Loves My Truck
By carol L Evans on 06/25/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and 2 boys are avid fisherman. who love to take my truck on their overnight trips, because the boys get to leave the docks and go back to the truck and lie down when the get sleepy.. we now also go to the drive inn instead of to the local movie theater, this allows kids to be able to move around while we are looking at movies, they take toys and food and moveies are now fun for them......

Aztek Review
By Lisa L on 06/22/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased this vehicle. We LOVE it. We were told that many people thought it was ugly - and we've actually had the opposite experience. I was stopped at a light the other day and a group of kids in their 20's said "Awesome Wheels!". I like the look of it and I like that it doesn't look like everyone else's car! People also said it is difficult to see out the back - it took me no time at all to get used to it. I have no complaints whatsoever. I completely recommend it and since they aren't making them anymore - you can get a pretty good deal on them right now.

Interesting thing, this Aztek
By Bri on 06/10/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A surprisingly practical car. Good cargo capability (but not minivan good), good gas mileage (much like a minivan's), respectable performance (a lot like a minivan). But, my wife and I weren't ready for the minivan niche. Certainly a love/hate appearance, but we have the "Rally" edition, which I think gives a more pleasing flavor to the underlying Aztek weirdness. A recent (May 2005) recall on the ignition system is a must-fix; we just started experiencing the effects (kind of ironic, in a way), which include vehicle stalling. In-laws have a Chevy Equinox, which I like better. However, the Aztek might have the price advantage given its impending discontinuation and overall poor sales.

Don't purchase
By LYNDA on 06/10/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car burns 1quart oil every 1000 miles, they say exceptable. Moaning from rear end, they hear but they dont know what is causing the problem. A/c quit and there is a tt bullentin on it . Car shifts horrible, and sometimes doesn't. Rear spoiler blocks vision. Trade in value is the worst! Today 6/8 ny newsday reports 10worst reliable car in the us! Dealer has been unsupportive to fix the vehicle.This is the 5th pontiac i have owned always showing loyalty to pontiac gm, note not anymore!! I will seek a better tradein and a better warranty!

Pontiac's secret
By Aztek on 05/11/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Last fall I had to purchase a new vehicle. The 2004 Aztek was one of my purchasing options. I have never been happier with a vehicle. I believe it is one of Pontiacs best kept secrets that the general public has a tendency to overlook simply because it doesn't fit their ideal mold of a reasonable looking vehicle. When driven conservatively, the Aztek may get 24 mpg. In 170 miles, used 6gls of gas (holds approx 18gls). Driving reasonably under winter driving conditions, this vehicle drives like a tank - my biggest surprise yet! I feel safe transporting my child in this vehicle, and am happy to take other passengers along. This a reasonable SUV for reasonable budgets!

Very disappointed
By Ebony Green on 05/03/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has been nothing but trouble since purchased. Has experience several problems each month since I purchased it. Problems such as stalling, loss of power, gear shift not going into gear at all, cruise control not working, paint chipping, car running hot, burining smell and smell of gas, gas tank rattling. I have been out of the vehicle for a total of 70 days. I would advise any consumer to check with the department of transportation before purchasingthis vehicle. This vehicle has shut down on major highway more than once and could have cuased my family and I to be killed.

PONTIAC AZTEK- Get 1 Before They're Gone
By Susan Skinner on 04/11/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our first Aztek in 2001 and found it to be a joy to own - no maintenance. no problems! When my husband read they were discontining them this year (05) we drove from Georgia to Ohio to get the model we wanted...they are so comfortable, have so many included features that cost more on other makes, are such fun to drive...we love our Aztek! Who cares if Jay Leno makes fun of them!

Really love it
By K moore on 04/11/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We had one for a company car. I had alot of long trips and noticed how comfortable the ride was and got great gas milage. I went out and bought onr for the family.It has alot of head room and is great for pulling our boat. Great for tailgating as well.

2005 Aztek
By Donna Wesse on 03/31/05 15:30 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, fairly good on gas, good acceleration, very comfortable, plenty of storage room, extremely good looking layout of dash, especially at night.

I Love It
By Syzio on 03/27/05 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Aztek in Jan. I do not regret this purchase at all. I love it. It is roomy and I love the design. I would recommend this SUV to anyone. It is also good on gas mileage.