Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Azteks are Complicated
By Laura

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the design because it's so unique and there aren't very many in my city. I use to drive a small compact car prior to buying the Aztek, so I wanted something larger but not to large. The Aztek was the perfect size and had the amount of room I was looking for. It's so easy to get in and out of it and can stuff so many things in it. Last year, I had to take my Aztek back to dealership because my gauges were not reading correctly. I would fuel up and the gauge indicated that I was on empty. My speedometer would indicate I was driving at 120 miles per hour when I was actually driving at 30mph. Luckily I had the gold insurance plan and got everything fixed for $50 (deductible).

I like the design, the amount of room for cargo, and the driving experience.

I don't like the spoiler because it does block your view. I would suggest to make it easier to change lights and fix bulbs that need to be fixed. Don't like to bucket seats. The material used for the seats can be changed. They get stained very easily and it is so difficult to remove stains.

I love my Rally
By 2005RalleyedAztek

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Pontiac Aztek rally edition. I was going to sell it so that I could get something more fuel efficient, but there isn't a SUV that great gas mileage this good and is this smoking hot. I LOVE MY RALLY!!

Funky look, sexy sunroof, stereo system and blacked out back windows.

None, the only thing that could make it better would be if Toyota thought of it.

ABS/AWD Disable
By AZTEK

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car in January 2008 and am having trouble already with the abs/awd disable light. nothing shows on my mechanics computer but looks like a lot of trouble with sensors or harnesses. which would be the cheapest to start with? i just got it and can't really afford to trade it already.

My 2002 Pontiac Aztec
By Doug Wilson

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Aztec is the worst automobile I've ever owned in my life. 1st Pontiac Grand Am, purchased new, within one years paint bwgan to peel off, Dealer refused to repaint it, said it was because of the High Mileage I put on it. Bought a New Pontiac Grand Prix a few years later. Ran OK but interior buttons began to crack and break, at 63000 mikes it's timing belt broke and realy damaged the engine my mechanic told me. Then the Pontaic AZTEC 2002 used, with 28000 miles on it. had nothing but trouble with it electricly, have spent well over $1500 getting elctricsl problems fixed plus lousy gas mileage, Hard suspension. Pontiac Factory refuses to stand behind the car. Good Bye Pontiac fo

Pontiac should stand up and offer tofix their engeering defects if they want to keep me as customer

The extremely poor wiring, Non fold back mirrors, Fuel mileage, Just totaly redesign the car to be dependable, Foriegnauto mfg's are able to do that. Gee, why is the American Automobile Mfgs having such a hard time, DUH !

Nice ride if you like the looks.
By Jmamadei

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I never even considered an Aztek when I was shopping for a car but there it was with low miles and a good price so I was sold and I really love it. Everything about it is convenient and easy to use also, it sits high enough to give a good view of the road without being difficult to climb into. Gas mileage is acceptable (19-20mpg) and reliability has been good during my first 500 miles. However, if you change your own oil its really hard to get the filter out because of the front frame crossmember so plan on wearing half of your oil the first time you change it.

Built in cooler, cargo space, tailgate made for sitting on, and large fuel capacity.

Spoiler blocks the rear view mirror, oil filter is hard to reach