2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Aztek
By Cambre65 on 12/27/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Runs great, would recommend it to anyone. Definitely designed for the 20 something crowd.

Love It !!! Sad It"sGoing Away..
By Love my Aztek on 10/23/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First car I picked out myself and the best of both worlds. Easy to get in and out of and fun to drive. Aways asked by people how I like it and I am forever showing off the inside. The space is awsome. This is our second one and was sadend to hear that I won't be able to get my huband a new one for himself next year. We have a New Yorker that my husband drives but it doesn't get any miles on it if we are going together. We always jump in the AZTEK. Would really like to see a few more years of this car around. This year along in our small town we have gone from our Aztek driving the streets of 3500 people to seeing 8. Love my Aztek Sue.

Love My Aztek
By whiteaztek on 09/29/05 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I use to have a ford explorer and now I know what a real car is like. The ONLY problem I see with this car is the spoiler on the back. Extreme blind spot. However you do get use to it. I have recently had problem with rattling while applying my brakes especially down hill. Took it in and fixed for free. I have not tried out the camping package yet however hopefully next year. I think Pontiac should change their commercial. I would of never of thought to buy this car. The commercial makes it look so small and only concentrate of the cooler between the front seat. Show this car off it is hugh on the inside. I put 2 twin boxsprings & 2 mattresses in the back end

Watch out for breakdowns
By Lex on 09/14/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Aztek small community makes it difficult to learn and share with other drivers. My odometer came out reading "error"... if a small light on the dash breaks, you must send in the entire unit loosing your car for 3 + days to change a tiny lightbulb... the battery change requires a 2 hour job by a professional mechanic whereas in previous cars i could easily do so myself... the mirror fell off in 100 degree heat... the resale value is down to 6000 at carmax after just 3 years.. i would love to hear from other buyers so i can prepare myself for other aspects which i might put some prevention into to avoid repeating your finds, i would be happy to share my experience.

Good Buy but Ugly Car
By LuvnDodge on 09/01/05 21:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fast Car that hugs curves. No need to work about flipping this one over like many other inport mini-SUV's, Great Gas mileage for the power in this cars engine. Expect to be peeling out frequently if you have a lead foot. Passing up cars is a breeze. This car is very responsive. the only complaint is the design. My friend calls it the tin can, but a better look would have taken away the huge cargo area.

Me and my Azzy!
By Doreen on 08/20/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I researched this car before buying it, I'm happy that I made the decision to do so, It's easy to handle, the ride is smooth and the look of it fits my personality. People feel they need to talk to me and tell me how cute my car is! I hope others who have it feel the same as I do. Unfortunately, It takes $40 to fill the tank but I'm not worried. I will still drive my Azzy around town.

Just got mine
By DG on 08/20/05 09:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like it. My sisters say its ugly, but I love the look of it. It's very unique and very sporty. It's kind of got a truck feel on the interior, sporty, but definitely smooth ride and handles great. Can't wait to go off-roading with it.

most fun to drive
By Alice on 07/16/05 19:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

To most people this vechicle is ugly. In our area this car is driven predomanitly by 30 somethings. All I can say is BOY are they missing out! We have a 2 wheel drive version and it does great in the snow, mountians and everywhere. The handling is very responsive . It corners fantastic and I absolutly love curves.There is no rollover effect.

Great Little SUV
By Steve on 07/13/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In 18,000 miles no problems. Dealer service has been excellent. Have had many POSITIVE comments about the style. Style is not as awkward as it used to be in comparison to the half painted Honda Element or Scion wagons. Cargo area has a pull out table, great for picnics. AWD works very well. Fun car to drive and be seen in.

my pontiac
By 2004 Aztek on 07/04/05 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace wheel covers while under 12000 miles feels kinda top heavy when applying sudden break