2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Will be missed
By ducttapeeng on 09/07/12 21:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Aztec died in a crash recently and it will be missed. The minivan based design allowed it to be a great snow ski hauler since ski's fit under the seat. Although the spoiler did restrict rear vision - it also appeared to always block the headlights of the car behind us when they were tailgating. It got us everywhere we needed to go. The front seats of all cars are comfortable but the often forgotten rear seat [I guess most parents think it is the kids problem not theirs] was very comfortable for the Aztec. If the look can be ignored, the function is great. Note: some Aztec's inherited all the problems. Find a good one and keep it for life.

My aztek
By GREYHOUND on 08/24/10 10:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought this was the ugliest automobile on the road, and then I drove one! My first was a 2001 with a campers package (loved it!), then I traded it for a 2005 knowing the car was nlm. I will have it paid off soon and hope it lasts forever! I haul greyhound dogs in it and it is perfect with the back seats removed. I love this car!

I love this car!
By Mike on 08/13/10 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Aztek for about 5 years now and it's perfect for us. It washes up to look great for executive meetings and transforms to a great family rig for weekends on the coast. I have a two package and pull a trailer with gear for longer trips. Plenty of room. It runs great. 80k miles and still strong. My only thing is the sunroof is flawed. Had it repaired 5 times and it still doesn't work. I'm looking for a second one now.

Pontiac Aztec
By Dan on 01/21/10 06:55 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I can sum up my review briefly...245,000 miles...body very good..0 rust.....original engine, transmission. Reolaced alternator and water pump but these didn't occur until 201,000 miles. This vehicle is hands down the most dependable, fun vehicle I have ever owned. I would buy another without hesitation.

Fun Fun Fun!!!!
By Enfury8me on 03/03/09 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car a couple of months ago on a whim and I absolutely LOVE it! Anyone who wants to laugh at it or make fun of me for buying it can do it but they don't know what kind of FUN they are missing! The vehicle is very responsive on curves and in the snow it goes thru any depth. We love all the room in the back because you can carry anything. It's just a FUN car to drive. We already feel like this vehicle is a part of the family!

Azteks are Complicated
By Laura on 08/24/08 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love the design because it's so unique and there aren't very many in my city. I use to drive a small compact car prior to buying the Aztek, so I wanted something larger but not to large. The Aztek was the perfect size and had the amount of room I was looking for. It's so easy to get in and out of it and can stuff so many things in it. Last year, I had to take my Aztek back to dealership because my gauges were not reading correctly. I would fuel up and the gauge indicated that I was on empty. My speedometer would indicate I was driving at 120 miles per hour when I was actually driving at 30mph. Luckily I had the gold insurance plan and got everything fixed for $50 (deductible).

I love my Rally
By 2005RalleyedAztek on 05/18/08 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Pontiac Aztek rally edition. I was going to sell it so that I could get something more fuel efficient, but there isn't a SUV that great gas mileage this good and is this smoking hot. I LOVE MY RALLY!!

ABS/AWD Disable
By AZTEK on 04/24/08 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car in January 2008 and am having trouble already with the abs/awd disable light. nothing shows on my mechanics computer but looks like a lot of trouble with sensors or harnesses. which would be the cheapest to start with? i just got it and can't really afford to trade it already.

My 2002 Pontiac Aztec
By Doug Wilson on 12/28/07 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Aztec is the worst automobile I've ever owned in my life. 1st Pontiac Grand Am, purchased new, within one years paint bwgan to peel off, Dealer refused to repaint it, said it was because of the High Mileage I put on it. Bought a New Pontiac Grand Prix a few years later. Ran OK but interior buttons began to crack and break, at 63000 mikes it's timing belt broke and realy damaged the engine my mechanic told me. Then the Pontaic AZTEC 2002 used, with 28000 miles on it. had nothing but trouble with it electricly, have spent well over $1500 getting elctricsl problems fixed plus lousy gas mileage, Hard suspension. Pontiac Factory refuses to stand behind the car. Good Bye Pontiac fo

Nice ride if you like the looks.
By Jmamadei on 03/26/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I never even considered an Aztek when I was shopping for a car but there it was with low miles and a good price so I was sold and I really love it. Everything about it is convenient and easy to use also, it sits high enough to give a good view of the road without being difficult to climb into. Gas mileage is acceptable (19-20mpg) and reliability has been good during my first 500 miles. However, if you change your own oil its really hard to get the filter out because of the front frame crossmember so plan on wearing half of your oil the first time you change it.