Used 2005 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Will be missed
By ducttapeeng

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our Aztec died in a crash recently and it will be missed. The minivan based design allowed it to be a great snow ski hauler since ski's fit under the seat. Although the spoiler did restrict rear vision - it also appeared to always block the headlights of the car behind us when they were tailgating. It got us everywhere we needed to go. The front seats of all cars are comfortable but the often forgotten rear seat [I guess most parents think it is the kids problem not theirs] was very comfortable for the Aztec. If the look can be ignored, the function is great. Note: some Aztec's inherited all the problems. Find a good one and keep it for life.

Great visibility forward. Short wheel base makes it very easy to get around tight spaces. AWD gives confidence going slippery places. Vehicles of comparable size do not have nearly as much room inside - not including the comment below about a 4x8 sheet. MPG was very dependent upon the right foot. For long Trips: tread lightly = 27mpg on trips / a lead foot = 20 MPG on the same trip. This was due to great gearing where it drew about 2000RPM at 60. Removing the rear seat really allows it to carry lots of stuff. The rear tailgate does not swing out very far making it perfect for smaller garages. The organizer is great and can be removed when it is in the way.

The distance between the rear wheels did not allow for a 4x8 sheet to fit in the back. It just missed by 1/2". The Factory roof bars were too low, allowing cargo boxes to bottom out on the roof. Changing the plugs requires the block to be lifted up with a special tool.

My aztek
By GREYHOUND

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought this was the ugliest automobile on the road, and then I drove one! My first was a 2001 with a campers package (loved it!), then I traded it for a 2005 knowing the car was nlm. I will have it paid off soon and hope it lasts forever! I haul greyhound dogs in it and it is perfect with the back seats removed. I love this car!

Removable back seats, and the room is awesome. Really cannot complain about the highway gas mileage as it will get 25-27 mpg with the air on

Please start making them again

I love this car!
By Mike

2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Aztek for about 5 years now and it's perfect for us. It washes up to look great for executive meetings and transforms to a great family rig for weekends on the coast. I have a two package and pull a trailer with gear for longer trips. Plenty of room. It runs great. 80k miles and still strong. My only thing is the sunroof is flawed. Had it repaired 5 times and it still doesn't work. I'm looking for a second one now.

Rear Hatch Stereo Control, Quick pickup, Comfortable for 5 grown kids.

Better sunroof design, a place to hang a suit or shirt.

Pontiac Aztec
By Dan

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I can sum up my review briefly...245,000 miles...body very good..0 rust.....original engine, transmission. Reolaced alternator and water pump but these didn't occur until 201,000 miles. This vehicle is hands down the most dependable, fun vehicle I have ever owned. I would buy another without hesitation.

Lift out cooler...tailgate that you can actually sit on.

The blind spots due to the rear spoiler

Fun Fun Fun!!!!
By Enfury8me

2005 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car a couple of months ago on a whim and I absolutely LOVE it! Anyone who wants to laugh at it or make fun of me for buying it can do it but they don't know what kind of FUN they are missing! The vehicle is very responsive on curves and in the snow it goes thru any depth. We love all the room in the back because you can carry anything. It's just a FUN car to drive. We already feel like this vehicle is a part of the family!

Room in the back-Fun to drive-Goes thru deep snow easily-Corners easily

Takes getting used to the spoiler across the back window and that's the only thing I notice