2004 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Review: where am I and what's around m

2004 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

where am I and what's around me?
By KrisT on

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great price for a car/truck/suv mix breed. That is where it stops. ABS is an option on this vehicle (where it was a standard feature on the 2003 model). On wet roads the traction/steering are very weak. A lot of blind spots. Vehicle very awkward shaped and weight distribution to be a front wheel drive. Sometimes I wonder if the thing is going to stop when I hit the brakes--Tires like to lock up or I roll through the stop sign. Overall... If it is a dry summer day on a long straight road with no traffic.. this vehicle is optimal to own.. 22 mpg in town/30mpg hiway. Anything that is offroad, curves, traffic, non asphalt/cement... normal driving conditions...this vehicle has a mind of its own.

interior versatility, the A/C registers are awesome.. rear air vents are for looks..not much air comes out of them.

the hatchback lid is very heavy and cumbersome. Too many blind spots. ABS should be a standard feature.