2004 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Review: LuvMyAztek!!

2004 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Review

By Nancy in Buffalo on

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Edmunds says the engine is weak but with all due respect I beg to differ. I have taken many trips on mountainous roads leaving all others on the road eating my dust (safely) passing them with little effort. Very comfortable to drive. I had no problem adapting to the rear view some think is hampered by the design. My previous two vehicles were a plush 1991 GMC conversion van and a well equipped 2000 minivan (Montana). Of all three vehicles, I find the Aztec most fun to drive. I highly recommend it!! Back seat can be a bit cramped on extended trips, but the OUTSTANDING gas mileage is well worth it. I love this vehicle.

Cool lines, especially front view. Comfortable cockpit for driver. Awesome gas mileage! (average 23+mpg) An engine with guts when needed. Very quiet. Smooth ride. Fun sun roof. Awesome stereo system with read outs of performers/songs!

Streamline the back of the vehicle. It is a bit boxy--a look only a true Pontiac lover can embrace! LOL I know the original intent was a camper's vehicle. How many use it as such?? I say streamline it and I'll indeed buy another.