2004 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I Love My Ride!

2004 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Review

I Love My Ride!
By CHERI on

2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wasn't sure I wanted to buy such a strange looking car, but gave it a trial run. Boy! Was I surprised. The Aztec drives and rides like a dream: roomy and comfortable, turns on a dime, and carries just about anything for regular daily use. My husband has arthritis of the spine, so he is really impressed with the heated seats. And we love the idea of dual temperature controls. The tent and air mattress (with an air valve built in one of the cubbies) were pleasant surprises, as we are avid campers. I am so glad I didn't let the strange appearance turn me off, besides... It's beginning to grow on me.

Favorite Features

I am really impressed with the drivability of my Aztec. It handles like a sport car, but has the comfort of a luxury car. I have owned two other SUV's and my Aztec far out classes them. I would definitely return to the Aztec as a new purchase.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see more leg room in the rear seating area. And I think the designers should rethink the rear spoiler... it causes a blind spot in the rear-view mirror. Another complaint I have is with all SUV's... carpeting. It's not practical for sporting enthusiasts or parents of children.