Used 2004 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

2004 Aztec
By azteclover

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. 168k and still going strong. Best feature is the versatility of the the interior. Easy to remove seats.

Favorite Features

Versatility of the interior. Auto headlights Tinted windows.

Suggested Improvements

Make more of them !

I Love My Aztek
By jodibeth

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Aztek now for 10 months. I absolutely love it. I went from driving a 1992 Toyota Corolla to the Aztek. Huge change! Indeed a great one though. My husband and son have no problems with not enough room like I did with the previous car. I've not had to replace anything on it but the brakes and tires. It had 92000 miles on it when I bought it. Great gas mileage for an SUV. Awesome stereo system!

Favorite Features

Pioneer stereo system, large air vents, sits up high, not expensive on gas, moon roof, very comfortable seating, and you cant forget the pull out cooler/middle console!

Suggested Improvements

The spoiler causes for a small blind spot, not too badly though. The back of the Aztek is strange to others who do not own one but it grows on you. I love the back now!

88K-5+ Years: Going Great.
By IndyLee

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First was my wife's car. Became mine last year. Great road car. Wish we could get 27-29 mpg, best ever 26.5 on highway. Got rid of full-size pick-up and took over the Aztek ... not a bad deal. Few negatives, lots of good stuff. Stereo rocks. Pull out tray in rear is wonderful. If they still made them, we'd buy another.

Favorite Features

Removable 'cooler' for center console; rear seats easy to remove/replace; rear tray has plenty of uses; comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper blade would have been nice. Replacing headlights is a challenge ... only because the instructions are less than understandable.

My favorite car of all time
By Alayne

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My biggest disappointment is that I'll never be able to get another one. I have loved the reliability, value and function of this car. Rides fantastic! Great pickup. Function, function, function on the interior. Like everyone else, I would say the rear spoiler causes a major blind spot but you do get used to it. I have almost 90K on this and still no problems. I am going to drive it into the ground.

Love my Azzie!
By LORIE

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Aztek has been the 'perfect' vehicle for me out all the vehicles I have ever owned! It's not a girlie (mini-) SUV, but handles like a car. I love the interior because it's easy to clean up spills. (My three teenagers and I live in the car!) It is easy to handle, doesn't sit too high or too low, sporty, converts easily for more cargo space, and I easily put my 7-8 foot fresh cut Christmas tree in it! It's been the best investment I've ever made in a vehicle!

Favorite Features

I love the sporty vents, the cooler/storage between the seats, and multiple outlets for charging cell phones! I also love that the back seats easily remove or stand up for more storage space.

Suggested Improvements

Although I love the little spoiler on the back, it somewhat blocks your vision when checking out the rear-view mirror. I would recommend making it all glass or similar re-design. Also, it would look 'cooler' with larger tires.