2004 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
I Love My Aztek
By jodibeth on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Aztek now for 10 months. I absolutely love it. I went from driving a 1992 Toyota Corolla to the Aztek. Huge change! Indeed a great one though. My husband and son have no problems with not enough room like I did with the previous car. I've not had to replace anything on it but the brakes and tires. It had 92000 miles on it when I bought it. Great gas mileage for an SUV. Awesome stereo system!

88K-5+ Years: Going Great.
By IndyLee on 02/26/10 17:51 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First was my wife's car. Became mine last year. Great road car. Wish we could get 27-29 mpg, best ever 26.5 on highway. Got rid of full-size pick-up and took over the Aztek ... not a bad deal. Few negatives, lots of good stuff. Stereo rocks. Pull out tray in rear is wonderful. If they still made them, we'd buy another.

My favorite car of all time
By Alayne on 08/10/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My biggest disappointment is that I'll never be able to get another one. I have loved the reliability, value and function of this car. Rides fantastic! Great pickup. Function, function, function on the interior. Like everyone else, I would say the rear spoiler causes a major blind spot but you do get used to it. I have almost 90K on this and still no problems. I am going to drive it into the ground.

Love my Azzie!
By LORIE on 07/03/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Aztek has been the 'perfect' vehicle for me out all the vehicles I have ever owned! It's not a girlie (mini-) SUV, but handles like a car. I love the interior because it's easy to clean up spills. (My three teenagers and I live in the car!) It is easy to handle, doesn't sit too high or too low, sporty, converts easily for more cargo space, and I easily put my 7-8 foot fresh cut Christmas tree in it! It's been the best investment I've ever made in a vehicle!

Hate it!
By ejglady on 06/21/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The first time I saw an Aztek I knew that one day I'd have one. When I was 7 months pregnant I decided to buy one so that I'd have more room for the baby's things. I'd previously had a Plymouth Breeze. Let's say I should have kept my Breeze. I hadn't had the Aztek a year and I had put over 1,000 dollars worth of work into it. Not only does it feel like it's not going to stop, sometimes I think it may tip over if the wind blows too hard. Now it takes an extra few seconds to start and it has stalled several times while in traffic. Plus, the back seat needs more room. If your over 4 feet tall getting in and out of the back seat is hell. Your feet get caught on the door frame.

Long-run ownership experience positive
By veblenesque on 05/26/08 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Aztek because I had GMcard dollars I needed to use, it had big incentives, and I wanted a wagon. The Aztek has far exceeded my expectations. After 43k miles, not a single problem. I get 26 mpg on the freeway, the car rides like a Buick (this is great for freeway, bad for enthusiasts), it has over 100 cubic feet of storage (more than any wagon - check), and the exterior design is actually looking better as it ages. Interior design is a little cheesy, but incredibly functional and versatile. Engine and handling are lazy, but smooth and competent. My wife is in love with this car, and it has been an unmatched value. Azteks made after the first years are surprisingly reliable

Love It!
By joflier9202 on 09/26/07 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Driven my Aztek for 2 years, and its been a great experience. It drives better than my mom's sports car and is the most comfortable for the long trips! Have had no problems. Lots of people think they're ugly, but hey, don't knock it until you drive it! It won over my heart!

My Azteka
By lspeegle on 04/24/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this vehicle and to date have had no problems. I replaced the battery after three years and factory tires after 75K miles. It has good pick-up and a lot of fun to drive. It has 80,500 miles on it and I have yet to replace the original brakes. I get from 27-29 MPG on the highway. I really like this car.

i love my aztek
By becky on 03/23/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my tek for 3 years and i have not had any problems with it. I love that I have tons of room in the back for hauling stuff.

04 FWD AZTEK
By Mike T on 10/28/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought vehicle Certified w/ 32K miles on it. Previously owned 2 gas guzzling Cadillac Devilles and wanted a roomy car w/ better MPG. Our Aztek is probably the best looking one on the road. Black w/ 17" factory alloys, auto-leveling suspension with rear compresser jack, 2 tone heated leather seats, moonroof, trip computer, spoiler..every option but AWD and the Pioneer stereo. Apparently Onstar was also an option but you couldn't have a moonroof with that package.. I also bought the optional camping package online for $300 which I've used 2 times. FWD w/traction control gets better MPG than AWD and handled great in 06 Michigan winter...its too bad this vehicle was discontinued.