Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Incredible and underappreciated
By Charlie

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this vehicle has been a true joy. Its spacious interior has been very convenient, and folding middle seats function better then any other vehicle in its class for my needs. It's got the spacious function of a mini-van, without having the larger size. I also used the Aztek tent combo with it, and whilst I was moderately unimpressed by the tents ability to keep water out, I really loved the mattress and how perfectly it fit into the back. I took this vehicle on a 3500 mile road trip without a single problem. Love the way it feels to drive - very comfortable. It has good pickup, and sufficient torque for its class. A great experience owning it.

mid seats folding - more spacious then any competing model in its class in vertical space.

All of these vehicles came with Dex Coor antifreeze in the engine, and this has been widely known to cause expensive problems with causing leaks into the engine. If you get it, make sure it has either been changed, or change it yourself, and save yourself expensive repair.

GM Service lowest of the lowest
By vjchap

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The enjoyment of this vehicle is overshadowed by having had it in service three times for hub replacement - $600 a wack. The first time was covered by warranty, but the other two times it wasn't. Even the ones that were replaced had to be replaced. 3 times to service for the same defect, once each year for the first three years I owned the vehicle. It would make sense to most consumers that GM would care- but they don't. They even had recalled hubs,and denied me the recall reimbursement. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to replace them again. I only drive the vehicle to work. My husband and I have had several GM products, but we'll never purchase another one. It'll be imports for us now.

For a utilitarian vehicle it's very nice interior, and it's great in winter driving.

Gave a lot of money to GM for this vehicle. I deserved more respect as a customer with the hubs. I believe the new Equinox is the same vehicle, just a different exterior design - so be careful, and check out the hubs.

I love my Tec
By Alex

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable, fun vehicle. It is probably the best new vehicle I have ever purchased for the price I paid. I paid $21,000.00 for a very well equipped mid size SUV that has plenty of room for 2 kids, luggage and even a mid sized dog.

Fantastic Vehicle
By Will S.

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned an Aztek AWD 4D for approximately 3 1/2 years. It has been reliable, fun to drive, convenient and fuel efficient. My dog loves the car, the back seats and plastic storage container in the back are easily remove to haul stuff. The sight angles aren't great out of the back but are adequate.The car handles well and (knock on wood) in three years I have had 0 problems with it. Great for camping, fishing, moving, tailgating (huge plus) and other activities that guys love. Great for taking your dog on a long trip. I love this car and plan on keeping it for 10 more years. Its styling and interior grows on you and the front console is almost identical to my wife's Grand Prix GTP.

Steering Wheel Controls Satellite Radio Removable Cooler in Front Space Rear Radio & CD Control Fishing Pole Holder Car Seat Seatbelt Tailgate seats Storage Container Removable Seats

Improve Sightlines Including Blind Spot

One great deal......
By Robert Surprenant

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my used '03 Aztec a month ago. Previous owner spent $24,500 new. I spent $9,700 with all the "bells and whistles"(power sunroof/moonroof, yeah!!) and only 49,000 miles on it! I can't believe how great it drives. I've owned over eight vehicles in the past twenty four years, and this is the nicest ride I've had. Test drove other mid SUV's, no comparison. Most drive like trucks, are to small in the cabin, seats stink and all look similar, boring. Aztec's have got to be the best deal in "autoworld" right now. People complain about the spoiler blocking their view,I love it, no more headlights in the eyes.I have no problem backing up. If you're thinking about an Aztec, go for it, it's a blast

The looks, the design of the interior is great, looks different from everything else. 8 speaker CD cranks. Very comfortable seats, easy to get in and out of. Just plain fun to drive! I mean how many SUV'v come with a removable cooler for goodness sake?

Grab bars above the doors, more aftermarket add ons. Oh, new managemnt at Pontiac for not marketing this like they should have, and everyone should be fired for ending the line in '05.