2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:
Incredible and underappreciated
By Charlie on 02/17/07 10:51 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this vehicle has been a true joy. Its spacious interior has been very convenient, and folding middle seats function better then any other vehicle in its class for my needs. It's got the spacious function of a mini-van, without having the larger size. I also used the Aztek tent combo with it, and whilst I was moderately unimpressed by the tents ability to keep water out, I really loved the mattress and how perfectly it fit into the back. I took this vehicle on a 3500 mile road trip without a single problem. Love the way it feels to drive - very comfortable. It has good pickup, and sufficient torque for its class. A great experience owning it.

GM Service lowest of the lowest
By vjchap on 02/10/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The enjoyment of this vehicle is overshadowed by having had it in service three times for hub replacement - $600 a wack. The first time was covered by warranty, but the other two times it wasn't. Even the ones that were replaced had to be replaced. 3 times to service for the same defect, once each year for the first three years I owned the vehicle. It would make sense to most consumers that GM would care- but they don't. They even had recalled hubs,and denied me the recall reimbursement. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to replace them again. I only drive the vehicle to work. My husband and I have had several GM products, but we'll never purchase another one. It'll be imports for us now.

I love my Tec
By Alex on 11/10/06 06:14 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable, fun vehicle. It is probably the best new vehicle I have ever purchased for the price I paid. I paid $21,000.00 for a very well equipped mid size SUV that has plenty of room for 2 kids, luggage and even a mid sized dog.

Fantastic Vehicle
By Will S. on 09/03/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned an Aztek AWD 4D for approximately 3 1/2 years. It has been reliable, fun to drive, convenient and fuel efficient. My dog loves the car, the back seats and plastic storage container in the back are easily remove to haul stuff. The sight angles aren't great out of the back but are adequate.The car handles well and (knock on wood) in three years I have had 0 problems with it. Great for camping, fishing, moving, tailgating (huge plus) and other activities that guys love. Great for taking your dog on a long trip. I love this car and plan on keeping it for 10 more years. Its styling and interior grows on you and the front console is almost identical to my wife's Grand Prix GTP.

One great deal......
By Robert Surprenant on 07/13/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my used '03 Aztec a month ago. Previous owner spent $24,500 new. I spent $9,700 with all the "bells and whistles"(power sunroof/moonroof, yeah!!) and only 49,000 miles on it! I can't believe how great it drives. I've owned over eight vehicles in the past twenty four years, and this is the nicest ride I've had. Test drove other mid SUV's, no comparison. Most drive like trucks, are to small in the cabin, seats stink and all look similar, boring. Aztec's have got to be the best deal in "autoworld" right now. People complain about the spoiler blocking their view,I love it, no more headlights in the eyes.I have no problem backing up. If you're thinking about an Aztec, go for it, it's a blast

Great car!!!
By newe82 on 01/13/06 14:24 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle late in 2003 and have never had any problems. I love the space and the way that it handles. I bought it in white and I really like the way that it looks. I wish they would keep making them, but I will buy another Pontiac for my next vehicle.

glad i bought it
By janis on 11/21/05 20:06 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

we purchased this vechicle for traveling reasons.. i love interior..its roomier(3 adult children fit in the back seat) then it looks....the sun roof comes in handy on those spring sunny days .........i'll hate to get rid of it when we have too

What a drop in value
By Ann on 10/06/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new and there is no way to get out of it because the value continues to dive each year. Had to have lots of little repairs under warranty. I like the roominess of the car in general. We have a yellow sport package (spoiler) and I honestly think it's eye catching. I never have a problem spotting my car in the lots. Taking trips with this car has been easy. No major isssues with the engine after 60K

Disappointed they don't make 'em no more
By Aztec Fan on 08/30/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car! it is roomy and comfortable. gas mileage is considerable. i love that it is different. i would rather stick out with my "ugly" "garbage truck lookin thing" than not be noticed! i love that it has several cigarette lighters. the windows that go all the way down in the backseat are great. i love having all the extra cargo room in the back. i drove it from california to michigan and not a complaint about the comfort. i think the acceleration is pretty good. i used to have a jeep wrangler that was slow as molasses. i love that i dont have to get an oil change every 3K miles. my car tells me when it wants one. i wish they would make these still.

great car for me
By barb on 08/13/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

roomy, reliable, good gas mileage, i would buy another one but brakes are noisy at times. great sound system.