Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

Excellent value
By borych

2003 Pontiac Aztek AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had car for 7 years now and have been more than satisfied. Recently had a few significant repairs. Over all am quite happy with the purchase. Runs well. Good gas mileage 18-24 mpg for a 6 cyl AWD model. Excellent in deep snow! This car lives in New England outside and has served well. Only minor cosmetic drawback is that it does not come with gas cover. Many people over the years have asked what happened to it. I keep needing to explained that this is the way it was designed. If they still made them I would buy a new one.

AWD, Excellent sound system, winter drivability. Excellent storage.

Gas cover would be nice. Lighter rear hatch. Few women I know had trouble opening it.

Wonderful Experience
By Bruce

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the best car I have ever owned! You sit up high, killer sound system and best of all the Heads Up Display on the windshield (no tickets ever). 140,000 miles and have only had to replace some front and rear bulbs. I can take out the back seats and fit in full 4X8 sheets of plywood and close the hatch. I have a hitch and I pull my 2 carrier motorcycle trailer loaded with ease. I've had people out in public tell me my car is ugly, but I always liked the futuristic styling, reminds me of a vehicle from the movie Bladerunners. Wish I could get a new one! Sorry the Pontiac brand is now gone!

Cool futuristic styling, killer sound system (I would compare my sound system to an aftermarket system). Tons of storage capacity. Love the Heads Up Display, you always know how fast you are going, no tickets!

One thing, i have never liked about my Aztek. The rear hatch window has a bar (brace) going through it. When looking in your rear view mirror it cuts a line through your vision. If it was all glass it would have been better.

Unhappy customer
By yolonda hunter

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this Aztec not even 3mos. Ago and I'm having problems with the brakes, wheel bearings, headlight shift gear ac unit. I was told that the SUV went through to inspection and that everything was working fine that's not true these cars can be a good car if you can repair it yourself because it's a costly vehicle to have so I don't recommend this one at all know. Wonder they stopped making them in 2005 because the only thing they offer is space don't buy if you use this vehicle as an every day car please.

the sound system

the brakes, wheel bearing ac system gear shift, head lights

Nothing but GOOD!
By Liana

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2003 . I have NEVER had any trouble with it. I change the oil & have tune ups (regular stuff) but thats it. This is a GREAT car. Plenty of room!! Great for trips. I have the leather seats, 6 cd changer, moon roof etc. FABULOUS car! I would buy one all over again! I can ONLY say good things about this vehicle. I really do like ALL the room withour it being a huge SUV. If you have an opportunity to buy one, go ahead - do it without hesitation. This car has been extremely reliable!! Mine is not a 4 wheel drive but it handles great in the snow. GREAT car!!

EVERYTHING!

Best choice yet!
By Lesterd

2003 Pontiac Aztek Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We HAD to replace a car. It had over 300,000 miles on it, so we get an Aztec. It has the a cd player and the basic 6 speaker sound system, and air conditioner, and ABS. Everything else is standard. I also just recently received my permit, I have had if for 5 months. It has been an awesome driver, I love it. It is pretty darn powerful for a V-6. I hit 95 passing a truck just plain flooring it. And the standard sound system is so amazing. I put it on full blast playing the song "My Michelle" by the Guns n' Roses and I could hear it during road construction 2 blocks away. We also just had to replace the oxygen sensor, and now it is a beast. It is way louder and way faster Recomend it

Sound system, speed, comfort and usefulness. Also got 38 MPG on the highway on an 800 mile trip. Not with me driving, though. I get about 22 when I drive. Begginer.

A little pricey for used, maybe a V-8 and some sort of package with bigger tires, a raised lift, and some stuff for mudding.