Used 2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Aztek - Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV

View reviews for a specific Aztek model:

I will be passing this vehicle to my daughter
By pilotauto

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have 380,000KM's on 'er and the Aztek runs like a top,it has been very reliable and comfortable to drive,and gets great gas mileage..I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle,it has been a very,very excellent family, as well as sporting, outdoor activity type vehicle.This vehicle has been top notch in any way you care to mention...and I like the fact it has unique styling and doesn't lo0ok like everything else out there..I hope my next vehicle will be this awesome!!! I wish they still made them,I'd get another but all wheel drive...even though the 2WD was great in the snowy icy,and wet conditions.

Favorite Features

Versatility,reliability,comfort,Fuel economy,fun to drive and unique.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield sprayers mounted to hood rather than on the wiper arms.

380,000 KM and Passing it down.
By pilotauto

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Aztek new in the spring of 2003..I guess I,m one of the weirdos that like the styling..that is what attracted me to this vehicle,when I test drove it and saw all the cool little features,and how much room it had..well it spoke to me,so I bought it and,and have "0" regrets in fact it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have owned At 320,000KM I did have to have the intake manifold gasket replaced....but at 380.000KM she runs like a top.I oil sprayed(undercoated her from new,and every year after,and used 5W-30 Full synthetic Motor oil from Day 1 now my daughter is going to have it I only hope the new vehicle I purchased gives me the worry free long service the Aztek has.

Favorite Features

Cool styling,I really like the different styling to the Aztek,comfort,layout of everything in the interior..fit me like a glove,very reliable,I got and get great gas mileage.I can't emphasize enough about the room in this vehicle to haul all kinds of gear-stuff....hell you don't need the tent you can take the seats out and it's a mini camper in itself.Drives really nice comfortable and smooth with plenty of power.Like all the little storage space areas and 12V electric outlets.Seats are super comfortable with the fronts having fantastic lumbar support...not sure about the back seats as I've never been a passenger back there LOL!!! But I've never heard any complaints.

Suggested Improvements

Remote start, lay flat back seats,lay flat passenger front seat,Hood mounted washer fluid sprayers.

Blower Failures
By Ombray

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Our heater blowers keep failing. we are about to get our 6th. We don't use it much in summer and don't run it on hi very often. anyone else heard about this?

Favorite Features

Easy to haul stuff.

I Love It
By Tommy N Daniel

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i love my aztek my baby bought it for me 2 years ago and the only thing we have had to do is change the oil, put a set of tires on it and new brakes all i can say is that its not ever left me standing out in the cold/heat and that i love it lol

Favorite Features

i love everything about my aztek

Suggested Improvements

i love everything lol

Ugly But Functional
By Steve

2003 Pontiac Aztek SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly impressed! First American car in 30 years, and it's really nice! No complaints, except for having great difficulty putting gas into it. Have had diagnosis by 3 certified mechanics, replaced fuel vapor canister, fuel evap solenoid and STILL have to put gas in at about 5 cents a spurt because the nozzle keeps kicking out. It's smooth, quiet, powerful and has a number of features I was going to invent one of these days. I recommend a buy, if you're more concerned about function than appearance.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights, easily removable rear seats, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Some aesthetic restyling would help